My Kitchen Rules

• Please log in to reply
1612 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Mike Retter #1

• 3,433 posts since
  • May 2008

Posted 06 August 2009 - 10:06 PM

Masterchef worked so.... My Kitchen Tanked if I rememebr corectly in its second series. The brand means nothing. The concept will have to shoulder the resposibility of being a success. Sounds a little conviluted and rushed to me.

OFFLINE   Splashmo #2

• 11,390 posts since
  • February 2005

Posted 06 August 2009 - 10:07 PM

Masterchef worked so.... My Kitchen Tanked if I rememebr corectly in its second series. The brand means nothing. The concept will have to shoulder the resposibility of being a success. Sounds a little conviluted and rushed to me.

My Restaurant Rules did well on Thursday nights, but struggled on Sundays if I recall correctly. Either way, it'll always be popular in Adelaide after our restaurant won.

OFFLINE   Mr. J #3

• 9,177 posts since
  • January 2009

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:48 PM

the application ads have been on forever. i know they said they have had plenty of great applicants but i wonder if that is true? it is advertised quite frequently.

does anyone know any details on when production starts, it feels like they are cutting it fine if they haven't even got a cast yet and intend to air a full season before the end of ratings.

OFFLINE   Mike Retter #4

• 3,433 posts since
  • May 2008

Posted 10 September 2009 - 01:08 AM

It could be advertising as much as anything, implies a community involvement.

OFFLINE   seanie #5

• 2,444 posts since
  • July 2008

Posted 13 October 2009 - 11:34 AM

SO who are the future chef stars of the Seven Network's My Kitchen Rules? Mystery and delays surround the production of the reality television show, the network's answer to Ten's MasterChef Australia.

While Seven stalls on announcing the premiere date and the number of chefs (probably more than one) who'll lead the search for the best home-cooking team in the country, First Bite can reveal the names of several high-profile contenders who've auditioned but missed out, as well as three who are still in the running.

Among the former are Brent Savage of Sydney's Bentley Restaurant & Bar; Melbourne's Shane Delia of Maha and Tobie Puttock of Fifteen; and Brisbane's Alastair McLeod of Bretts Wharf.

Still in the running, we believe, are Manu Feildel of Manu at L'etoile in Sydney; Adrian Richardson of Melbourne's La Luna; and Pete Evans of Hugos restaurant and catering group in Sydney.

A spokesman for the telegenic Evans said yesterday he "hadn't yet heard either way". My Kitchen Rules was originally slated to launch in September. One source says the network is spending millions on the show in an attempt to match the success of MasterChef.

http://www.theaustra...2-14440,00.html

Sounds like they're trying to get it right, as apposed to rushing it to air. But if it is purely mimicking MasterChef's success I think audiences will see right through it and it will fail miserably.

Edited by seanie, 13 October 2009 - 11:54 AM.

OFFLINE   go_russ_go #6

• 1,019 posts since
  • January 2004

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:21 AM

Still being delayed. 7 haven't started post production and can't even settle on staff. Looks like editing won't begin for another month. Editing happening at a post-production facility in North Sydney which is also causing problems as there is zero parking there.

OFFLINE   Mr. J #7

• 9,177 posts since
  • January 2009

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:25 AM

Still being delayed. 7 haven't started post production and can't even settle on staff. Looks like editing won't begin for another month. Editing happening at a post-production facility in North Sydney which is also causing problems as there is zero parking there.

post production? have it even started production?

OFFLINE   Mystery Man #8

• 1 posts since
  • October 2009

Posted 26 October 2009 - 11:06 PM

post production? have it even started production?

Well, a bit of insider Goss! My Kitchen Rules team have already finished shooting the Sydney finalists! From what has been said is that there is a Old couple, Bimbo's, Gay couple, Young couple and Two Hippies. The male from the young couple is a Cleo bachelor and ever one else is unknown!

OFFLINE   Mike Retter #9

• 3,433 posts since
  • May 2008

Posted 26 October 2009 - 11:34 PM

HAHAHA!!!! Nice PR Mysteryman!

OFFLINE   Reuder7 #10

• 20,010 posts since
  • February 2005

Posted 26 October 2009 - 11:38 PM

Well, a bit of insider Goss! My Kitchen Rules team have already finished shooting the Sydney finalists! From what has been said is that there is a Old couple, Bimbo's, Gay couple, Young couple and Two Hippies. The male from the young couple is a Cleo bachelor and ever one else is unknown!

