Post changes to Seven's on air presentation here
tamago_otoko
Media Spy Moderator
tamago_otoko@mediaspy.org

OFFLINE   routemarker #2

• 5,353 posts since
  • July 2004

Posted 15 October 2009 - 09:15 AM

If no changes happen soon, this thread is going to disappear and somone is probably going to make another thread. Maybe pin...
You're going nowhere fast, like a moose without legs; tied to a truck with no petrol!

OFFLINE   tamago_otoko #3

• Retired Senior Moderator

• 5,286 posts since
  • August 2007

Posted 15 October 2009 - 09:44 AM

The link on the forum index is there, so it is always locatable. However, your wish is granted
tamago_otoko
Media Spy Moderator
tamago_otoko@mediaspy.org

OFFLINE   -David- #4

• 3,982 posts since
  • September 2008

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:51 AM

If the last few years are anything to go by then Seven are due for a relaunch this Sunday. They did last year on the 12th of October which was a Monday this year so it should be tomorrow. (If history is anything to go by). But they could just wait until next year to relaunch the news at the same time. But there is a special report on Seven News on Sunday (special reports are usually Mondays, hmmm). It does give them all day Sunday to get ready if they do decide to relaunch.

Sorry for the rambling lol back to my point. Presentation relaunch possibility tomorrow. Haha. :tapedshut:

Ten News

Wake Up || Studio 10 || Ten News at Five || The Project || Ten Late News || The Bolt Report || Meet the Press

OFFLINE   Leostar #5

• 4,768 posts since
  • December 2007

Posted 17 October 2009 - 06:51 PM

Would be nice but I highly doubt it. I am thinking a whole new relaunch will happen with the news next year.

OFFLINE   Rus92 #6

• 1,428 posts since
  • January 2009

Posted 18 October 2009 - 12:54 AM

So we're thinkin a possible relaunch tonight ey? I hope so, it's long over do. Enough white slant, it's the simplest of ideas, and is so versatile but change is needed. I hope they do a better compilation ad as well, I want them to do one like the abc house ad in the US!
If it isn't tonight, then at the start of the new season or when the digital channel starts would be a good time

Edited by Rus92, 18 October 2009 - 12:55 AM.

OFFLINE   tess1988 #7

• 418 posts since
  • July 2009

Posted 18 October 2009 - 12:56 PM

So we're thinkin a possible relaunch tonight ey? I hope so, it's long over do. Enough white slant, it's the simplest of ideas, and is so versatile but change is needed. I hope they do a better compilation ad as well, I want them to do one like the abc house ad in the US!
If it isn't tonight, then at the start of the new season or when the digital channel starts would be a good time

i think the best time to do a re-lunch would be when they launch their new digital channel, thats if they try to give both networks the same look

OFFLINE   tv guy2 #8

• 3,943 posts since
  • November 2008

Posted 19 October 2009 - 10:18 AM

I guess the relaunch will be next year. The current on-air look is fine and allows them to adapt it to any theme basically.

Edited by tv guy2, 19 October 2009 - 10:18 AM.

OFFLINE   Aurora #9

• 2012 NRL Tipping Champion

• 6,006 posts since
  • February 2009

Posted 19 October 2009 - 10:31 AM

i think the best time to do a re-lunch would be ...

I think Leckie has enough in his lunches without going into re-lunches. :tongue:

Edited by cpandilo, 19 October 2009 - 10:33 AM.

Please note: any comments in posts made by myself are mine only and may apply only to the specific conditions and situations of the time of posting. Any opinions or comments expressed do not represent any organisation(s) which may have previously been or may currently be affiliated with myself in any way.

