9 News Content and Appearance

9 News

• Please log in to reply
11143 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   spw68 #11141

• 2,341 posts since
  • October 2006

Posted 17 October 2014 - 08:56 PM

I've noticed Hot Seat's ratings dropping off and MDM betting closer more often with the odd win even on a day without a big prize.

Could it be because of the poor lead in by Nine's afternoon News?

Are yesterday's ratings typical? They were in the low 200K's. Whereas doesn't Seven's 4pm News build through DOND to MDM?

Is that the typical pattern or just yesterday? I'm sure someone here knows...

spw68

ONLINE   TV Cynic #11142

• News Contributor

• 11,197 posts since
  • July 2010

Posted 18 October 2014 - 04:14 PM

I've noticed Hot Seat's ratings dropping off and MDM betting closer more often with the odd win even on a day without a big prize.

Could it be because of the poor lead in by Nine's afternoon News?

Are yesterday's ratings typical? They were in the low 200K's. Whereas doesn't Seven's 4pm News build through DOND to MDM?

Is that the typical pattern or just yesterday? I'm sure someone here knows...

The afternoon ratings are very volatile on Seven and Nine because the numbers are so low but the numbers you mention are typical. Deal or No Deal gets a lot more viewers than either network's afternoon news so should theoretically be a good lead for MDM. 

OFFLINE   Glen #11143

• 657 posts since
  • August 2007

Posted 19 October 2014 - 11:08 PM

As also posted over the Seven News Content and Appearance thread, an interesting comparison on a story run on both Seven News and Nine News in Queensland tonight.

Reporting on a breakthrough in a cold-case investigation, Seven News didn't name the person arrested or the lawyer representing him, and blurred their faces saying they were not legally able to. But over on Nine News, they did the complete opposite and did not censor anyone. Not sure who was right or wrong here - or if there may be action taken after this, or if Seven was just playing on the side of safety.

Edited by Glen, 19 October 2014 - 11:09 PM.

ONLINE   TV Cynic #11144

• News Contributor

• 11,197 posts since
  • July 2010

Posted Today, 07:43 AM

Unusual story selection with last night's 9 News Brisbane opening with a long story on a suburban house fire (no fatalities). Interviews with multiple residents and to close, a live cross to the scene 6 hours after the fire.  The story didn't even make the first advert break on 7 and 10 though all three had vision.