Ten Eyewitness News Presenters and Reporters

• Please log in to reply
6591 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   TYSON #21

• 2,286 posts since
  • September 2007

Posted 01 November 2008 - 07:49 PM

QUOTE (Marso @ Nov 1 2008, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I too could've sworn she did 11am as well as late news recently....my days must be running into one another! silly.gif

Yeah last Friday she did 11am and then the Late News which was around 10.30pm.. Maybe it was prerecorded or she went home in between

OFFLINE   Marso #22

• 50 posts since
  • October 2008

Posted 01 November 2008 - 07:51 PM

QUOTE (TYSON @ Nov 1 2008, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah last Friday she did 11am and then the Late News which was around 10.30pm.. Maybe it was prerecorded or she went home in between

Thanks Tyson - at least I know I didn't imagine it, I'm just a few days late! She may have just had an unusually long shift I suppose. Unless she wasn't meant to do one of them and someone dropped out and she had to fill in....

Edited by Marso, 01 November 2008 - 07:51 PM.

[Guest] schemmalie #23

• --

Posted 01 November 2008 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE (Marso @ Nov 1 2008, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks Tyson - at least I know I didn't imagine it, I'm just a few days late! She may have just had an unusually long shift I suppose. Unless she wasn't meant to do one of them and someone dropped out and she had to fill in....

Often happens that they'll get same person to do two bulletins doesn't it...eg deb knight doing sydney news then filling in for sandra on late news...

OFFLINE   jojo #24

• 222 posts since
  • September 2008

Posted 02 November 2008 - 12:34 AM

QUOTE (schemmalie @ Nov 1 2008, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Often happens that they'll get same person to do two bulletins doesn't it...eg deb knight doing sydney news then filling in for sandra on late news...

yeh its happened quite a bit of late...must be exhausting though!

OFFLINE   Marso #25

• 50 posts since
  • October 2008

Posted 02 November 2008 - 11:31 AM

QUOTE (jojo @ Nov 2 2008, 01:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeh its happened quite a bit of late...must be exhausting though!

Yeh I imagine it would be a long day. Gotta say apart from being a huge fan of Frank (more airtime for Frank Ten!! What a waste of talent!), I love Deb too. She is a brilliant female journo. You can tell that she knows what she's talking about, is great on camera and friendly.

OFFLINE   jojo #26

• 222 posts since
  • September 2008

Posted 02 November 2008 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE (Marso @ Nov 2 2008, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeh I imagine it would be a long day. Gotta say apart from being a huge fan of Frank (more airtime for Frank Ten!! What a waste of talent!), I love Deb too. She is a brilliant female journo. You can tell that she knows what she's talking about, is great on camera and friendly.

couldnt agree more! im a huge deb fan cheerful.gif

OFFLINE   robsNEWS #27

• 915 posts since
  • July 2008

Posted 03 November 2008 - 05:09 PM

The Sandra and Brad banter goes on and on and on...

It is not Sandra that can't hold a conversation down, it is that annoy red-headed pratt Brad who lacks the basic need to have a conversation on air.

His smart arse remark last week when Sandra mentioned that it was nearly November...

Sandra: "That's Ten News for this Wednesday October 30, 2008......can you believe its November already"?.
Brad: "Yes I can"

I mean why can't he just go along with her and do it for television rather than being a stuck up presenter who thinks he is gods gift.........Well news for McEwan....he is not gods gift. I don't even watch his woeful sports tonight...........Bring back Ryan Phelan I say.

[Guest] schemmalie #28

• --

Posted 03 November 2008 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE (robsNEWS @ Nov 3 2008, 06:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is not Sandra that can't hold a conversation down, it is that annoy red-headed pratt Brad who lacks the basic need to have a conversation on air.

His smart arse remark last week when Sandra mentioned that it was nearly November...

Sandra: "That's Ten News for this Wednesday October 30, 2008......can you believe its November already"?.

I mean why can't he just go along with her and do it for television rather than being a stuck up presenter who thinks he is gods gift.........Well news for McEwan....he is not gods gift. I don't even watch his woeful sports tonight...........Bring back Ryan Phelan I say.

Wow.You really dislike brad don't ya.I don't think he's too bad, and the way he talks to sandra is how she talks to him back, they both give as good as they get...

Sandra is the same way with everyone she works with on air.

OFFLINE   Nimeton #29

• 898 posts since
  • December 2002

Posted 03 November 2008 - 06:33 PM

Getting so sick of the constant brad/sandra discussion. It has been done to death and is there really that much to talk about?

