Nine On-Air Presentation

• Please log in to reply
1734 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   The Sifon #941

• 5,872 posts since
  • December 2006

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:19 PM

Just a little something you rarely see these days. A black and white movie on the main channel and the b\w logo

GEM show a lot of black and white movies but I don't recall them showing a b\w icon.

ONLINE   SydneyCityTV #942

• 6,798 posts since
  • November 2011

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:40 PM

Just a little something you rarely see these days. A black and white movie on the main channel and the b\w logo

GEM show a lot of black and white movies but I don't recall them showing a b\w icon.

I believe that you can often see a B/W icon on ABC1 at the start of those very old and cheap British movies that air at 3 in the morning or something like that. Correct me if I'm wrong because I haven't seen too much late night TV in recent times.

Anyway, here's another primetime show-themed classification warning, taken from the start of "Unforgettable" last night. Also includes the 5 Second Ident because I couldn't be bothered to edit it out:

Once again, if anyone can tell me who the personality is at the end, feel free to post away!

Edited by SydneyCityTV, 02 July 2012 - 01:40 PM.

OFFLINE   MATTB #943

• 3,022 posts since
  • May 2009

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:48 PM

Once again, if anyone can tell me who the personality is at the end, feel free to post away!

Simple Google search for Unforgettable came back with Poppy Montgomery as Carrie Wells
Matt.B

OFFLINE   -David- #944

• 3,982 posts since
  • September 2008

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:49 PM

I did say that the previous page too.

Ten News

Wake Up || Studio 10 || Ten News at Five || The Project || Ten Late News || The Bolt Report || Meet the Press

ONLINE   SydneyCityTV #945

• 6,798 posts since
  • November 2011

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:58 PM

Simple Google search for Unforgettable came back with Poppy Montgomery as Carrie Wells

Thanks! I probably should've Googled it myself, but at least I've got an answer now! :)

Apart from The Mentalist, Unforgettable, TBBT and 2.5 Men, are there any other primetime programs on Nine that have customised classification warnings?

ONLINE   SydneyCityTV #946

• 6,798 posts since
  • November 2011

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:28 PM

Lineup & Sponsor Billboard I captured on the night before the most recent graphics relaunch:

OFFLINE   The Sifon #947

• 5,872 posts since
  • December 2006

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:14 PM

I believe that you can often see a B/W icon on ABC1 at the start of those very old and cheap British movies that air at 3 in the morning or something like that. Correct me if I'm wrong because I haven't seen too much late night TV in recent times.

That's right, but very few movies air on ABC1 these days. All those old British movies have gone to gem/7two.

I can confirm the B\W logo does air on GEM.

OFFLINE   eBlog42 #948

• 1,173 posts since
  • July 2005

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:50 PM

Nine Gold Coast have dropped the 'Gold Coast' part on their watermark. Now the Watermark is the same as the one in all capital cities. Also they cut the 4:30 news at 5pm to show Hot seat.

Edited by ECTV9, 02 July 2012 - 06:06 PM.

ONLINE   SydneyCityTV #949

• 6,798 posts since
  • November 2011

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:04 PM

That's right, but very few movies air on ABC1 these days. All those old British movies have gone to gem/7two.

It really shows how much late night TV I watch these days (very little, if any)!

Nine Gold Coast have dropped the 'Gold Coast' part on their watermark. Now the Waterloo is the same as the one in all capital cities. Also they cut the 4:30 news at 5pm to show Hot seat.

Interesting to know how things are on Nine Gold Coast these days. What does the 5.30pm Gold Coast news look like since the relaunch? If it's not too much trouble, would you be able to provide some caps (or maybe even clips) in the relevant thread when/if you get the chance? Please?

OFFLINE   Aurora #950

• 2012 NRL Tipping Champion

• 6,006 posts since
  • February 2009

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:01 PM

So can I. Watch Danger Man and it'll be there at the start. They even showed it during the few episodes of Seaway that were actually in colour lol

Please note: any comments in posts made by myself are mine only and may apply only to the specific conditions and situations of the time of posting. Any opinions or comments expressed do not represent any organisation(s) which may have previously been or may currently be affiliated with myself in any way.

