Hungry Beast

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
71 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Reuder7 #61

• 20,030 posts since
  • February 2005

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:46 AM

I haven't bothered watching this year. I only liked the humour in this show and when they declared that most of the humour was out and there was more current affairs then I had no interest.

I actually like the new format. I think it's engaging, a very well put together considering their budget. What 'funny' bits of the show are you missing?

OFFLINE   SKaVeN #62

• 1,570 posts since
  • January 2005

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:08 PM

Yeah, I don't mind the newer look. It's basically the same only with less "funny bits", a lot of which weren't very funny anyway. At least they got rid of that stupid weekly skit of that girl being the hard-hitting current affairs always ending in a bikini plugging faux sponsors. That was pretty weak.
There are three types of people in this world; those who can count, & those who can't.

ONLINE   J Bar #63

• 14,717 posts since
  • May 2006

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:10 PM

I actually like the new format. I think it's engaging, a very well put together considering their budget. What 'funny' bits of the show are you missing?

They was a lot of satirical stuff in the first two. I haven't seen any of it this year, so I don't whether all the satire is gone from the program or most of it.

I'm only going on what the reviewers have said, so I haven't bothered watching. In fact, I haven't watched much television in prime time at all this year. The networks aren't offering much of anything I want to watch.

Edited by J Bar, 08 April 2011 - 12:14 PM.

J Bar

OFFLINE   Racer25 #64

• News Contributor

• 4,493 posts since
  • September 2008

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:06 PM

Haven't watched this program in quite a while, but I'm glad I stuck around after 'Angry Boys' to check it out tonight. Interesting episode, especially in relation to Hazelwood.

OFFLINE   Blue Mountains #65

• 3,250 posts since
  • October 2004

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:09 PM

Haven't watched this program in quite a while, but I'm glad I stuck around after 'Angry Boys' to check it out tonight. Interesting episode, especially in relation to Hazelwood.

I agree, the Wind Turbine and Prison Rape stories was also excellent journalism (though i do wish the format was like the previous season)
Lies to tell small kids: milk feels pain

OFFLINE   SKaVeN #66

• 1,570 posts since
  • January 2005

Posted 12 May 2011 - 01:00 PM

The only thing that let's it down slightly is the on-going skits. I'm not saying they shouldn't be there because they should. they're just not up to the same standard as the rest of the programme.
There are three types of people in this world; those who can count, & those who can't.

OFFLINE   Mike Retter #67

• 3,433 posts since
  • May 2008

Posted 12 May 2011 - 01:08 PM

it is surprisingly good.

OFFLINE   tamago_otoko #68

• Retired Senior Moderator

• 5,276 posts since
  • August 2007

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:19 AM

The only thing that let's it down slightly is the on-going skits. I'm not saying they shouldn't be there because they should. they're just not up to the same standard as the rest of the programme.

Agreed. The current affairs stories were excellent, I'm glad I watched them, but I didn't get the skits in between. Unfunny and out of place, but otherwise a great show :thumbsup:
tamago_otoko
Media Spy Moderator
tamago_otoko@mediaspy.org

OFFLINE   TJ. #69

• Site Administrator

• 10,723 posts since
  • June 2007

Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:36 PM

TSR: ABC axes Hungry Beast despite Walkley win

Here is a rundown of where the 19 Hungry Beast alumni are today:

Aaron Smith - Director, LA Noire, Team Bondi. Shooter/Director Yes, We Canberra. Video Journalist, Country Town Rescue, Zapruder’s other films. Series Director, Myf Warhurst's Nice, ABC1.

Scott Mitchell - Associate Producer, Insight, SBS.

Lewis Hobba - Director, Granada Television. Director/Producer, The Comedy Channel.
Summer Drive Presenter, triple j radio.

Monique Schafter - Social Media Co-ordinator, Can of Worms. Columnist, Star Observer.

Elmo Keep - freelance writer and journalist, Fairfax, The Big Issue, Meanjin, Rock's Back Page. The Drum. Digital media producer, Zapruder's other films.

Nick Hayden - writer/director, comedy series The Great Crusade (starring Phil Lloyd). Writer/director/actor, New Zealand tourism commission campaign for Qantas. Writer/producer/presenter, Coming Sooner.

Chris Leben – Creator/Actor of the web series People You May Know, with Stephanie Bendixsen (Hex). Developing a show for Mushroom Pictures with Tom Ballard.

Nicholas McDougall - Editor/Writer/Actor, New Zealand tourism commission campaign for Qantas. Writer/Producer/Presenter, Coming Sooner. Editor, Country Town Rescue, Zapruder’s other films.

Kirk Docker - Freelance Digital Content Producer (corporate, various). Formerly Producer, Fairfax Media online.

Patrick Clair - motion graphics artist, Yes, We Canberra and Can of Worms. Motion Graphics Artist, Ubisoft, Montreal. Winner, Realise Your Dream British Council grant.

Dan Ilic - Tropfest Finalist. Field reporter, Can of Worms. Reported for The Punch and Fairfax about Forces Entertainment tour to Afghanistan.

Marc Fennell - Author, That Movie Book. Film critic, Triple J. Regular guest, The Circle, Channel Ten. Host Download This Show, ABC Radio National (2012).

Veronica Milsom – Summer Drive Presenter, triple j radio. Regular appearance on The Project, Channel Ten. Cast, Balls of Steel Australia, The Comedy Channel.

Kirsten Drysdale - Researcher, Gruen Transfer. Researcher, Cordell Jigsaw Productions.

Luke Harris - VFX Producing and Animation, Cordell Jigsaw Productions. Freelance Motion Graphics Designer.

Keiran Ricketts - Producer, ABC News 24.

Daniel Keogh - Science reporter. Stories have appeared on ABC TV's Catalyst, Radio National's Health Report and Channel Seven's Morning Show.

Jessicah Mendes - Producer, ABC News Radio.

Ali Russell - producer, Sunday Night, Channel 7

OFFLINE   Mike Retter #70

• 3,433 posts since
  • May 2008

Posted 30 November 2011 - 06:12 PM

I hope Zaptruder produce something just as edgy if not EDGIER. There is certainly a hole in the schedule since HB finished and was subsequently not renewed.

OFFLINE   Saz78 #71

• 116 posts since
  • February 2012

Posted 18 February 2012 - 07:58 AM

when is this back? have they comissioned a new series?

ONLINE   J Bar #72

• 14,717 posts since
  • May 2006

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:05 AM

No the have not and probably will not. Andrew Denton is working on a new project called Randling.
J Bar