Media Spy Team

• Please log in to reply
1275 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Lepatron #1

• Retired Admin

• 8,859 posts since
  • September 2002

Posted 10 February 2005 - 12:06 AM

I would like to announce that Media Spy has added Mark to our Media Spy team.

Mark has been a MS member for the past 2 years and has made a regular contribution to this site. We are now furthering Mark's opportunities to contribute to Media Spy in other ways.

I would like to welcome Mark on behalf of the moderating team and I am sure he will do a great job. Mark will be based in our new entertainment forums - music and movies - as well as in our Help Desk.

This is latest of a number of recent changes to further enhance our team, including the recent addition of Genocyst (Celebrities forum), who is doing a great job.

OFFLINE   RepoJake #2

• 1,163 posts since
  • October 2002

Posted 10 February 2005 - 06:24 PM

Sweet. good choice
Seven and Nine don't ring credibility.
Parx-e Web Zine
My MySpace Page

OFFLINE   Lepatron #3

• Retired Admin

• 8,859 posts since
  • September 2002

Posted 11 February 2005 - 12:28 AM

In another change to Media Spy management, Mister Man has left our team.

Mister Man was a moderator and manager with us since day one, when the site was Media Central and continued with us through many transformations to Media Spy.

I would like to thank Mister Man for his efforts as a moderator and manager throughout this time, as well as his contributions as a regular capper for our Celebrities sections.

Hopefully we continue to see Mister Man around Media Spy.

OFFLINE   Lepatron #4

• Retired Admin

• 8,859 posts since
  • September 2002

Posted 08 March 2005 - 10:11 PM

Announcement

Just informing all Media Spy members that this site's most experienced manager Armac has been promoted to the admin team, working with Media Spy Site Owner, jezza, and myself, Media Spy Site Director.

Armac's new role as forums supervisor will encompass monitoring all aspects of the forums we currently offer here at Media Spy, rather than being confined to just one or two forums. Armac is currently away and will commence his new role when he returns.

We have promoted Gilbo to a management position, in Spy News, Spy Lounge and Movies, and Big Dan takes over the TV Personalities forum. And Armac's role will include helping assist these managers with running their individual forums.

OFFLINE   Tranquility #5

• 7,145 posts since
  • May 2003

Posted 09 March 2005 - 07:43 AM

Good choice! Work hard Macca :)
Tranquility | Forum Moderator and The Spy Report Editor
Media Spy | tranquility@mediaspy.org | mediaspy.org

OFFLINE   K #6

• 3,461 posts since
  • December 2004

Posted 09 March 2005 - 10:47 AM

Congrats all.

OFFLINE   Lepatron #7

• Retired Admin

• 8,859 posts since
  • September 2002

Posted 24 March 2005 - 10:23 AM

As I stated when I first announced Armac's new role, he is currently on an extended absense from Media Spy. This absense will continue indefinately, due to business-related activities, which have taken priority.

We hope to have Armac back on board as soon as possible to begin his new role, but in the meantime, if you have any queries that a forum manager cannot help you out with, please direct them to me.

Lepatron
Site Director
<strong class='bbc'>Lepatron</strong> | Deputy Chief Administrator<br /><br />Media Spy | lepatron@mediaspy.org | mediaspy.org

OFFLINE   sevennewsbrisbane #8

• 391 posts since
  • April 2003

Posted 02 May 2005 - 09:54 AM

wats happened to mark? a short lived reign apparantly.
Sevennewsbrisbane...quality over quantity for over 3 yrs now...

OFFLINE   Andrew #9

• 2,483 posts since
  • June 2003

Posted 02 May 2005 - 10:32 AM

And Sharpy and Jac are now on board...
We're not ambulance chasers, we're statue vandals!

OFFLINE   Mr Q #10

• 5,145 posts since
  • June 2003

Posted 02 May 2005 - 10:53 AM

Yes, we've had a few new appointments as a result of these changes - jac and sharpy are two of them, but you can see the full list of moderators here. Unfortunately though, Mark has decided to leave the moderating team. He's been cutting back his commitments as a moderator over the past couple of months due to time constraints, and decided recently that he would prefer to resume his status as a normal member. I'm personally disappointed to see him go - I think he did an exceptional job in the short time he was part of the team, and I certainly wish him all the best, and hope that he'll continue to contribute right across the site.
Awake and Alert - but never alarmed.

OFFLINE   Moses #11

• 1,360 posts since
  • June 2003

Posted 02 May 2005 - 01:17 PM

"We got the guys upstairs to edit together a montage of your unforgettable moments here at MediaSpy. Can we take a look at that now?" *cue lights fading and the song "Memories" playing over the montage*

"Wow some great memories there Mark. But just before you leave we've got the boys go to out and and get you this box of chockies and a bunch of flowers. Ladies and gentlemen, please give Mark a round of applause."

Edited by winnewstoowoomba, 02 May 2005 - 01:18 PM.

OFFLINE   Andrew #12

• 2,483 posts since
  • June 2003

Posted 02 May 2005 - 01:35 PM

Mmmm, my link to the montage seems not to be working....

A Tribute to Mark

OFFLINE   Andrew #13

• 2,483 posts since
  • June 2003

Posted 02 May 2005 - 01:42 PM

This was a memorable slide... Mark when Nuala Hafner presented her weather indoors:

OFFLINE   Moses #14

• 1,360 posts since
  • June 2003

Posted 02 May 2005 - 04:30 PM

"A MediaSpy Farewell: Mark" will soon be available on DVD from Buyersworld. Keep watchign Moira on Good Morning Australia for details.

OFFLINE   Big Dan #15

• 18,519 posts since
  • July 2003

Posted 02 May 2005 - 05:12 PM

Yes, we've had a few new appointments as a result of these changes - jac and sharpy are two of them, but you can see the full list of moderators here. Unfortunately though, Mark has decided to leave the moderating team. He's been cutting back his commitments as a moderator over the past couple of months due to time constraints, and decided recently that he would prefer to resume his status as a normal member. I'm personally disappointed to see him go - I think he did an exceptional job in the short time he was part of the team, and I certainly wish him all the best, and hope that he'll continue to contribute right across the site.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I concur. Mark was a great mod and I hope he sticks around as a regular member. :smirk:

"We got the guys upstairs to edit together a montage of your unforgettable moments here at MediaSpy. Can we take a look at that now?" *cue lights fading and the song "Memories" playing over the montage*

"Wow some great memories there Mark. But just before you leave we've got the boys go to out and and get you this box of chockies and a bunch of flowers. Ladies and gentlemen, please give Mark a round of applause."

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mmmm, my link to the montage seems not to be working....

A Tribute to Mark

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This was a memorable slide... Mark when Nuala Hafner presented her weather indoors:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"A MediaSpy Farewell: Mark" will soon be available on DVD from Buyersworld. Keep watchign Moira on Good Morning Australia for details.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Boom-tish! Folks, he ain't dead, you know! :o
Wake up and smell the maple nut crunch!
Follow me on Twitter at @bigdan1985

OFFLINE   Super Simpsons #16

• 4,559 posts since
  • July 2004

Posted 02 May 2005 - 09:26 PM

It's strange to see people going in and out of moderating, but you've got a good team. :o BTW, how do you become a moderator for those interested folk. :smirk:

OFFLINE   NewsWorld #17

• 4,454 posts since
  • October 2003

Posted 02 May 2005 - 09:37 PM

It's strange to see people going in and out of moderating, but you've got a good team.  :o BTW, how do you become a moderator for those interested folk.  :smirk:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(1) Never ending flattery
(2) Cash donations and lots of them - large unmarked bills please

OFFLINE   slj #18

• 2,270 posts since
  • July 2004

Posted 02 May 2005 - 09:48 PM

BTW, how do you become a moderator for those interested folk.  :smirk:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sacrifice a virgin to the gods.

Looks in australiantv's direction. :o

OFFLINE   Lepatron #19

• Retired Admin

• 8,859 posts since
  • September 2002

Posted 02 May 2005 - 09:54 PM

but you've got a good team.  :smirk:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for that. Yes I believe we have the best team we've probably ever had here on Media Spy.

The commitment the guys give this site, as well as the commitment given to us by some of the moderators who have since left us, is fantastic! It makes the site run so smoothly.

Many of you I don't think realise how messy the forum would be without dedicated mods - so it's great to get positive compliments :o

Cheers mate
<strong class='bbc'>Lepatron</strong> | Deputy Chief Administrator<br /><br />Media Spy | lepatron@mediaspy.org | mediaspy.org

OFFLINE   Super Simpsons #20

• 4,559 posts since
  • July 2004

Posted 02 May 2005 - 10:53 PM

(1) Never ending flattery
(2) Cash donations and lots of them - large unmarked bills please

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:smirk: :o :P :D

EDIT: And Lepatron, no problem, I meant it!

Edited by supersimpsons, 02 May 2005 - 10:54 PM.