Ten On-Air Presentation

• Please log in to reply
2522 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Mike #661

• 18,397 posts since
  • January 2006

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:07 PM

I gather James didn't like the 2D look. I presume in time he will relaunch the look to something more consistent and modern. The old TENHD logo had a decent Ten logo in it, should have used that.

I do hope he does something to bring their branding into the new decade.

OFFLINE   cmo #662

• 5,861 posts since
  • March 2007

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:46 PM

Ten probably have its largest audience for the 730 hour of the year and what's the first promo? Fucking being Lara bingle. gives us a break!!!!

Edited by cmo, 06 May 2012 - 07:46 PM.

OFFLINE   J Bar #663

• 14,379 posts since
  • May 2006

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:36 PM

I gather James didn't like the 2D look. I presume in time he will relaunch the look to something more consistent and modern. The old TENHD logo had a decent Ten logo in it, should have used that.

I do hope he does something to bring their branding into the new decade.

It's stupid that they've gone back to the old logo. Why didn't they just make the yellow/blue/pink logos 3D rather than go backwards?
J Bar

OFFLINE   Qarlo #664

• 788 posts since
  • October 2010

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:40 PM

At least now the logo is consistent. It was kind of pointless restyling the logo if they weren't prepared to change it across the board.

My biggest gripe, which I've had since 2008, is what the hell is wrong with the PRG logo? The colour is wrong, the outline is disproportionate. It's by far the ugliest thing in Ten's package. The new promo watermark proves they can produce a half decent looking logo at that size, why can't they do the same with the PRG?

OFFLINE   cmo #665

• 5,861 posts since
  • March 2007

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:57 PM

The only thing I am liking at the moment is that the logo stays on screen in colour throughout the whole promo. I stress its the only thing I like. The rest of it looks worse than shit.

OFFLINE   Lukemovieman #666

• 3,523 posts since
  • January 2012

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:50 PM

The glossy logo is also used in the Masterchef advertisement in today's Sunday Telegraph.

Network Ten had always used their normal glossy logo for their website, any promotions (bill boards, newspapers, magazines etc..) and as their main PRG. Only for T.V. Promotions, line-ups and prime-time classification boards was the new 2012 2D logo used.

OFFLINE   J Bar #667

• 14,379 posts since
  • May 2006

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:53 PM

At least now the logo is consistent. It was kind of pointless restyling the logo if they weren't prepared to change it across the board.

By going back tothe old logo, it doesn't match the watermark now. Also, the old glossy logo looks completely out of place with the colours in the promos, signposts, endboards. The whole network presentation looks like like an utter mess now. Yuck!
J Bar

OFFLINE   abesty #668

• Media Vault Coordinator

• 8,060 posts since
  • May 2008

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:08 PM

Network Ten had always used their normal glossy logo for their website, any promotions (bill boards, newspapers, magazines etc..) and as their main PRG. Only for T.V. Promotions, line-ups and prime-time classification boards was the new 2012 2D logo used.

I remember seeing the 2D logo in newspaper advertisements, take this Breakfast ad for example:

OFFLINE   cmo #669

• 5,861 posts since
  • March 2007

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:15 PM

As I said before scrap everything. Sack the current team. It all has to change. Some new, modern and fresh. Sick of the old look, 2d, 3d, fonts, colours. It all must change.

ONLINE   southernguy #670

• 1,364 posts since
  • August 2005

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:05 PM

By going back tothe old logo, it doesn't match the watermark now. Also, the old glossy logo looks completely out of place with the colours in the promos, signposts, endboards. The whole network presentation looks like like an utter mess now. Yuck!

Scrap everything channel ten, including logo and start from scratch.
At the moment what a backwards step and an absolute mess!!
southernguy

OFFLINE   MATTB #671

• 3,022 posts since
  • May 2009

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:14 PM

The brand is becoming beyond repairable. Either they have totally given up with presentation or something new is in the works and they just couldn't be bothered putting any effort into presentation until its launched.

Edited by MATTB, 07 May 2012 - 09:15 PM.

Matt.B

OFFLINE   Matlock #672

• News Contributor

• 5,956 posts since
  • September 2011

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:16 PM

I remember seeing the 2D logo in newspaper advertisements, take this Breakfast ad for example:

Yesterday, I saw a brand-spanking new billboard with the yellow ten splodged all over it promoting breakfast. It's not dead...yet.

The brand is becoming beyond repairable. Either they have totally given up with presentation or something new is in the works and they just couldn't be bothered putting any effort into presentation until its launched.

Should have launched a new look yesterday in conjunction with MC... Hopefully if its true its actually decently made and well thought out. Right now Nine is running rings around Ten and Seven presentation-wise.

Edited by tmorgan96, 07 May 2012 - 09:18 PM.

OFFLINE   ADstv #673

• 1,543 posts since
  • March 2007

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:05 PM

It's about the worst you will ever see... No wonder ten has gone downhill . Since the 00s its been going backwards and more backwards . Do not know how the current package was passed then throw the old logo back in. If nine can do something similar to the NBC package I'm sure ten can with the ABC US package because what they have now would score a fail anywhere else .

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
[ads]tv 5 YEARS ... 2007-2012

OFFLINE   ShadowDan #674

• 731 posts since
  • November 2009

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:02 AM

The whole TENHD presentation was much better then what we currently have. :s Haha found the old promos for it as well as I have a bunch of Neighbours episodes from late 2007 when Ten starting promoting TENHD. The promotion was fantastic. Loved everything. The theme was constant, unlike now what we have with TEN presentation wise.

OFFLINE   Mike #675

• 18,397 posts since
  • January 2006

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:24 PM

Memo to Ten: No more internal design work.

OFFLINE   Qarlo #676

• 788 posts since
  • October 2010

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:26 PM

something new is in the works and they just couldn't be bothered putting any effort into presentation until its launched.

I highly doubt that. This year *was* their big relaunch. That's all there is, nothing more is coming. Why would they launch a new look only 5 months after their last one was launched?

OFFLINE   Leostar #677

• 4,603 posts since
  • December 2007

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:31 PM

Yup, they need to finally have pride in their network and commission an EXTERNAL company to give the network an ACTUAL look.

OFFLINE   J Bar #678

• 14,379 posts since
  • May 2006

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:40 PM

Yeah, I doubt they will relaunch yet again. In my opinion, they had a lot of good ideas. They just needed to make it look more 3D than 2D and change the font in the promos/signpost from Times New Roman to something sleeker. Going back to the old logo is dumb, dumb, dumb.

I noticed that last night they actually ran the Eleven and One signposts along with Ten one, early in the evening. It was either just before or just after The Project.

Seems like they finally worked out how well this works for seven and Nine and have finally given up on the silly idea that One and Eleven should be kept as completely separate entities. Also noticed that the Ten promos have been ramped up on eleven.
J Bar

OFFLINE   MATTB #679

• 3,022 posts since
  • May 2009

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:51 PM

I highly doubt that. This year *was* their big relaunch. That's all there is, nothing more is coming. Why would they launch a new look only 5 months after their last one was launched?

I agree but it has happened in the past. Prime started launching their new presentation in mid 2010, stopped half way through and did a total relaunch 8 months later.

Edited by MATTB, 08 May 2012 - 04:52 PM.

Matt.B

OFFLINE   Leostar #680

• 4,603 posts since
  • December 2007

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:36 PM

Remember that's Prime though, we are talking about Ten after all...
I have noticed more promos on 11 for Ten that any other multichannel for the last few months.