Beverley O'Connor

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
51 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   modecko #1

• 3,090 posts since
  • November 2002

Posted 19 August 2004 - 03:37 PM

I've been a love smitten fan of this woman going back a long time. She started on a very non-descript businiess segment on the ABC where in an open forum with 4 university business academics she would discuss the current happenings in our region. Often she wore short skirts (very short) and tight tops and the men couldn't keep from ogling.

She's a real comic and practical joker as well. I know I have some very old low quality Amiga caps that would be worth posting. See if I can find them.

Edited by echo53, 20 August 2004 - 02:10 PM.

All content is from the author's twisted mind and does reflect his bent personality. He is seeking professional help.

OFFLINE   squire #2

• 68 posts since
  • August 2003

Posted 19 August 2004 - 11:24 PM

If Bev is a Barbie Doll, I wish I was allowed to play with such dolls as a young boy after all instead of playing football!

[Guest] Mulvas #3

• --

Posted 20 August 2004 - 09:46 AM

If Bev is a Barbie Doll, I wish I was allowed to play with such dolls as a young boy after all instead of playing football!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol: :lol:

She's actually the best one I've seen for a while. She has what this Miss No Personalityista that's visiting us doesn't have...

OFFLINE   sammyg #4

• 82 posts since
  • November 2002

Posted 20 August 2004 - 02:07 PM

She used to do the VFL football on the ABC on Sat's.

I remember one time she had a tight black jumper on. Sensational!!! She has the most fantastic set of Hooters! :huh:

OFFLINE   modecko #5

• 3,090 posts since
  • November 2002

Posted 04 September 2004 - 07:18 AM

BTW mods I've just noticed (shows how much attention I pay). The post title says "Seven News Sports Barbie doll".

First, she is an ABC sports and news reporter, not 7 and secondly having been a long term fan of hers I think "Barbie doll" is actually an insult in the innuendo it invokes. She is extremely intelligent, very witty and funny, with a wicked sense of humour and has unique looks and beauty that are nowhere near the blonde plastic mass produced stereotype that Barbie invokes.
All content is from the author's twisted mind and does reflect his bent personality. He is seeking professional help.

OFFLINE   jezza #6

• Chief Administrator

• 683 posts since
  • September 2002

Posted 04 September 2004 - 09:48 AM

BTW mods I've just noticed (shows how much attention I pay). The post title says "Seven News Sports Barbie doll".

First, she is an ABC sports and news reporter, not 7 and secondly having been a long term fan of hers I think "Barbie doll" is actually an insult in the innuendo it invokes. She is extremely intelligent, very witty and funny, with a wicked sense of humour and has unique looks and beauty that are nowhere near the blonde plastic mass produced stereotype that Barbie invokes.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You have a point1 B)

Chief Administrator

Media Spy

www.mediaspy.org

jezza@mediaspy.org

[Guest] Mulvas #7

• --

Posted 04 September 2004 - 10:21 AM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Come to think of it, I don't think 'wicked' is appropriate...!! :o

When labelling that, I meant she has the perfect body and looks, and an extreme intellect and talent to follow... :rolleyes:

OFFLINE   TK427 #8

• 37 posts since
  • November 2003

Posted 04 September 2004 - 10:25 AM

Can we have the 'Barbie' slur dropped from her description.
It is an insult. There aren't any other presenters that have a description as demeaning as this.

[Guest] Mulvas #9

• --

Posted 04 September 2004 - 10:29 AM

Can we have  the 'Barbie' slur dropped from her description.
It is an insult.  There aren't any other presenters that have a description as demeaning as this.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It has been!!

I apologise for any insult I may have caused. I have the highest regard and respect for her, and she is my favourite news presenter. I'm sick of how MediaSpyers have to go on and on about things all the time... let it go - DROP IT. :rolleyes:

OFFLINE   modecko #10

• 3,090 posts since
  • November 2002

Posted 04 September 2004 - 12:49 PM

Sorry I did not mean it as a nasty rebuke at all. I should just have asked for it to be changed without adding the extra bit in. I know you meant it as compliment to her beauty (as would anyone else who regularly reads your posts here) but "Barbie doll" is now in the modern context an insult.

So I agree let's just drop it and get posting more of her. Thanks for changing the title btw.

OFFLINE   TK427 #11

• 37 posts since
  • November 2003

Posted 04 September 2004 - 10:17 PM

Thanks Mulvas.
You must have been amending while I was typing!

