7TWO

• Please log in to reply
1983 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   thesundoesnotspit #1741

• 90 posts since
  • October 2009

Posted 30 November 2011 - 08:30 PM

For anyone interested, 7 TWO have just started re-screening one of the great American dramas,Six Feet Under,starting from the very first episode.It screens late at night-about 11 pm,and it looks like it's going to run from Monday nights through to Thursday nights each week.

OFFLINE   TelevisionAU #1742

• Forum Administrator

• 11,430 posts since
  • November 2005

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:09 PM

Why doesn't 7 show some of Australian shows from the past
Like homicide - hey dad - cop shop - a country practice - kingswood country just to mention a few
Would it be a good idea or should all these be left never to return?

One has to wonder that if they don't directly own the rights to the shows, whether theirs still licensing involved.
Stuff Pre-80s probably wasn't archived completely either.

For instance WIN - which bought Crawford Productions - now owns the back catalogue of Crawford titles and have been playing them on WIN at 3am so that would probably rule Seven out of accessing those.

I don't think Seven have the rights to Hey Dad! anymore either. Ten picked up the re-run rights at one stage but I don't think they ever played the series in its entirety. No idea who owns the rights now.

I don't quite understand how it works but there is also the issue of having to pay royalties to the actors although earlier productions didn't make provision for such things but if they are owed then I guess that creates some administrative overhead that jacks up the price of showing them. But like I said I don't really get how it works.

But I guess that's why US and UK content rules the digital channels because they are cheaper and still bring in the ad dollars.

And as Squee said, unfortunately anything really before the '80s you'd be lucky to find a complete archive of any series except perhaps the Crawfords stuff.

OFFLINE   Reuder7 #1743

• 20,038 posts since
  • February 2005

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:21 PM

I don't quite understand how it works but there is also the issue of having to pay royalties to the actors although earlier productions didn't make provision for such things but if they are owed then I guess that creates some administrative overhead that jacks up the price of showing them. But like I said I don't really get how it works.

You're totally right. I remember reading something about the early Home and Away episodes and that that sort of 'royalty' situation was the main problem to rebroadcasting them.

ONLINE   TV_Expert #1744

• 8,408 posts since
  • August 2004

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:26 PM

According to their Advance Guide for the week commencing 18th December, The Bill will not be shown next Thursday (22nd December), as a Christmas movie, "Recipe for a Perfect Christmas", is scheduled to air in its place from 8:30 to 10:20pm.

Edited by TV_Expert, 12 December 2011 - 10:28 PM.

TV_Expert - Now clocked 1,500 posts & still counting!

ONLINE   TV_Expert #1745

• 8,408 posts since
  • August 2004

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:57 PM

According to an on-air promo during an ad-break of The Bill, SeaChange, another ex-ABC program, will be airing on 7TWO in 2012.

During prime-time, It seems that 7TWO is the channel where former ABC programs (eg. Doc Martin, The Bill, Taggart, SeaChange) end up.

OFFLINE   BJT #1746

• 3,659 posts since
  • February 2008

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:54 PM

Yes they are now showing promos for SeaChange.... good to see some old Aussie drama on the channel.
This channel has become (ABC 1999)

OFFLINE   Mr. J #1747

• 9,312 posts since
  • January 2009

Posted 27 December 2011 - 03:25 PM

There is a 2012 ident airing. Looks like there will be some more local lifestyle and factual shows.

OFFLINE   BJT #1748

• 3,659 posts since
  • February 2008

Posted 27 December 2011 - 03:57 PM

Yeah I think we will see more local content next year on 7two...
Some ideas I would like to see is a Morning Children's /Cartoon Show 7-9am and more local Lifestyle/Travel Shows on a Sunday Night.

ONLINE   TV_Expert #1749

• 8,408 posts since
  • August 2004

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:43 PM

According to an on-air promo during an ad-break of The Bill, yet another ex-ABC program, The Worst Week of My Life, will be airing on 7TWO in 2012.

OFFLINE   ShadowDan #1750

• 751 posts since
  • November 2009

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:27 AM

It's definetly becoming the home of ex-aunty shows.
Which is good for me in a way I have never seen these shows. That said, I do like the fact we will some original content on this channel next year. Definetly need to do something about their arvo midday lineup though. Ghost Whisperer? Really?

OFFLINE   cmo #1751

• 6,098 posts since
  • March 2007

Posted 28 December 2011 - 07:23 PM

Ghost Whisperer is better than 90% of the shit dished up on this channel. Absoultely nothing on it interests me. It is a terrible channel. BUt yeh again proof positive that audiences lap up the bullshit that Seven serves them. Its on Seven so it must be good. Stupid mentality by the idiot viewers out there.

OFFLINE   Granty #1752

• 233 posts since
  • September 2011

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:03 PM

7Two is great. I enjoy watching all the Britcoms I didn't understand as a kid, am loving The Bill and will be good to watch SeaChange again in the new year. IMO the best digital channel and has evolved very well!

