tamago_otoko
Media Spy Moderator
tamago_otoko@mediaspy.org

OFFLINE   Lepatron #2

• Retired Admin

• 8,857 posts since
  • September 2002

Posted 11 October 2009 - 10:09 AM

It's a pity Seven couldn't get the national anthem right at the opening of Bathurst today.

Instead leaving the mics off for the two singers until half way through the anthem.
<strong class='bbc'>Lepatron</strong> | Deputy Chief Administrator<br /><br />Media Spy | lepatron@mediaspy.org | mediaspy.org

OFFLINE   Vekgib #3

• 442 posts since
  • September 2007

Posted 11 October 2009 - 07:23 PM

Another Bathurst telecast has come & gone and once again,the viewer was subjected to hour upon hour of Mark Skaife updates.
The Tander/davison car did'nt win today.It just finished 3 cars ahead of the Murphy/Skaife car.
Honestly,Matthew White is a paid-up member of the Mark Skaife fan club.The constant updates of what he's wearing,eating,when he's going to the toilet etc is just pathetic.
I might be Ford through and through but I respect and admire what Mark Skaife has achieved in his motorsport career and I find his commentary to be insightful and interesting.But Matty White has to accept that other drivers are out on the track as well.
Congrats to HRT on their win today.

OFFLINE   Splashmo #4

• 11,390 posts since
  • February 2005

Posted 03 November 2009 - 01:41 PM

Is that Zara Phillips with Bruce McAvaney? I just tuned in.

OFFLINE   Mr. J #5

• 9,189 posts since
  • January 2009

Posted 03 November 2009 - 01:56 PM

too much horses. i want to see more of the celebrities.

maybe in the future they can have double coverage. general coverage on 7 that show fasion, celebs, slow motion montages and when it comes to the horses only show the actual races. and then over on 7two have the serious business about the horses, racing conditions and odds for people that are interested in all that.

OFFLINE   tamago_otoko #6

• Retired Senior Moderator

• 5,272 posts since
  • August 2007

Posted 03 November 2009 - 01:57 PM

too much horses. i want to see more of the celebrities.

You get that sometimes, being cup day and all
tamago_otoko
Media Spy Moderator

OFFLINE   Leostar #7

• 4,655 posts since
  • December 2007

Posted 03 November 2009 - 02:01 PM

Haha. The Melbourne Cup is all about the horses. The celebs are just bonuses.

OFFLINE   Splashmo #8

• 11,390 posts since
  • February 2005

Posted 03 November 2009 - 02:13 PM

You'd be in the minority there Jerome. It'd be a sad day when the Melbourne Cup gets dumbed down to that point.

OFFLINE   Mike #9

• 18,439 posts since
  • January 2006

Posted 03 November 2009 - 02:23 PM

You'd be in the minority there Jerome. It'd be a sad day when the Melbourne Cup gets dumbed down to that point.

Still, its just horses running around, hardly something that desperately needs to be protected for going 'downmarket'.

OFFLINE   Reuder7 #10

• 20,013 posts since
  • February 2005

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:21 AM

How old is Seven's tennis package? Although there's nothing too wrong with it, a change for changes sake couldn't hurt. The box bracket [ ] elements have been around for yonks.

OFFLINE   abesty #11

• Media Vault Coordinator

• 8,199 posts since
  • May 2008

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:26 AM

How old is Seven's tennis package? Although there's nothing too wrong with it, a change for changes sake couldn't hurt. The box bracket [ ] elements have been around for yonks.

Yeah they are getting pretty old now, my guess they've been around for about 5 or 6 years.

OFFLINE   Aurora #12

• 2012 NRL Tipping Champion

• 5,923 posts since
  • February 2009

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:45 AM

I was thinking the same thing earlier this week. They've been around for at least six or seven years.

Please note: any comments in posts made by myself are mine only and may apply only to the specific conditions and situations of the time of posting. Any opinions or comments expressed do not represent any organisation(s) which may have previously been or may currently be affiliated with myself in any way.

OFFLINE   EuroKick #13

• 4,411 posts since
  • August 2003

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:33 PM

Introduced in 2003. They are very old.
STILL THE ORIGINAL AND THE BEST; MediaSpy

OFFLINE   The Sifon #14

• 5,639 posts since
  • December 2006

Posted 08 January 2010 - 04:54 PM

Same with the Seven Sport production ender. 2004?

OFFLINE   abesty #15

• 8,199 posts since
  • May 2008

Posted 08 January 2010 - 05:08 PM

Do you think they will ever update them? Maybe this will be the last year of the current graphics, but knowing seven, especially the news change takes a long time to occur these days.

OFFLINE   Aurora #16

• 2012 NRL Tipping Champion

• 5,923 posts since
  • February 2009

Posted 08 January 2010 - 05:09 PM

Same with the Seven Sport production ender. 2004?

To tell you the truth, I don't see any need for Seven to change their 7 Sport production ender. It's held up really well and they could just let it run for years to come.

Please note: any comments in posts made by myself are mine only and may apply only to the specific conditions and situations of the time of posting. Any opinions or comments expressed do not represent any organisation(s) which may have previously been or may currently be affiliated with myself in any way.

OFFLINE   abesty #17

• 8,199 posts since
  • May 2008

Posted 08 January 2010 - 05:22 PM

Here's Seven's Tennis opener in 2002 and 1992.

Edited by abesty, 08 January 2010 - 05:23 PM.

OFFLINE   Reuder7 #18

• 20,013 posts since
  • February 2005

Posted 08 January 2010 - 05:26 PM

Introduced in 2003. They are very old.

All they really need is a colour change. The orange all over is getting old.

OFFLINE   tamago_otoko #19

• Retired Senior Moderator

• 5,272 posts since
  • August 2007

Posted 09 January 2010 - 10:45 PM

Was there any particular reason why the final of the Brisbane International wasn't live tonight? I had it on while browsing only to stumble upon the result and ruin the rest of my viewing
tamago_otoko
Media Spy Moderator

OFFLINE   abesty #20

• 8,199 posts since
  • May 2008

Posted 10 January 2010 - 07:15 AM

Was there any particular reason why the final of the Brisbane International wasn't live tonight? I had it on while browsing only to stumble upon the result and ruin the rest of my viewing

That's what I thought that although the Brisbane night sessions were shown on delay they could have at least shown the final live, then it wouldn't have gone so late over time past midnight. But it seems that Brisbane and Sydney arnt considered important enough and "ratings material" compared to Australian Open (Melbourne).