Spooks

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   bacco007 #21

• Deputy Chief Administrator

• 9,182 posts since
  • February 2005

Posted 05 January 2009 - 05:59 PM

Adam's character development is poor and the death of Fiona didnt help that. His S7 replacement (played by Richard Armitage) I think will be better, he has a considerable backstory but I hope that the S8 storylines are different to the S7 theme.

Many thought the show died when Tom left, I thought it would have died after that crap with "Yalta"

OFFLINE   Cyril Washbrook #22

• Retired Admin

• 9,531 posts since
  • November 2006

Posted 08 October 2010 - 01:30 PM

Spooks is back. Series 8 begins on Saturday 30 October.

In episode one of series eight Harry (Peter Firth) is still missing following his meeting with FSB agent Victor Sarkisian (Peter Sullivan), and the strain is beginning to show on Section D. The team is thrown into turmoil when footage of Harry being executed at the hands of the Sacred Army of Righteous Vengeance (SARV) is posted on the web. Questions are raised about the authenticity of the video; nothing adds up and Ros (Hermione Norris) insists they must proceed as if Harry is alive. But the race is on to find him, because if he has not been killed yet, he most certainly will be once his captors no longer have a use for him.

When Sarkisian turns up dead, it looks like the team have lost their strongest lead. Who took Harry and what information are they trying to get out of him? New CIA liaison officer Sarah Caulfield (Genevieve O’Reilly), cannot offer any answers and the information provided by MI6 officer Stephen Hillier (Andrew Scarborough), turns out to be a red herring.

Help comes from an unexpected quarter when an old member of the team – Ruth (Nicola Walker) returns, fearing for her life.
The team discovers that Harry once thwarted a clandestine operation to smuggle weapons grade uranium into Iraq in order to justify the war. Harry managed to get the uranium out of the country and he only told one other person its whereabouts: Ruth. Now the rogue intelligence officers who masterminded the operation want their uranium back and they don’t care who they have to kill to get it.

When Ruth and her family are kidnapped, the race is on for Section D to save Ruth and Harry and to prevent the uranium from getting into the wrong hands. But they are up against worthy opponents who will go to any lengths to make Harry talk. Will Ros and the team get to Harry and Ruth in time?

OFFLINE   Travis #23

• 3,943 posts since
  • October 2006

Posted 08 October 2010 - 01:50 PM

Spooks is back. Series 8 begins on Saturday 30 October.

An alright replacement for The Bill,I suppose.

OFFLINE   SA TV #24

• 8,342 posts since
  • October 2002

Posted 08 October 2010 - 07:03 PM

Awesome, can't wait.... though I'd hoped to work my way though all 7 previous seasons before it came back, might not have time ow to get through all the DVDs.

OFFLINE   Cyril Washbrook #25

• Retired Admin

• 9,531 posts since
  • November 2006

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:47 PM

China's government has reportedly taken umbrage at a story arc in the spy drama Spooks, sparking tensions with the series' international distributor BBC Worldwide.

Officials in Beijing were displeased with negative portrayals of Chinese people in the latest season of the BBC series.

http://www.mediaspy....s-china-report/

Minor spoiler alert.

OFFLINE   Johnson28 #26

• 2012 & 2014 NRL Tipping Champion

• 11,916 posts since
  • October 2010

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:53 PM

^ The Chinese Government will just protest at anything that is against its interest or shows a bad image of the regime. I can still remember an episode of MacGyver with the storyline of Chinese consulate officials involved in a kidnapping plot.

OFFLINE   bacco007 #27

• 9,182 posts since
  • February 2005

Posted 14 November 2010 - 04:21 PM

The Chinese got no worse treatment then what the Russians have got in previous series (or the Americans for that matter).

The 8th season is better then the last few, but it kind of jumped the shark mid way through the series. I wont spoil much but one spook goes rogue and one favourite returns (in a limited role)

OFFLINE   Dusty Roads #28

• 72 posts since
  • February 2008

Posted 23 November 2010 - 03:35 PM

A spook goes rogue ???

after the death of the pretty blonde there aren't many left who could !

OFFLINE   SA TV #29

• 8,342 posts since
  • October 2002

Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:52 PM

A spook goes rogue ???

after the death of the pretty blonde there aren't many left who could !

well if you watched last week, it's pretty obvious who the double agent is.... or is it....

OFFLINE   Dusty Roads #30

• 72 posts since
  • February 2008

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:26 PM

Whats the goss on a replacement for "Lucas" the rogue MI5 agent ??

OFFLINE   kevizz #31

• 4,909 posts since
  • July 2010

Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:03 PM

Whats the goss on a replacement for "Lucas" the rogue MI5 agent ??

Great episode Saturday, one of their best Season Finales. I think Dimitri will probably get a larger presence in the next season, so they might not need to bring in a character to 'replace' him, for the start of the season at least. Although you never know with Spooks' writers!

Edited by kevizz, 23 May 2011 - 06:07 PM.

OFFLINE   Cyril Washbrook #32

• Retired Admin

• 9,531 posts since
  • November 2006

Posted 12 August 2011 - 02:45 PM

Spooks is being axed at the end of the upcoming tenth season. More here. Perhaps they were running out of ways to kill off key characters. ;)

The BBC spy drama Spooks will be axed after the conclusion of the next season, with the programme's producers saying that they wanted to end the series "on a high".

The popular series has been on television screens since 2002 and is entering its tenth series this autumn. The BBC and the production company Kudos Films said that the final season would focus on the relationship between the MI5 counter-terrorism chief Harry Pearce (played by Peter Firth) and Ruth Evershed (Nicola Walker).

OFFLINE   bacco007 #33

• 9,182 posts since
  • February 2005

Posted 12 August 2011 - 09:04 PM

Harry Pierce is a bit like a cat, he has had 9 lives - only fitting he dies on the tenth attempt!

OFFLINE   SA TV #34

• 8,342 posts since
  • October 2002

Posted 12 August 2011 - 10:46 PM

Very sad that it'll end, but I am glad it will go out on a high! Has had me me hooked from Episode 1!

OFFLINE   feralflea #35

• 1,505 posts since
  • January 2012

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:53 PM

10th and final season starts on ABC this Saturday ........................ can't wait.
'carn Harry.