Ten Eyewitness News Content and Appearance

• Please log in to reply
8196 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   News Knob #21

• 34 posts since
  • May 2006

Posted 31 October 2008 - 07:44 AM

QUOTE (Lepatron @ Oct 29 2008, 06:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The current Ten News set is only temporary. They are building a new set, which is why all bulletins are sharing a studio at the moment, so they have room to build the new set.

Where did you hear this? I don't believe they would spend that much money on a temporary set.........I do know that there is a lounge set off to the side of the news set, but that was put in with the other one. They are yet to use it. Ten Sydney only has 2 studios (not including a tiny box they call Studio 3), there is no where else the news set could go!

OFFLINE   TGIF #22

• 11,470 posts since
  • October 2006

Posted 02 November 2008 - 04:35 PM

Having watched a bit of Ten News lately I've decided I quite like their style. Everything - set, graphics, tone of reporting - seems about right and strikes a reasoonable balance between attracting audiences and covering "real news". They're certainly better than Seven or Nine.

OFFLINE   Media Munger #23

• 3,270 posts since
  • June 2006

Posted 02 November 2008 - 05:38 PM

Yeah, I quite like watcing the 5pm news if I get home early enough some days and usually tune in for the Late News and Sports Tonight. Love watching how cringe-worthy the banter between Sandra Sully and Brad McEwan.

OFFLINE   TGIF #24

• 11,470 posts since
  • October 2006

Posted 02 November 2008 - 05:56 PM

Their sexual tension is almost better than Tony Jones' customary lean to the camera.

[Guest] schemmalie #25

• --

Posted 02 November 2008 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE (TGIF @ Nov 2 2008, 06:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Their sexual tension is almost better than Tony Jones' customary lean to the camera.

Haha id be interested to find out the ratings for ten late news; if there's a drastic increase at about 11:10 as they're winding up:p (sandra n brads chatter)

OFFLINE   fish #26

• 154 posts since
  • April 2007

Posted 03 November 2008 - 08:15 AM

QUOTE (ATNI @ Nov 2 2008, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, I quite like watcing the 5pm news if I get home early enough some days and usually tune in for the Late News and Sports Tonight. Love watching how cringe-worthy the banter between Sandra Sully and Brad McEwan.

What's the big deal with their banter?
No one seems to mind if Karl and Lisa, Mel and Kochie etc etc get on, Chris Bath and the sports guys..???
This has really been blown way out of proportion.
Maybe it's just the way people react to Sandra ie always curious about her.

OFFLINE   Reuder7 #27

• 20,038 posts since
  • February 2005

Posted 03 November 2008 - 08:20 AM

QUOTE (fish @ Nov 3 2008, 09:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No one seems to mind if Karl and Lisa, Mel and Kochie etc etc get on, Chris Bath and the sports guys..???

Natural or even scripted banter that comes of natural is fine, but the interaction between Sandra and Brad is so obviously forced and stunted that it's painful to watch.

OFFLINE   Mike #28

• 18,526 posts since
  • January 2006

Posted 03 November 2008 - 08:38 AM

QUOTE (Reuder7 @ Nov 3 2008, 09:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Natural or even scripted banter that comes of natural is fine, but the interaction between Sandra and Brad is so obviously forced and stunted that it's painful to watch.

I thought that was the joke, they pretend to be uncomfortable and such.

OFFLINE   Reuder7 #29

• 20,038 posts since
  • February 2005

Posted 03 November 2008 - 08:40 AM

QUOTE (Mike 360 @ Nov 3 2008, 09:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why would you pretend night after night?

OFFLINE   Mike #30

• 18,526 posts since
  • January 2006

Posted 03 November 2008 - 08:42 AM

QUOTE (Reuder7 @ Nov 3 2008, 09:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why would you pretend night after night?

...I find it humorous. It's only for a minute or so.

OFFLINE   fish #31

• 154 posts since
  • April 2007

Posted 03 November 2008 - 09:50 AM

QUOTE (Mike 360 @ Nov 3 2008, 09:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hear, hear. If anything Brad sometimes looks uncomfortable...he's not James from Sky that's for sure, but still I hardly think it's a stunt or scripted.
Banter is banter, it looks like they get on well.

