• Please log in to reply
11492 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Matlock #11481

• News Contributor

• 6,374 posts since
  • September 2011

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:28 PM

This is Deb's post: http://instagram.com...wRt/?modal=true

Key word being 'finalised'. Unless she means 'finished', I interpret that to mean they are being approved by management and are yet to be built.

OFFLINE   SydneyCityTV #11482

• 7,497 posts since
  • November 2011

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:44 PM

Call me crazy but if something as significant like new look sets (or any On-Air Presentation elements for that matter) were still to be approved by management, then why would an On-Air personality even be allowed to say something about it? :unsure:

As much as I'd like to see it happen (being #1 in the ratings is no time for complacency, just ask Seven!), I somehow doubt that Nine News will be getting any new sets or graphics in 2015. If you were to ask me, the programs filmed in Studio 22 would be the most likely to see any form of changes this year and that's irrelevant to this thread!

OFFLINE   AdelaideMedia #11483

• 4,340 posts since
  • February 2014

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:49 PM

Key word being 'finalised'. Unless she means 'finished', I interpret that to mean they are being approved by management and are yet to be built.

Her words are "...being finalised for on air..."

OFFLINE   kevizz #11484

• 5,138 posts since
  • July 2010

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:36 PM

The words are pretty much synonymous, no? To finish being to complete, to finalise being to arrange the last details, so the latter might actually make more sense? Though the fact there's no obvious changes in the studio could support your interpretation. 

She also confirmed the set changes are for "@thetodayshow, weekend @thetodayshow, Mornings, ACA, The Footy Show, Wide World of Sport.. The list goes on."

Edited by kevizz, 22 January 2015 - 08:39 PM.

OFFLINE   Matlock #11485

• News Contributor

• 6,374 posts since
  • September 2011

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:42 PM

"Being finished" and "being finalised" both mean 'almost done', but I've always used/heard the word 'finalised' in the context of making and solidifying plans and arrangements, rather than actually committing to carrying out an action or job, which would be 'finished'.

Didn't notice the "for on air" part though, so I may very well be wrong.

OFFLINE   Matt_Melb #11486

• Formerly Mike.S

• 11,840 posts since
  • August 2011

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:50 PM

She also confirmed the set changes are for "@thetodayshow, weekend @thetodayshow, Mornings, ACA, The Footy Show, Wide World of Sport.. The list goes on."

. She also confirmed the set changes are for "@thetodayshow, weekend @thetodayshow, Mornings, ACA, The Footy Show, Wide World of Sport.. The list goes on."

Deb did not confirm set changes to those shows listed.She listed those shows in reply to the question-What programs are filmed in this studio.

Edited by Matt_Melb, 22 January 2015 - 08:52 PM.

OFFLINE   VTR6 #11487

• 4 posts since
  • November 2013

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:52 PM

Hate to be a stickler... but the US calls it Master Control, here in Aus that's "Presentation" or to most of the DAs at TCN "PC" - Presentation Control.

Master Control at 9 is where feeds are routed, IFB sorted, links assigned to frame store etc.

PC or presentation control play the programs and insert the adverts.

OFFLINE   kevizz #11488

• 5,138 posts since
  • July 2010

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:58 PM

Deb did not confirm set changes to those shows listed.She listed those shows in reply to the question-What programs are filmed in this studio.

Whoops! You're right.

See Mornings thread for confirmation that they have been constructed. 

OFFLINE   Matlock #11489

• News Contributor

• 6,374 posts since
  • September 2011

Posted 22 January 2015 - 09:06 PM

She did confirm multiple new sets, but yeah, it is unlikely that all of the sets will be replaced. She didn't mention Financial Review, so perhaps she did list out the shows with new sets, and FRS will keep the same one? Gah, too much vagueness for my head.

I'm thinking that Today, Mornings and ACA will get a new one. A part of me hopes that Nine will shift their 6pm news alongside them into a big new multipurpose set too, something like the BBC's old TC7, which housed Breakfast, Newsnight and the News at One, Six and Ten:

_55493946_webbehindstudio.jpg

Edited by Matlock, 22 January 2015 - 09:08 PM.

OFFLINE   AdelaideMedia #11490

• 4,340 posts since
  • February 2014

Posted 22 January 2015 - 09:25 PM

Financial Review is in Studio 1 (21?) and she replied to a question about what shows are produced in Studio 22. I like your thinking with the multipurpose set though.

OFFLINE   lexington #11491

• 1,481 posts since
  • November 2008

Posted 22 January 2015 - 09:27 PM

Master Control at 9 is where feeds are routed, IFB sorted, links assigned to frame store etc.

PC or presentation control play the programs and insert the adverts.

Yeap, I just left out what Australian MCR's do..

OFFLINE   Syd_TVChannel #11492

• 401 posts since
  • November 2013

Posted 25 January 2015 - 04:25 PM

how old is the national news set at TCN now ? four/five years?

OFFLINE   AdelaideMedia #11493

• 4,340 posts since
  • February 2014

Posted 25 January 2015 - 04:33 PM

February 8 2010 - almost 5 years.