OFFLINE   The Sifon #951

• 5,872 posts since
  • December 2006

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:29 PM

So can I. Watch Danger Man and it'll be there at the start. They even showed it during the few episodes of Seaway that were actually in colour lol

Thanks.

One more question. What's with the colours just before the classification and b\w logo appears?

It seems a bit too subliminal. Are people suppose to notice and think something of it?

OFFLINE   ADstv #952

• 1,562 posts since
  • March 2007

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:04 PM

Seen the B/W logo on WIN a few times before.
[ads]tv 5 YEARS ... 2007-2012

ONLINE   SydneyCityTV #953

• 6,798 posts since
  • November 2011

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:41 PM

Channel Nine Sydney are once again running special blue "State of Origin" lineups today with Nine News Sydney presenter and the face of WWOS, Ken Sutcliffe:

The one I caught (a dual Nine/Gem lineup) only had Kenny say the stock-standard "Are you ready for a great night?" line and nothing special, although he did VO the Nine part of the lineup. If I manage to record it, I'll upload a video either later tonight or sometime tomorrow. And a question for those in SEQ, are Channel Nine in Queensland running marron coloured lineups again?

Edited by SydneyCityTV, 04 July 2012 - 05:42 PM.

ONLINE   SydneyCityTV #954

• 6,798 posts since
  • November 2011

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:11 PM

...and here's a clip of Sydney's "State of Origin" Lineup:

I'll try and upload some caps of the special "Behind the Blue Wall" program in the relevant thread if there's interest. I wonder if Queensland has a similar type of program on tonight?

OFFLINE   Johnson28 #955

• 2012 & 2014 NRL Tipping Champion

• 11,647 posts since
  • October 2010

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:47 PM

Nine in Brisbane had a special called The Mighty Maroons before SOO.

3 weeks to go to London Olympic Games and the Olympic rings have returned, left of the Nine logo.

ONLINE   SydneyCityTV #956

• 6,798 posts since
  • November 2011

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:57 PM

Nine in Brisbane had a special called The Mighty Maroons before SOO.

Good to know! I presume that it was in a similar format to the special we got here (game preview biased to the hometown team with a bit of team history/highlights from over the years thrown in from what I remember). I wonder if WIN/NBN in regional NSW and WIN in regional Queensland took the relevant specials or not, knowing that they usually have the newshour at 6pm with ACA at 7pm.

3 weeks to go to London Olympic Games and the Olympic rings have returned, left of the Nine logo.

Nine Sydney just has the stock-standard WWOS watermark on the NRL at the moment, maybe things will change after the game.

OFFLINE   MATTB #957

• 3,022 posts since
  • May 2009

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:00 PM

I wonder if WIN/NBN in regional NSW and WIN in regional Queensland took the relevant specials or not, knowing that they usually have the newshour at 6pm with ACA at 7pm.

WIN aired the specials instead of Aca.
Matt.B

ONLINE   SydneyCityTV #958

• 6,798 posts since
  • November 2011

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:34 PM

Whoops! Before AFHV tonight, Nine Sydney aired the lineup that was supposed to air at 7.30pm!

UPDATE: If you're were wondering, we didn't get a replay of that lineup at 7.30pm, we got this 5 Second "Karl & Lisa" Ident instead (which I will upload to YouTube ASAP):

Edited by SydneyCityTV, 07 July 2012 - 09:31 PM.

ONLINE   SydneyCityTV #959

• 6,798 posts since
  • November 2011

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:26 PM

A green version of the Sponsor Billboards that I recorded about a month ago:

OFFLINE   Rockvegas #960

• 966 posts since
  • April 2008

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:28 AM

A couple of Queensland Origin-inspired idents that aired in the lead up to the final game. Features various Nine News presenters.

Edited by Rockvegas, 08 July 2012 - 03:28 AM.