OFFLINE   Media Munger #32

• 3,270 posts since
  • June 2006

Posted 03 November 2008 - 10:50 AM

QUOTE (fish @ Nov 3 2008, 09:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I never said there was nything wrong with it. I love watching it. I just think it's cringe-worthy how they talk to each other. I find it hilarious!

OFFLINE   fish #33

• 154 posts since
  • April 2007

Posted 03 November 2008 - 12:35 PM

QUOTE (ATNI @ Nov 3 2008, 11:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I never said there was nything wrong with it. I love watching it. I just think it's cringe-worthy how they talk to each other. I find it hilarious!

Okay, you are entitled to your opinion and it seems other agree, but I feel it all comes from Brad. He is not your normal sports guy, although I do like him. It's nice to see someone a little different and not conventional.

OFFLINE   Splashmo #34

• 11,390 posts since
  • February 2005

Posted 03 November 2008 - 12:36 PM

Any more talk about Brad should continue in the Ten News - Presenters and Reporters thread. Thanks.

OFFLINE   Splashmo #35

• 11,390 posts since
  • February 2005

Posted 03 November 2008 - 05:34 PM

Wow - new weather graphics tonight.

Just the national/state temperatures. On the national maps some of the names and numbers were mushed together.

OFFLINE   TV_Expert #36

• 8,407 posts since
  • August 2004

Posted 03 November 2008 - 05:41 PM

QUOTE (Splashmo @ Nov 3 2008, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow - new weather graphics tonight.

Just the national/state temperatures. On the national maps some of the names and numbers were mushed together.

This probably applies for Adelaide & Melbourne only.

I didn't watch Ten News Sydney tonight, but to anyone in Sydney/NSW/ACT who watched tonight's 5pm bulletin, has their weather graphics been updated or are we still behind the times compared to Melbourne/Adelaide? unsure.gif
TV_Expert - Now clocked 1,500 posts & still counting!

OFFLINE   Super Simpsons #37

• 4,559 posts since
  • July 2004

Posted 03 November 2008 - 05:46 PM

QUOTE (TV_Expert @ Nov 3 2008, 06:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This probably applies for Adelaide & Melbourne only.

I didn't watch Ten News Sydney tonight, but to anyone in Sydney/NSW/ACT who watched tonight's 5pm bulletin, has their weather graphics been updated or are we still behind the times compared to Melbourne/Adelaide? unsure.gif

We're still stuck with the same old graphics.

OFFLINE   Nimeton #38

• 900 posts since
  • December 2002

Posted 03 November 2008 - 06:29 PM

QUOTE (Super Simpsons @ Nov 3 2008, 06:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We're still stuck with the same old graphics.

You're not missing much. The Adelaide graphics are now a mish-mash of three different styles again and while the new graphics look nice the overall package is horrible.

OFFLINE   bris_viewer #39

• 1 posts since
  • October 2008

Posted 03 November 2008 - 11:24 PM

What is that segment right at the end of Ten News (Brisbane) on a Friday night ??

Wow.... what they try and pass off as news these days...........

[Guest] schemmalie #40

• --

Posted 05 November 2008 - 09:06 AM

QUOTE (bris_viewer @ Nov 3 2008, 11:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What is that segment right at the end of Ten News (Brisbane) on a Friday night ??

Wow.... what they try and pass off as news these days...........

I didnt see brissy news, but you're right, news bulletins are fast becoming current affairs show aren't they. I thought that of ten morning (11am) news..haven't watched it since tarsh went on maternity leave, but there was "special investigations' presented like TT/aca segments,and "entertainment reports", stuff previously used for a short segment at the very end of the news as they close is now being used as feature stories......

I noticed someone posting about ten news' music...I loved the old music...it was fabulous so loud and powerful and intense...its been toned down and mellowed (sp?) out too much for my liking...it used to make a real statement.
I don't like how ten late news begins, with the presenter just appearing, its not very powerful...the old music, drumrolling, sandras powerful voice with the headlines coming first before sandra appeared made for a much stronger and intense statement.

Edited by schemmalie, 05 November 2008 - 09:27 AM.