tamago_otoko
Media Spy Moderator
tamago_otoko@mediaspy.org

OFFLINE   Smacca #2

• Forum Moderator

• 3,274 posts since
  • September 2005

Posted 12 October 2009 - 01:47 AM

STW's cover-up during yesterday's Caulfield Guineas.

Attached File  stw_wm_horse racing.jpg   62.38K   286 downloads

OFFLINE   jimbo #3

• 7,516 posts since
  • December 2007

Posted 12 October 2009 - 01:50 AM

god, why do the lines and nine logo need to be yellow? would look much better if they were white...

OFFLINE   Splashmo #4

• 11,390 posts since
  • February 2005

Posted 12 October 2009 - 10:07 AM

god, why do the lines and nine logo need to be yellow? would look much better if they were white...

I'm worried we'll have to put up with it for the next two Olympic Games.

OFFLINE   Moe #5

• 8,402 posts since
  • August 2004

Posted 12 October 2009 - 11:02 AM

The WIN one is much less obtrusive in comparison, though covering up a 9 logo with a 9 logo doesn't make any logical sense. Just say that the dots are part of the WWOS brand and not the Channel Nine Perth brand, and leave them go through.

OFFLINE   ADstv #6

• 1,553 posts since
  • March 2007

Posted 12 October 2009 - 07:21 PM

The worst coverup I hate. Why they don't copy the new WIN WWOS coverup is beyond me. Even NWS is better.
[ads]tv 5 YEARS ... 2007-2012

OFFLINE   Smacca #7

• Forum Moderator

• 3,274 posts since
  • September 2005

Posted 12 October 2009 - 07:23 PM

The worst coverup I hate. Why they don't copy the new WIN WWOS coverup is beyond me. Even NWS is better.

There's probably no point considering the Olympic cover-up is on its way.

OFFLINE   Mike #8

• 18,492 posts since
  • January 2006

Posted 12 October 2009 - 07:39 PM

Just to cover some balls, I sort of understand it for WIN, but not another Nine station.

OFFLINE   Smacca #9

• Forum Moderator

• 3,274 posts since
  • September 2005

Posted 12 October 2009 - 07:44 PM

Just to cover some balls, I sort of understand it for WIN, but not another Nine station.

I agree. I'm all for WIN keeping the stations independant if they want to. But why must they use half of the current Nine logo? It's like NBC Orlando only using 3 of the 6 peacock feathers because they're independant. It would look ridiculous. :crazy:

All they need to do is have "Perth" underneath the logo at all times to denote the difference between them and Nine over east. Simple.

Edited by Smacca, 12 October 2009 - 07:45 PM.

OFFLINE   Mike #10

• 18,492 posts since
  • January 2006

Posted 12 October 2009 - 08:04 PM

Either that or re-brand as WIN Perth. One or the other. Piss or get off the pot.

OFFLINE   Smacca #11

• Forum Moderator

• 3,274 posts since
  • September 2005

Posted 12 October 2009 - 08:14 PM

Either that or re-brand as WIN Perth. One or the other. Piss or get off the pot.

Yep, one or the other. It's not as if the Nine name has a successful history in Perth. I doubt many heads would roll if the name was to go.

Attached File  9adel9perth logos.jpg   26.79K   66 downloads

OFFLINE   macboy812 #12

• 31 posts since
  • July 2008

Posted 13 October 2009 - 03:53 PM

Yep, one or the other. It's not as if the Nine name has a successful history in Perth. I doubt many heads would roll if the name was to go.

