Hey Hey It's Saturday

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
834 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   J Bar #761

• 14,815 posts since
  • May 2006

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:42 PM

No. Just, no.
J Bar

OFFLINE   MillerT1 #762

• 1,320 posts since
  • October 2009

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:46 PM

I tell ya what. I think one of the worst things to do on a Saturday night now is sit down and watch sixty minutes of Funniest Home Videos. If anyone thinks that show is funny anymore, they really aren't right in the head. Even though Hey Hey got quite boring in its second half of its 20 eps, it was better than Funniest Home Videos. There needs to be some sort of music or variety show on.

OFFLINE   tbop #763

• 1,902 posts since
  • March 2011

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:16 AM

I tell ya what. I think one of the worst things to do on a Saturday night now is sit down and watch sixty minutes of Funniest Home Videos. If anyone thinks that show is funny anymore, they really aren't right in the head. Even though Hey Hey got quite boring in its second half of its 20 eps, it was better than Funniest Home Videos. There needs to be some sort of music or variety show on.

Completely agree.

OFFLINE   Aurora #764

• 2012 NRL Tipping Champion

• 5,980 posts since
  • February 2009

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:44 AM

I tell ya what. I think one of the worst things to do on a Saturday night now is sit down and watch sixty minutes of Funniest Home Videos. If anyone thinks that show is funny anymore, they really aren't right in the head.

Seventy actually. :P

Edited by Aurora, 01 April 2012 - 11:45 AM.

Please note: any comments in posts made by myself are mine only and may apply only to the specific conditions and situations of the time of posting. Any opinions or comments expressed do not represent any organisation(s) which may have previously been or may currently be affiliated with myself in any way.

OFFLINE   Matlock #765

• News Contributor

• 6,112 posts since
  • September 2011

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:54 AM

Nine should try bring a saturday night show back to our screens but it should not be a clone of HHIS. I'd like something Aussie but in similar taste to Graham Norton. Fun, easy, addictive viewing which isn't stuck in the mid-90s.

AFHV is unfunny.

Edited by tmorgan96, 01 April 2012 - 11:55 AM.

OFFLINE   MillerT1 #766

• 1,320 posts since
  • October 2009

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:00 PM

Yeah, why is it seventy minutes now?

OFFLINE   ShadowDan #767

• 732 posts since
  • November 2009

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:24 PM

Nine should try bring a saturday night show back to our screens but it should not be a clone of HHIS. I'd like something Aussie but in similar taste to Graham Norton. Fun, easy, addictive viewing which isn't stuck in the mid-90s.

AFHV is unfunny.

If only I could parental lock this program in my house hold so that no one can watch it!

Edited by ShadowDan, 01 April 2012 - 12:25 PM.

OFFLINE   parano1a #768

• 2,072 posts since
  • December 2003

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:38 PM

Yeah, why is it seventy minutes now?

Probably to hold viewers right until the first bounce of the footy (7.40pm)

OFFLINE   parano1a #769

• 2,072 posts since
  • December 2003

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:10 AM

Rumor has it Nine are considering two Hey Hey specials for their post-Olympics schedule

One left of field idea would be to have Daryl and Sonia Kruger co-host a Hey Hey special live from the Big Brother house as part of a weekly "task" ... the housemates would perform acts in the Red Faces segment, and participate in other regular segments such as Celebrity Head and Plucka Duck. Daryl and Sonia worked well together on DWTS and if done well such a special could introduce families/older viewers to give the younger skewing BB another try...

OFFLINE   Matlock #770

• News Contributor

• 6,112 posts since
  • September 2011

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:34 PM

Why won't this go away?

OFFLINE   cmo #771

• 6,050 posts since
  • March 2007

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:48 PM

Why won't this go away?

Daryl refuses to die. He is that smelly fart that continues to linger.
He's a one trick pony that continues to hold on to hope that Nine will give him another life line. sigh.