Does the concept work, is it fun, engaging, a total flop and bore?

OFFLINE   mowarz #11

• 2,053 posts since
  • September 2004

Posted 27 October 2009 - 12:12 AM

my kitchen rules will have to be its own thing and not try to emulate others
but given nine's cook off - this show needs to debut at the right time
or i smell a failure

OFFLINE   TGIF #12

• 11,470 posts since
  • October 2006

Posted 10 November 2009 - 10:02 AM

PETER EVANS AND MANU FEILDEL TO JUDGE MY KITCHEN RULES
Renowned executive chefs Peter Evans and Manu Feildel will be dishing out their expert advice to a new crop of culinary apprentices in My Kitchen Rules, which premieres on Channel 7 in 2010.
The My Kitchen Rules’ judges are respected, talented and successful restaurateurs and chefs who are passionate about food. With a palate for fine food, they’ll be critiquing every dish served up with a view to helping each team improve their culinary skills.
My Kitchen Rules - an original Seven production from the makers of My Restaurant Rules - will search the country to find the best home cooks who can successfully transform regular Aussie homes into instant restaurants for one pressure-cooker night.
The teams-of-two will do battle from the comfort of a home kitchen, bringing not only their enthusiasm and gusto for food, but an array of unique and local produce that Peter and Manu are excited to be tasting and exploring as they travel around the country.
Peter says, “To be honest with you I love people’s home cooking; that excites me more than restaurant meals sometimes. Y ou can taste people’ s passion when they’ re cooking for you in their own homes.”
Manu adds, “Cooking is only a part of the dinner. Designing the menu is just as important so I hope they use all the great local seasonal ingredients around them.”
The best teams will move forward to the My Kitchen Rules finals in which they’ll compete in a custom-designed restaurant space. The top two teams will battle it out as they each serve up their best three course meal to a full restaurant.

OFFLINE   Aslan #13

• 1,950 posts since
  • December 2007

Posted 10 November 2009 - 10:23 AM

I wonder if Manu is now contracted solely to Seven or can appear on other networks. He is absolutely hilarious of Ready Steady Cook and I hope he continues to appear on the show.
Do that sexy thing you do with your tongue. Yeah. Talk intelligently and at length. Reow

OFFLINE   Rus92 #14

• 1,426 posts since
  • January 2009

Posted 01 December 2009 - 09:35 PM

handy little teaser ad just aired. Showed a nice little suburban house, then a sign was hammered into the front lawn saying 'Restaurant Opening Here Soon' with '7' underneath. Very discreet

OFFLINE   turdall #15

• 9,319 posts since
  • March 2008

Posted 03 December 2009 - 08:57 PM

I am torn whether this one will rate or not. I don't think its going to be that strong as this concept hasn't worked in the past but if I am around, which is doubtful, I will give it a go.

OFFLINE   Reuder7 #16

• 20,010 posts since
  • February 2005

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:03 PM

I am torn whether this one will rate or not. I don't think its going to be that strong as this concept hasn't worked in the past but if I am around, which is doubtful, I will give it a go.

I absolutely loved My Resturant Rules. I don't see why they didn't return that, how does this new concept even work?

OFFLINE   hunzinator #17

• 2 posts since
  • November 2009

Posted 04 December 2009 - 08:55 PM

yes, here'some more goss.....aparently two teams from each State including 'a cop and lawyer' from the Sydney hills district, an older couple from the central coast, a team of young 'sugarbabes' and a team of two guys. Finale on 20 Decemeber.

OFFLINE   antzzz #18

• 2,091 posts since
  • December 2003

Posted 05 December 2009 - 01:49 PM

Apparently they're also going to do a few specials visiting homes of ex contestants from MRR.
Do you like Australian grown grapes?
If so, how would you rather purchase fresh grapes from a supermarket? Vote Now!

OFFLINE   Reuder7 #19

• 20,010 posts since
  • February 2005

Posted 05 December 2009 - 02:26 PM

yes, here'some more goss.....aparently two teams from each State including 'a cop and lawyer' from the Sydney hills district, an older couple from the central coast, a team of young 'sugarbabes' and a team of two guys. Finale on 20 Decemeber.

Who is the host?

OFFLINE   hunzinator #20

• 2 posts since
  • November 2009

Posted 05 December 2009 - 11:39 PM

Who is the host?

If he was anything like the pilot host then it's all good... NOT!!