OFFLINE   Jimmy James #10

• 4,884 posts since
  • January 2005

Posted 19 October 2009 - 07:23 PM

LOL!
Words to live by...
Follow the RANT
TELEVISION RANT

OFFLINE   Smacca #11

• Forum Moderator

• 3,276 posts since
  • September 2005

Posted 19 October 2009 - 07:27 PM

The current on-air look is fine

:crazy:

OFFLINE   Ryan #12

• Senior Site Administrator

• 12,176 posts since
  • September 2005

Posted 23 October 2009 - 05:54 PM

Just throwing this out there.. Surely a good chance Seven will relaunch either on Sunday 1/11 or Tuesday 3/11.
Ryan

Site Administrator

ryan@mediaspy.org

OFFLINE   -David- #13

• 3,982 posts since
  • September 2008

Posted 23 October 2009 - 05:56 PM

You'd think they would on Sunday 1st, but they have implicated their current look into 7TWO so who knows really. I believe they should relaunch before Seven News does. Might throw some viewers off with a completely different Seven Network look all at once. (Appearance for both channels and News appearance)

Ten News

Wake Up || Studio 10 || Ten News at Five || The Project || Ten Late News || The Bolt Report || Meet the Press

OFFLINE   Moe #14

• 8,402 posts since
  • August 2004

Posted 24 October 2009 - 03:00 PM

I'm almost 30% sure that Seven Two will just be Seven's look with the slant in the other direction and a black background instead of white.

OFFLINE   Reuder7 #15

• 20,038 posts since
  • February 2005

Posted 24 October 2009 - 03:07 PM

I'm almost 30% sure that Seven Two will just be Seven's look with the slant in the other direction and a black background instead of white.

Only 30% sure? :) I wouldn't mind that, some glossiness or reflection would be nice, something like Eurokick's mock would be even better.

OFFLINE   tv guy2 #16

• 3,943 posts since
  • November 2008

Posted 24 October 2009 - 03:08 PM

I'm almost 30% sure that Seven Two will just be Seven's look with the slant in the other direction and a black background instead of white

So now they are asking all Australian's to tilt their heads the other way...

Edited by tv guy2, 24 October 2009 - 03:08 PM.

OFFLINE   Moe #17

• 8,402 posts since
  • August 2004

Posted 24 October 2009 - 03:20 PM

So now they are asking all Australian's to tilt their heads the other way...

They could use that Point of View song they had on their 2003 era One To Watch idents.

I'd like to see a mini colourbar return, you have Red, Green and Orange now, brand Seven News/Sport with a Yellow/Blue Seven logo and you have the old 5 colour Sevens again. Then you bring back the split Seven logo and then I start liking the network again.

OFFLINE   Mr. J #18

• 9,326 posts since
  • January 2009

Posted 24 October 2009 - 05:44 PM

i'd like to see in the popups; instead of NOW, NEXT, THEN to see NOW, NEXT, NOW ON 7TWO. since 7 seem to be linking up the 2 channels in many ways.

also would it be an idea for the "tonight on.." signpost to do it's usual thing then slide off for "and on 7two.." they'd only have to do it once per night preferably during the news. or atleast just for the first few weeks after 7two's launch.

OFFLINE   Aurora #19

• 2012 NRL Tipping Champion

• 6,006 posts since
  • February 2009

Posted 24 October 2009 - 09:53 PM

also would it be an idea for the "tonight on.." signpost to do it's usual thing then slide off for "and on 7two.."

Like what SBS does with SBS ONE and SBS TWO.

Then you bring back the split Seven logo

:o :o :o AFAIC, the split Seven should stay in the 90's! There's no way I could ever support that these days. I love the modern logo that Seven use currently and it should stay the same for years to come.

Edited by cpandilo, 24 October 2009 - 09:58 PM.

Please note: any comments in posts made by myself are mine only and may apply only to the specific conditions and situations of the time of posting. Any opinions or comments expressed do not represent any organisation(s) which may have previously been or may currently be affiliated with myself in any way.

OFFLINE   ADstv #20

• 1,562 posts since
  • March 2007

Posted 24 October 2009 - 11:54 PM

If they are going to promote the two channels together than would expect some minor changes to the on-air presentation, maybe get rid of the white slant and replace it with something similar that was shown on the 7TWO promo. Its time to go away from white.
[ads]tv 5 YEARS ... 2007-2012