Attached File  9adel9perth logos.jpg   26.79K   66 downloads

Why not have win etched into the dots/balls or on the bottom line of the 9. Or better still sell of the stations to PBL. The cover up NWS used for the Olympic ring cover up during the Rugby was absolutely atrocious
It's so ridiculous we have a weather update screen with the dots, the woolies market update contains the balls I don't get it. Why are they so obsessed with covering things up what would be wrong to blur and then paste over. I am no graphic artist but I'm sure all of this is possible

OFFLINE   Smacca #13

• Forum Moderator

• 3,274 posts since
  • September 2005

Posted 13 October 2009 - 04:05 PM

Why not have win etched into the dots/balls or on the bottom line of the 9. Or better still sell of the stations to PBL. The cover up NWS used for the Olympic ring cover up during the Rugby was absolutely atrocious
It's so ridiculous we have a weather update screen with the dots, the woolies market update contains the balls I don't get it. Why are they so obsessed with covering things up what would be wrong to blur and then paste over. I am no graphic artist but I'm sure all of this is possible

Nine Adelaide is yet to be centralised to Wollongong, so it's up to local Adelaide staff to do as WIN says and cover dotty. I guess they don't see the priority with it. Perth on the other hand is controlled directly by WIN, so dotty never creeps through. Ahh, what a magical world we live in. :P

OFFLINE   Splashmo #14

• 11,390 posts since
  • February 2005

Posted 13 October 2009 - 06:59 PM

Nine Adelaide is yet to be centralised to Wollongong, so it's up to local Adelaide staff to do as WIN says and cover dotty. I guess they don't see the priority with it. Perth on the other hand is controlled directly by WIN, so dotty never creeps through. Ahh, what a magical world we live in. :P

Does this mean we won't be able to switch over to Nine HD to watch the cricket without the uglymark in the future?

OFFLINE   Smacca #15

• Forum Moderator

• 3,274 posts since
  • September 2005

Posted 13 October 2009 - 07:16 PM

Does this mean we won't be able to switch over to Nine HD to watch the cricket without the uglymark in the future?

Very possible. It all depends on if and when they centralise Adelaide.

Personally, I think WIN's coverup of the Olympics watermark is going to cause problems. Think about it... the IOC has given the Nine Network a tick of approval to use the Olympic rings in that manner, no doubt ensuring a Nine logo will be above the rings at all times. Meanwhile, WIN comes along and slaps their box all over it. I could be wrong, as it's just speculation, but I reckon WIN wouldn't want to ruffle the feathers of the IOC. They're very particular about their precious rings, and how they're displayed. :old: Imagine if an NBC affiliate covered the peacock logo on the NBC Olympics watermark with their own logo. Something tells me they'd be in a lot of trouble.

Edited by Smacca, 13 October 2009 - 07:19 PM.

OFFLINE   trisreed #16

• 924 posts since
  • January 2006

Posted 13 October 2009 - 07:43 PM

Nine would get on the phone with WIN anyway to protect their own interests.
Say Yes to Multichanneling, Say Yes to HD, Say No to Watermarks, Say No to HD Lite
Yes, I am on DTV forum and Wikipedia

People come together in the moments that they share...on N-B-C, Let's all be there!

OFFLINE   Smacca #17

• Forum Moderator

• 3,274 posts since
  • September 2005

Posted 13 October 2009 - 07:56 PM

But they haven't really taken any action since WIN started covering up in 2005. WIN have never covered up a logo that belongs to both Nine and the IOC, regardless if the rings are kept intact.

Edited by Smacca, 13 October 2009 - 07:56 PM.

OFFLINE   Mike #18

• 18,492 posts since
  • January 2006

Posted 13 October 2009 - 07:56 PM

I think they will end up doing a Prime with a WIN logo underneath or on another side. I think they would be made well aware of rules with the IOC.

OFFLINE   Smacca #19

• Forum Moderator

• 3,274 posts since
  • September 2005

Posted 13 October 2009 - 08:03 PM

I think they will end up doing a Prime with a WIN logo underneath or on another side. I think they would be made well aware of rules with the IOC.

Let's hope you're right. It could spell the end of solid shitemarks for good. :white:

OFFLINE   EuroKick #20

• 4,414 posts since
  • August 2003

Posted 13 October 2009 - 08:17 PM

I just dont know why WIN are so pathetic about this. They should really take a leaf out of Primes book.
STILL THE ORIGINAL AND THE BEST; MediaSpy