9 News Content and Appearance

9 News

• Please log in to reply
11911 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   mischievous73 #11901

• 2,695 posts since
  • January 2012

Posted 05 July 2015 - 07:17 PM

Peter also apologised to QLD viewers at the end of the news stating "we had some serious technical errors in our Brisbane studios".

Good that he acknowledged the reason unlike Seven's Rebecca Maddern last night who made no mention of why Sydney viewers were watching the Melbourne bulletin with only one Sydney story included. 

OFFLINE   dk32 #11902

• 3,429 posts since
  • October 2003

Posted 05 July 2015 - 07:19 PM

Queensland viewers will be absolutely thrilled to see the Origin coverage through blue coloured lenses. 

Lol! The way it should be seen!

The cross to Sydney happened after sport anyhow (about 6:45 pm)

OFFLINE   Glen #11903

• 1,024 posts since
  • August 2007

Posted 05 July 2015 - 07:21 PM

Queensland viewers will be absolutely thrilled to see the Origin coverage through blue coloured lenses. 

The segments they did manage to get out was actually a couple of live crosses on the Maroons and a preview of the Alex McKinnon 60 minutes story. By the time we got to Sydney news, the sports presentation was over.

On a positive note, they have managed to get out the usual local weather updates tonight with Sophie Walsh. However, the news updates are the Sydney ones with Peter Overton - complete with a Sydney story promo for Monday's bulletin.

Edited by Glen, 05 July 2015 - 08:11 PM.

OFFLINE   mischievous73 #11904

• 2,695 posts since
  • January 2012

Posted 05 July 2015 - 08:17 PM

Lol! The way it should be seen!

The cross to Sydney happened after sport anyhow (about 6:45 pm)

Damn it! lol. There would have been a riot north of the border!

OFFLINE   TV Cynic #11905

• News Contributor

• 14,853 posts since
  • July 2010

Posted 05 July 2015 - 08:24 PM

Upload bulletin (well actually just the glitches) to YT now

Rather exasperated looking anchors.

fail.JPG

The last time this happened to QTQ it was also a Sunday night bulletin last October.

OFFLINE   TV Cynic #11906

• News Contributor

• 14,853 posts since
  • July 2010

Posted 05 July 2015 - 09:12 PM

Tonight's QTQ Nine News  - Brisbane we have a problem!

OFFLINE   transmissioncontrol #11907

• 35 posts since
  • July 2013

Posted 05 July 2015 - 10:46 PM

Becoming an all too regular occurrence on many stations now, more so getting semi-regular on QTQ. As most places have cut back to next to nothing, when it gets too hard, they always seek to switch to another interstate bulletin as there literally is no back up system in place anymore. Not even a Production Tapes Dept or adequately staffed/equipped News/Media Exchange to manual roll backups off an EVS or tape anymore! And with most places having gone to Mozrt/Ignite Studio Automation, they have all their eggs in the one basket, if that one egg basket cracks, the studio output totally burns. Not to mention possibly no on-site technical staff to fix being on a weekend. With regards to QTQ, there is a backup studio control room. The main 6pm QTQ News comes out of QTQ Studio 1, there is also a fully functioning QTQ Studio 2, which does 5.30pm QTQ Gold Coast News during the week, with the Gold Coast News not on today, could QTQ have switched to that control room instead? Might be that both QTQ control rooms share the same single SAN video server, then there would be no backup?

OFFLINE   lexington #11908

• 1,602 posts since
  • November 2008

Posted 05 July 2015 - 11:35 PM

I would dare say that either Studio 2 was shut down for the weekend and would require a cold boot to get going, but even then it probably is all on the one video server.

As for your comment transmissioncontrol about all studios placing a lot of eggs in one basket, TVQ 10 is in a unique position... my source tells me that they still have a master switch to return studio control to manual mode because they produce childrens tv & couch time from there... Mosart is only for the news.  They could, in theory, run a manual bulletin (without the plasmas in the background, as they are Mosart controlled.)

Edited by lexington, 05 July 2015 - 11:36 PM.

OFFLINE   nationalnews@qld #11909

• 1,528 posts since
  • November 2014

Posted Yesterday, 05:30 PM

Not sure if it happened this morning, but QTQ aired the national Afternoon News over the local edition, thank god. Does any one know if it was due to the technical difficulties, a one off or a permanent fixture? BTW, it was much, much better.

ONLINE   SydneyCityTV #11910

• 8,463 posts since
  • November 2011

Posted Yesterday, 05:40 PM

Maybe it's just me, but I don't understand the hate for the QLD editions of the Morning/Afternoon News.

OFFLINE   Glen #11911

• 1,024 posts since
  • August 2007

Posted Yesterday, 06:40 PM

Not sure if it happened this morning, but QTQ aired the national Afternoon News over the local edition, thank god. Does any one know if it was due to the technical difficulties, a one off or a permanent fixture? BTW, it was much, much better.

One off. Eva is also on holidays this week.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't understand the hate for the QLD editions of the Morning/Afternoon News.

Neither - it's proves handy on busy news days. Pre-1990s people would be usually be up in arms about having national news produced over local bulletins. So not sure why there is hate for Queensland bucking the trend?

Edited by Glen, Yesterday, 06:41 PM.

OFFLINE   nationalnews@qld #11912

• 1,528 posts since
  • November 2014

Posted Yesterday, 07:18 PM

I've explained it before and I understand the importance of have local content, but I think it is poorly constructed. Also I don't see the point of having an almost replica bulletin produced by the network when both the local and national and are both live bulletins. Glen, do you know if they are running the national bulletins all week?