OFFLINE   Matlock #1753

• News Contributor

• 6,173 posts since
  • September 2011

Posted 28 December 2011 - 09:16 PM

Ghost Whisperer is better than 90% of the shit dished up on this channel. Absoultely nothing on it interests me. It is a terrible channel. BUt yeh again proof positive that audiences lap up the bullshit that Seven serves them. Its on Seven so it must be good. Stupid mentality by the idiot viewers out there.

Once again, I must stress than unlike Nine's glory days when there were compulsive 'Still the One' viewers, Seven's run at Number 1 still hasn't cemented it with the "Its on Seven so it must be good" mentality. Alot of shows (Wild Boys being an example) on 7 fail to fire at all.

7TWO gets viewers because older viewers flock in droves- half of the nursing homes in the countries are tuned into 7TWO. I never go near it, nor do I go near GEM. They don't interest me at all.

OFFLINE   cmo #1754

• 6,098 posts since
  • March 2007

Posted 28 December 2011 - 09:30 PM

They might not have watched wild boys but they will watch four weddings and other tripe that seven show. You are obsessed with them not being a default channel but I argue they are. Who would watch seven for any of their show apart from the few main ones that are decent (eg amazing race, pttr, the tennis). That's about all I watch on seven. Any of their American content is downloadable. So whilst I and many other avoid the network like the plague the vast majority watch the crappy channel and thei crappy British offshoot.

OFFLINE   InTheWild #1755

• 4,268 posts since
  • March 2008

Posted 28 December 2011 - 09:39 PM

7Two is great. I enjoy watching all the Britcoms I didn't understand as a kid, am loving The Bill and will be good to watch SeaChange again in the new year. IMO the best digital channel and has evolved very well!

Agree. As a 22 year old male 7TWO is brilliant. I love good, classic British comedy and drama. They do TV right. It is all brilliant. Ironically, have not tuned into 7mate since it launched and nothing on it interests me.... Hardcore Pawn??? Oh please.

OFFLINE   Reuder7 #1756

• 20,038 posts since
  • February 2005

Posted 28 December 2011 - 09:42 PM

Agree. As a 22 year old male 7TWO is brilliant. I love good, classic British comedy and drama. They do TV right. It is all brilliant. Ironically, have not tuned into 7mate since it launched and nothing on it interests me.... Hardcore Pawn??? Oh please.

They might not have watched wild boys but they will watch four weddings and other tripe that seven show. You are obsessed with them not being a default channel but I argue they are. Who would watch seven for any of their show apart from the few main ones that are decent (eg amazing race, pttr, the tennis). That's about all I watch on seven. Any of their American content is downloadable. So whilst I and many other avoid the network like the plague the vast majority watch the crappy channel and thei crappy British offshoot.

Once again, I must stress than unlike Nine's glory days when there were compulsive 'Still the One' viewers, Seven's run at Number 1 still hasn't cemented it with the "Its on Seven so it must be good" mentality. Alot of shows (Wild Boys being an example) on 7 fail to fire at all.

7TWO gets viewers because older viewers flock in droves- half of the nursing homes in the countries are tuned into 7TWO. I never go near it, nor do I go near GEM. They don't interest me at all.

See, everyone is different. Multichannel choice is a wonderful thing, bar the lack of high definition content. :angry:

OFFLINE   Matlock #1757

• News Contributor

• 6,173 posts since
  • September 2011

Posted 28 December 2011 - 09:58 PM

Thats where we all have common ground.

OFFLINE   i_luv_delta3 #1758

• 15 posts since
  • April 2007

Posted 30 December 2011 - 12:46 PM

What has happened to Coronation Street?!?!?!? I have watched the show religiously since 7two began, so 2 or more years!!! every single day! The have shown shows beginning circa 2002 and now up to 2004, and we are seeing the show at its best. the most iconic storylines and characters. we are currently watching one of their most famoys storylines ever, and today had the biggest cliffhanger and i go to record next week and its gone!

7two have changed their whole morning schedule, and then there are huge gaps in their EPG and lots of tennis.
anyone know if its coming back??? new timeslot?

i know i sound crazy, but when u have watched literally every episode every day for 2 years of your life, it becomes a big deal haha

OFFLINE   Granty #1759

• 233 posts since
  • September 2011

Posted 30 December 2011 - 12:54 PM

What has happened to Coronation Street?!?!?!? I have watched the show religiously since 7two began, so 2 or more years!!! every single day! The have shown shows beginning circa 2002 and now up to 2004, and we are seeing the show at its best. the most iconic storylines and characters. we are currently watching one of their most famoys storylines ever, and today had the biggest cliffhanger and i go to record next week and its gone!

7two have changed their whole morning schedule, and then there are huge gaps in their EPG and lots of tennis.
anyone know if its coming back??? new timeslot?

i know i sound crazy, but when u have watched literally every episode every day for 2 years of your life, it becomes a big deal haha

I really enjoy Cori it had better return!!!

OFFLINE   TelevisionAU #1760

• Forum Administrator

• 11,430 posts since
  • November 2005

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:36 PM

I expect it will be back after the tennis