Congratulations to Rebecca Morse and James Waklin who have just delivered their second kid. They showed some footage at the end of tonight's news.

OFFLINE   TGIF #30

• 11,470 posts since
  • October 2006

Posted 03 November 2008 - 06:41 PM

James Wakelin the reporter?

That's nice for them.

OFFLINE   Tranquility #31

• 7,145 posts since
  • May 2003

Posted 03 November 2008 - 06:42 PM

QUOTE (TGIF @ Nov 3 2008, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
James Wakelin the reporter?

Yes - Rebecca agreed to move to Melbourne if James could get a job too.
Tranquility | Forum Moderator and The Spy Report Editor
Media Spy | tranquility@mediaspy.org | mediaspy.org

OFFLINE   Splashmo #32

• 11,390 posts since
  • February 2005

Posted 03 November 2008 - 06:49 PM

Bec's a genuinely very nice person, so that's great. Looking forward to having her back, though Belinda is settling in well.

OFFLINE   mediamolly #33

• 43 posts since
  • May 2008

Posted 03 November 2008 - 08:03 PM

Adelaide's Cory Wingard does a brilliant job at presenting the sport here on ch10, if only they would get rid of Mark Aston so that he could present full-time that would be great.

OFFLINE   Splashmo #34

• 11,390 posts since
  • February 2005

Posted 03 November 2008 - 08:05 PM

QUOTE (mediamolly @ Nov 3 2008, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Adelaide's Cory Wingard does a brilliant job at presenting the sport here on ch10, if only they would get rid of Mark Aston so that he could present full-time that would be great.

Blasphemy! Mark Aiston is a champion, there's no other presenter like him.

OFFLINE   Marso #35

• 50 posts since
  • October 2008

Posted 03 November 2008 - 09:25 PM

Did anyone else see Catherine Kennedy do the weather tonight? Um why do Ch10 insist on sending their people out in hurricanes to do the weather? It's hilarious to watch them try not to be blown away. Although anytime I see Tim Bailey in an uncomfortable position I secretly love it mischievous.gif hehehe That being said, I don't mind Catherine but doing the weather and ad-libbing does not suit her at all! I think she just looks a bit awkward.

Edited by Marso, 04 November 2008 - 11:43 AM.

OFFLINE   jojo #36

• 222 posts since
  • September 2008

Posted 04 November 2008 - 12:53 AM

QUOTE (Nimeton @ Nov 3 2008, 07:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Congratulations to Rebecca Morse and James Waklin who have just delivered their second kid. They showed some footage at the end of tonight's news.

congrats:)

[Guest] schemmalie #37

• --

Posted 05 November 2008 - 09:20 AM

QUOTE (Marso @ Nov 2 2008, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I definitely agree.there's something wise and powerful about her, she's a total act of class, but also comes across as an incredibly strong woman, and intellegent.

Somehow, I don't know how, it seems her knowledge, travels and studies really come through in her presentation..she's not just reading the news, she is informing us, I realise she's just reading an autocue, but she appears to really know what she's talking about, it comes so naturally.

OFFLINE   The Sifon #38

• 5,722 posts since
  • December 2006

Posted 05 November 2008 - 09:53 AM

QUOTE (robsNEWS @ Nov 3 2008, 06:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's a stupid question on national tv that warrants a stupid response. smile.gif

Watch Sandra and Rob Canning. Now THAT is painful.

OFFLINE   fish #39

• 154 posts since
  • April 2007

Posted 05 November 2008 - 11:12 AM

QUOTE (The Sifon @ Nov 5 2008, 10:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's a stupid question on national tv that warrants a stupid response. smile.gif

Watch Sandra and Rob Canning. Now THAT is painful.

It wasn't a question but a rhetorical statement merely acknowledging how fast the year is going.
Hardly stupid at all.
Sandra is brilliant.

OFFLINE   jojo #40

• 222 posts since
  • September 2008

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:50 PM

QUOTE (schemmalie @ Nov 5 2008, 10:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I definitely agree.there's something wise and powerful about her, she's a total act of class, but also comes across as an incredibly strong woman, and intellegent.

Somehow, I don't know how, it seems her knowledge, travels and studies really come through in her presentation..she's not just reading the news, she is informing us, I realise she's just reading an autocue, but she appears to really know what she's talking about, it comes so naturally.

totally agree..i also love the fact she can lighten up at the right times through out the bulletin to interact with ron and brad. shes brillant cheerful.gif