9 News Content and Appearance

9 News

• Please log in to reply
11363 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Glen #11361

• 756 posts since
  • August 2007

Posted 17 December 2014 - 05:35 PM

This additionally would annoy radio stations who simulcast the bulletin too. I was listening online to the station that simulcasts the Gold Coast news bulletin, and they were clearly unaware of the bulletin being delayed. They had a few minutes of dead air because they had nothing else lined up to play. I can't imagine what the simulcast stations in Sydney and Melbourne must have felt.

This happened again on the Gold Coast today, as play went past 5.30pm for a minute or two. Not sure why they would prioritise cricket over the only local news bulletin produced in this television region.

OFFLINE   Jeffmister #11362

• 2,136 posts since
  • February 2007

Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:51 PM

This happened again on the Gold Coast today, as play went past 5.30pm for a minute or two. Not sure why they would prioritise cricket over the only local news bulletin produced in this television region.

I think if it's only a few minutes then it's fine because in that case, 5:30pm was when the cricket was over for the day & Nine generally wrap their coverage up within seconds of it happening

OFFLINE   Glen #11363

• 756 posts since
  • August 2007

Posted 19 December 2014 - 02:04 PM

Amelia Adams presented a breaking news update during a break in the cricket at around 2pm Queensland time, on the stabbing death of eight children in Cairns. Not sure when it started as I came in halfway through, but lasted at least 3-4 minutes.

OFFLINE   SydneyCityTV #11364

• 7,195 posts since
  • November 2011

Posted 19 December 2014 - 06:16 PM

A special addition to the 7 Day Forecast screens during the Weather on Nine News Sydney, a Santa sleigh sliding from Xmas Eve to Xmas Day. Looks a bit tacky IMO.

Anyway, here's a cap:
Nine News Sydney - Christmas Weather Forecast Addition (19.12.2014).jpg