OFFLINE   EGant #772

• 305 posts since
  • March 2010

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:10 PM

Rumor has it Nine are considering two Hey Hey specials for their post-Olympics schedule

One left of field idea would be to have Daryl and Sonia Kruger co-host a Hey Hey special live from the Big Brother house as part of a weekly "task" ... the housemates would perform acts in the Red Faces segment, and participate in other regular segments such as Celebrity Head and Plucka Duck. Daryl and Sonia worked well together on DWTS and if done well such a special could introduce families/older viewers to give the younger skewing BB another try...

I can tell you now its not happening.

The licencing agreement from Endemol alone would prohibit the use of Big Brother with existing formats.

People are deluded if they think Hey Hey is coming back to Nine. Nine have passed on it as its not part of there strategy going forward, it failed in its last resurection and whilst the previous specials rated well they were not highly profitable. Hey Hey is quite expensive unlike other variety programs. If Nine wants to invest in variety they will launch a brand new format utilising talent from their existing roster.

This years Big Brother, will be going very much back to basics of season one, there is no Big Brother: Secrets, they have jsut signed up Mike Goldman for the voice so expect him to be joining Big Brother.

OFFLINE   Wasp & Bee #773

• 188 posts since
  • July 2011

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:15 PM

I can tell you now its not happening.

The licencing agreement from Endemol alone would prohibit the use of Big Brother with existing formats.

People are deluded if they think Hey Hey is coming back to Nine. Nine have passed on it as its not part of there strategy going forward, it failed in its last resurection and whilst the previous specials rated well they were not highly profitable. Hey Hey is quite expensive unlike other variety programs. If Nine wants to invest in variety they will launch a brand new format utilising talent from their existing roster.

This years Big Brother, will be going very much back to basics of season one, there is no Big Brother: Secrets, they have jsut signed up Mike Goldman for the voice so expect him to be joining Big Brother.

They also need to bring back BB Uncut... naked flesh could be acceptable on free to air now that Johnny Howard has sailed into history (and his prudish family values with him). As for Daryl, I'm inclined to agree with other commentators that he's probably starting the rumours himself in the hope that Nine will pick him up again. There's no way Southern Star would allow their formats to be corrupted by another corny show - it's still being run in other countries successfully after all. Maybe Daryl could host a segment though but I just can't see the license allowing him to bring back Hey Hey in any shape or form on that show.

OFFLINE   parano1a #774

• 2,072 posts since
  • December 2003

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:26 AM

If Nine have really given up on Hey Hey for good it seems unusual the following pages are still hosted on their website:
http://channelnine.n...heyitssaturday/
http://catchup.ninem...yheyitssaturday

OFFLINE   newtaste #775

• News Contributor

• 5,215 posts since
  • January 2007

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:39 AM

If Nine have really given up on Hey Hey for good it seems unusual the following pages are still hosted on their website:
http://channelnine.n...heyitssaturday/
http://catchup.ninem...yheyitssaturday

You can watch Rescue on ninemsn, and Nine gave up on that.

OFFLINE   newtaste #776

• News Contributor

• 5,215 posts since
  • January 2007

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:06 AM

Rumour on the Hey Hey page on Facebook:

Someone just posted a thing on facebook and deleted it from the HHIS Page saying that HHIS would be shown on GO as repeats from 1992, is this true?

https://www.facebook...tal_comments=16

Is the show really coming back in 2013? Even as repeats on Go? Was this unintentionally leaked just now?

https://www.facebook...151165624104049

OFFLINE   jimbo #777

• 7,516 posts since
  • December 2007

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:08 AM

There is so much content in repeats from this show, its a good idea!

OFFLINE   Mr. J #778

• 9,260 posts since
  • January 2009

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:14 AM

That time of year again.

OFFLINE   MillerT1 #779

• 1,320 posts since
  • October 2009

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:33 AM

I don't know if they'd play it in primetime on Saturday night considering how well movies do but they could possibly show them Saturday afternoon. What's being shown at the moment? Repeats of Big Brother which are repeated during the week at 5pm anyway. I love Big Brother but it doesn't need to be repeated twice.

OFFLINE   ShadowDan #780

• 732 posts since
  • November 2009

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:47 AM

The show is old and outdated, why would they air repeats of it on GO!? It's dead....