[Guest] Mulvas #12

• --

Posted 04 September 2004 - 10:41 PM

Nah, I assume it was jezza... though I would have changed it. I now see what the definition holds as today, have looked a few things up. As I've said, I love Bev, and thanks for everyone's co-operation. I wouldn't belittle her for the world.

OFFLINE   MelbourneTV #13

• 7,828 posts since
  • October 2002

Posted 04 September 2004 - 10:56 PM

I hope to high heaven that Seven keep her on. She is great.

[Guest] Mulvas #14

• --

Posted 04 September 2004 - 10:58 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It looks like it that way, although they have made no big announcements... if only Seven knew the word... 'publicity'

OFFLINE   modecko #15

• 3,090 posts since
  • November 2002

Posted 05 September 2004 - 07:11 AM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry I'm missing something here. Is she now working for 7, has she left the ABC?

I have not seen her on 7 (Prime) or is she only on in 7 Melbourne?

When did she leave the ABC and go work for 7? This is all new to me so sorry for the barrage of questions. As stated previously I've followed her from when she did business and education stuff for the ABC way back so this is a surprise to me.

OFFLINE   Lepatron #16

• Retired Admin

• 8,862 posts since
  • September 2002

Posted 05 September 2004 - 09:57 AM

Sorry I'm missing something here. Is she now working for 7, has she left the ABC?

I have not seen her on 7 (Prime) or is she only on in 7 Melbourne?

When did she leave the ABC and go work for 7? This is all new to me so sorry for the barrage of questions. As stated previously I've followed her from when she did business and education stuff for the ABC way back so this is a surprise to me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

She resigned from the ABC and joined Seven around a month ago. She was hired to fill-in for Jim Wilson as weeknight sports anchor while he was at the Olympics. I suppose if she doesn't continue in that role, and Jim does return, she will do special projects :rolleyes:
<strong class='bbc'>Lepatron</strong> | Deputy Chief Administrator<br /><br />Media Spy | lepatron@mediaspy.org | mediaspy.org

OFFLINE   modecko #17

• 3,090 posts since
  • November 2002

Posted 05 September 2004 - 10:39 AM

She resigned from the ABC and joined Seven around a month ago. She was hired to fill-in for Jim Wilson as weeknight sports anchor while he was at the Olympics. I suppose if she doesn't continue in that role, and Jim does return, she will do special projects  :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the info. Here's hoping she does more on-air stuff and we see much more of her. "Special Projects" is shit because it means you hardly ever get to see them, it's what happened to Emma Alberici.

OFFLINE   Lepatron #18

• Retired Admin

• 8,862 posts since
  • September 2002

Posted 05 September 2004 - 10:49 AM

"Special Projects" is shit because it means you hardly ever get to see them, it's what happened to Emma Alberici.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Emma made a stupid decision to leave Nine though. She had her full-time job on ACA as a reporter/producer and was fill-in Finance Editor. Left for the ABC for a show, that most of us could see wouldn't last too long.
<strong class='bbc'>Lepatron</strong> | Deputy Chief Administrator<br /><br />Media Spy | lepatron@mediaspy.org | mediaspy.org

OFFLINE   modecko #19

• 3,090 posts since
  • November 2002

Posted 05 September 2004 - 02:04 PM

Emma made a stupid decision to leave Nine though. She had her full-time job on ACA as a reporter/producer and was fill-in Finance Editor. Left for the ABC for a show, that most of us could see wouldn't last too long.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know it's the wrong thread before I get flamed. She was way under utilised on ACA and was doing stories (dare I say "fluff" ) that were way below her talent, and her finance reprots were amongst the best around but you could see even they had turned into an undisclosed informercial fluff piece, mainly for plugging Packer. Her leaving shows she has some modicum of integrity.

She mightn't be on mutch (and there is a pregancy inbetween) but what little Emma does on the ABC is first rate as shown by the portable goal post debacle she uncovered. You can always tell her pieces as the production quality is very professional and slick. So much superior to our two leading commercial so called current affairs, that can only set up repairmen and espouse a new miracle every week.

Wouldn't surprise me if the same happens to Beverley and even if she sticks out 7 I bet the sexy tops and the off air pope jokes will disappear.

Edited by echo53, 05 September 2004 - 02:08 PM.

[Guest] Mulvas #20

• --

Posted 05 September 2004 - 05:37 PM

It's looking like Bev will continue what she's doing, at least for the forseeable future... B) :rolleyes: