Two and a Half Men

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
205 replies to this topic

Poll: Beta off without him, or did the show need its Alpha Charlie? (46 member(s) have cast votes)

Will Two and a Half Men still be successful now that it's lost its Sheen?

1. Yes, the show will bump along just fine (7 votes [15.22%])

Percentage of vote: 15.22%

2. No, without him the show will lose its appeal (33 votes [71.74%])

Percentage of vote: 71.74%

3. Depends on who they get to replace him (6 votes [13.04%])

Percentage of vote: 13.04%

Vote Guests cannot vote

OFFLINE   -David- #1

• 3,983 posts since
  • September 2008

Posted 18 October 2008 - 07:35 AM

I thought I should start a thread for such a fantastic show like Two and a Half Men, considering everyone in Australia loves it. Posted Image

Discuss away......

Ten News

Wake Up || Studio 10 || Ten News at Five || The Project || Ten Late News || The Bolt Report || Meet the Press

OFFLINE   Lex #2

• Writer

• 3,372 posts since
  • November 2007

Posted 18 October 2008 - 09:34 AM

QUOTE (Media Man @ Oct 18 2008, 08:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought I should start a thread for such a fantastic show like Two and a Half Men, considering everyone in Australia loves it. laugh.gif

Discuss away......

It's funny looking at all the 2AAHM time-slots listed in that orange bar at the top - its everywhere!!

OFFLINE   -David- #3

• 3,983 posts since
  • September 2008

Posted 18 October 2008 - 09:49 AM

I know lol, it is supposed to say "on Nine" at the end but it got cut off.

Ten News

Wake Up || Studio 10 || Ten News at Five || The Project || Ten Late News || The Bolt Report || Meet the Press

OFFLINE   antzzz #4

• 2,091 posts since
  • December 2003

Posted 18 October 2008 - 10:00 AM

QUOTE (Media Man @ Oct 18 2008, 07:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought I should start a thread for such a fantastic show like Two and a Half Men, considering everyone in Australia loves it. laugh.gif

Discuss away......

I think I represent what most other people are thinking.... crazy.gif
Do you like Australian grown grapes?
If so, how would you rather purchase fresh grapes from a supermarket? Vote Now!

OFFLINE   antzzz #5

• 2,091 posts since
  • December 2003

Posted 18 October 2008 - 10:03 AM

Nine spend 5 hours Mon-Fri on News and Current Affairs during prime-time, they spend the same amount of time airing 2.5 Men.

This show will be D-E-A-D soon... The same as Ramsay.

Back in the 90s when Nine had Friends rating through the roof, did you see aired 5 hours a week? No! The Nine that was #1 wasn't that stupid.
Do you like Australian grown grapes?
If so, how would you rather purchase fresh grapes from a supermarket? Vote Now!

OFFLINE   Genocyst #6

• Capture Contributor

• 4,214 posts since
  • January 2004

Posted 18 October 2008 - 10:05 AM

Mennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn hyper.gif

As i've said in the ratings thread, i hated it when i first saw it. But over time, Channel 9 hypnotised me enough (essentially saw a few good episodes in a row) and i now love it. Granted they have plenty of dud episodes, and one or two good ones - it's actually not a bad show.

Aside from the kid (nothing wrong with him persay.... just as he ages, he's not as funny!) I see John Cryer as the weak link - he's only good when his dorky nature is played up (usually when he's being setup on dates!).

Having said that Channel 9's pumping out of episodes will cost them the shows popularity in the long run, i'm sick of seeing repeats of repeats of repeats. The episodes from last Wednesday night, were only on a Tuesday night airing a few weeks ago. Unlike Seinfeld, the episodes are not funny after being replayed 904729047345903475 times

OFFLINE   TJ. #7

• 10,723 posts since
  • June 2007

Posted 18 October 2008 - 10:33 AM

I think if they cut back on the episodes to strictly weeknights at 7.00 only. The show will be a hit for a while.
The more episodes a week they air, the shorter it's lifespan.

OFFLINE   Jarrod #8

• 6,868 posts since
  • August 2006

Posted 18 October 2008 - 12:41 PM

We dont get it 7pm weeknights. we get ACA insted, so no where near as much of it on down here!

OFFLINE   Bureidenkune #9

• 1,139 posts since
  • March 2007

Posted 18 October 2008 - 01:34 PM

QUOTE (Jarrod @ Oct 18 2008, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We dont get it 7pm weeknights. we get ACA insted, so no where near as much of it on down here!

Yeah same here.

OFFLINE   Media Munger #10

• 3,270 posts since
  • June 2006

Posted 18 October 2008 - 01:38 PM

In my opinion, I think they should dump the Tuesday night hour altogether as that is the weakest link at the moment and stick the new episode on Wednesday when it rates the highest and promote the new episode as Fast Tracked as it last Tuesday's episode only aired in the US a couple of weeks ago. They could help it get even more ratings. I also think they should dump Monday's episode at 7.30 in favour of something like The Big Bang Theory or one of those comedy's, not Christine though, that is the worst comedy I have ever seen.

On the show itself, I can't believe I didn't create this thread. I seem to be the only one on here who consistently sticks up for the show! biggrin.gif

Next year I think they should try Frasier or something like that back at 7pm and return Two And A Half Men to once a week, new episode followed by a repeat or if it works out better, repeat followed by new episode.

OFFLINE   TJ. #11

• 10,723 posts since
  • June 2007

Posted 18 October 2008 - 01:44 PM

QUOTE (ATNI @ Oct 18 2008, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In my opinion, I think they should dump the Tuesday night hour altogether as that is the weakest link at the moment and stick the new episode on Wednesday when it rates the highest and promote the new episode as Fast Tracked as it last Tuesday's episode only aired in the US a couple of weeks ago. They could help it get even more ratings. I also think they should dump Monday's episode at 7.30 in favour of something like The Big Bang Theory or one of those comedy's, not Christine though, that is the worst comedy I have ever seen.

On the show itself, I can't believe I didn't create this thread. I seem to be the only one on here who consistently sticks up for the show! biggrin.gif

Next year I think they should try Frasier or something like that back at 7pm and return Two And A Half Men to once a week, new episode followed by a repeat or if it works out better, repeat followed by new episode.

Instead of Til Death and Big Bang Theory on Monday 7.30, I would go with the second series of Primeval Nine has left.
Otherwise, I agree with you ATNI. Cut it on Tuesday 8.30 and Monday 7.30. Could be a nice lead into The Mentalist actually.

OFFLINE   Media Munger #12

• 3,270 posts since
  • June 2006

Posted 18 October 2008 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE (tjkirk @ Oct 18 2008, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Instead of Til Death and Big Bang Theory on Monday 7.30, I would go with the second series of Primeval Nine has left.
Otherwise, I agree with you ATNI. Cut it on Tuesday 8.30 and Monday 7.30. Could be a nice lead into The Mentalist actually.

At the moment, it's been a great lead in to whatever is in the 8.30 slot on a Wednesday, just the show's in the 8.30pm slot haven't been appealing to people. Maybe The Mentalist will and could give Nine the Wednesday night.

OFFLINE   Tickford #13

• 3,008 posts since
  • May 2007

Posted 26 October 2008 - 07:28 PM

I agree that Nine is showing way too much TAAHM, but no one seems to mention that it's syndicated in the US.

OFFLINE   Splashmo #14

• 11,390 posts since
  • February 2005

Posted 26 October 2008 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE (Tickford @ Oct 26 2008, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree that Nine is showing way too much TAAHM, but no one seems to mention that it's syndicated in the US.

Well it's not repeated on CBS every night in primetime.

OFFLINE   Tickford #15

• 3,008 posts since
  • May 2007

Posted 26 October 2008 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE (Splashmo @ Oct 26 2008, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well it's not repeated on CBS every night in primetime.

It isn't on Nine either. Someone can correct me, but isn't it shown weeknights and Saturdays on The CW? That equates to about eight episodes per week.

OFFLINE   Splashmo #16

• 11,390 posts since
  • February 2005

Posted 26 October 2008 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE (Tickford @ Oct 26 2008, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It isn't on Nine either. Someone can correct me, but isn't it shown weeknights and Saturdays on The CW? That equates to about eight episodes per week.

Oh, come on. Syndication and repeats are two different concepts. The only direct comparison is CBS, and they don't show ten episodes per week in primetime as Nine do.

OFFLINE   Mike #17

• 18,540 posts since
  • January 2006

Posted 26 October 2008 - 07:51 PM

It does not air on "The CW" it airs in Syndication and quite a few local CW affiliates air the reruns. Our markets are far different and Network Primetime and Syndication are two different beasts.

OFFLINE   Tickford #18

• 3,008 posts since
  • May 2007

Posted 26 October 2008 - 08:07 PM

QUOTE (Mike 360 @ Oct 26 2008, 08:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It does not air on "The CW" it airs in Syndication and quite a few local CW affiliates air the reruns. Our markets are far different and Network Primetime and Syndication are two different beasts.

Bad working. Of course not all CW affiliates have the show, just a bit of a generalistation as is seems it mostly airs there.

QUOTE (Splashmo @ Oct 26 2008, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, come on. Syndication and repeats are two different concepts. The only direct comparison is CBS, and they don't show ten episodes per week in primetime as Nine do.

My point was that it's available to viewers almost everyday on regular TV and it isn't killing the programme. Obviously syndicated audiences are smaller than primetime, but there's 5+ million people watching (although they're only early episodes)

OFFLINE   Mike #19

• 18,540 posts since
  • January 2006

Posted 26 October 2008 - 09:06 PM

Yes but they usually air in the afternoon or at like 7pm or 11pm and not on CBS so to probably gets to a different audience to those who watch the new episodes and reruns on CBS.

Anyway, Nine airs it Mon-Fri at 7 and so many other times in Primetime. It is getting too much, you would of thought they would of learned their lesson.

OFFLINE   Jimmy James #20

• 4,884 posts since
  • January 2005

Posted 26 October 2008 - 10:17 PM

Actually the experience in the US is that when shows hit their sixth year and start competing with their own reruns their Prime Time ratings take a hit, Two and a Half Men would be an exception to that rule, I beleive it's ratings have improved in the states this year. The other major exception is Seinfeld which actually got stronger after it started to be stripped.
Words to live by...
Follow the RANT
TELEVISION RANT