Prime News - GWN News

• Please log in to reply
802 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   LocalRadio #1

• 1,081 posts since
  • January 2008

Posted 02 November 2009 - 05:39 PM

Seems the other thread is locked (IE: Can't reply) so I started this for the Prime Media Group.

Well Prime Wagga had no bulletin tonight but had half of Seven News, 10 minutes of Prime Bathurst, few minutes of the Prime Canberra test screen (with the lovely high pitched sound) then the rest was ad's now we have Seven News again! Very unprofessional IMO.

OFFLINE   Con #2

• 1,711 posts since
  • September 2009

Posted 02 November 2009 - 06:08 PM

Seems the other thread is locked (IE: Can't reply) so I started this for the Prime Media Group.

Well Prime Wagga had no bulletin tonight but had half of Seven News, 10 minutes of Prime Bathurst, few minutes of the Prime Canberra test screen (with the lovely high pitched sound) then the rest was ad's now we have Seven News again! Very unprofessional IMO.

Sounds like a technical issue. Or maybe the presenter was unavaliable at the last minute. Was Today Tonight on at 6:30?

OFFLINE   Typhon #3

• 23 posts since
  • November 2009

Posted 03 November 2009 - 11:32 PM

Sounds like a technical issue. Or maybe the presenter was unavaliable at the last minute. Was Today Tonight on at 6:30?

Judging by the sudden interruption and the fact that the presenter was on screen just before it happened, I'm going to lean more towards a technical issue.

And Today Tonight doesn't get aired in the two markets that have reported this problem, they get a turnaround of the Sydney Seven News broadcast :)

OFFLINE   Smacca #4

• Forum Moderator

• 3,276 posts since
  • September 2005

Posted 14 November 2009 - 11:11 AM

GWN's latest news promo. I don't mind this one at all - a good example of how a local station should promote themselves. :thumbsup:

OFFLINE   Typhon #5

• 23 posts since
  • November 2009

Posted 17 November 2009 - 03:26 PM

GWN's latest news promo. I don't mind this one at all - a good example of how a local station should promote themselves. :thumbsup:

A bit too much vignette? I know they have to distinguish the promo from a news update, but it shouldn't be that dark... Or is it a little brighter on air?

Edited by tamago_otoko, 20 November 2009 - 07:49 AM.
don't quote the video

OFFLINE   Brad #6

• Media Vault Contributor

• 1,226 posts since
  • September 2006

Posted 01 January 2010 - 03:37 PM

Prime News Albury
with Helen Ballard (news/sport) and Madelaine Collignon (weather)

Edited by Brad, 01 January 2010 - 03:37 PM.

OFFLINE   tamago_otoko #7

• Retired Senior Moderator

• 5,288 posts since
  • August 2007

Posted 01 January 2010 - 10:43 PM

In 2010, Prime News is still 4:3. Seems a bit outdated, doesn't it?
tamago_otoko
Media Spy Moderator
tamago_otoko@mediaspy.org

OFFLINE   Ryan #8

• Senior Site Administrator

• 12,182 posts since
  • September 2005

Posted 02 January 2010 - 01:34 PM

The whole bulletin (Apart from Madelaine) seems outdated.
Ryan

Site Administrator

ryan@mediaspy.org

OFFLINE   TelevisionAU #9

• Forum Administrator

• 11,547 posts since
  • November 2005

Posted 02 January 2010 - 01:37 PM

The whole bulletin (Apart from Madelaine) seems outdated.

Country TV has been outdated for a long time :tongue:

OFFLINE   tamago_otoko #10

• Retired Senior Moderator

• 5,288 posts since
  • August 2007

Posted 02 January 2010 - 02:11 PM

Just a comparison, that's all. I know back in 2008, even a station as small as SES/RTS (WIN South Aus) were filming their local bulletins in 16:9. Surprised that Prime haven't managed it by 2010
tamago_otoko
Media Spy Moderator
tamago_otoko@mediaspy.org

OFFLINE   NewsKing #11

• Formerly Kimberb

• 6,911 posts since
  • September 2007

Posted 02 January 2010 - 02:28 PM

I'd pretty much say, the day Prime folds and 7 takes over will be a much better time for country and regional viewers!

Edited by TelevisionAU, 02 January 2010 - 02:45 PM.
"Prime" is not in capitals

OFFLINE   Con #12

• 1,711 posts since
  • September 2009

Posted 02 January 2010 - 03:58 PM

I'd pretty much say, the day Prime folds and 7 takes over will be a much better time for country and regional viewers!

Seven could not take over Prime as it would take them over the 75% audience reach limit. They currently hold 72% of the limit.

OFFLINE   bacco007 #13

• Deputy Chief Administrator

• 9,180 posts since
  • February 2005

Posted 02 January 2010 - 05:13 PM

Widescreen was supposed to happen when News was centralised to Canberra, but it hasn't happened yet (centralisation was first mooted in 03/04)

Interesting that there is a second presenter for the weather (I assume from Canberra) - the North West NSW / North Coast bulletins don't have the second presenter

OFFLINE   Mark #14

• 16,343 posts since
  • July 2005
  • Location:all over the Hunter and Central Coast, and sometimes in Taree

Posted 02 January 2010 - 05:22 PM

there was a yarn in the Sunday papers last week that Prime around Tamworth still have the old double-header billboards around the area with Fiona and Roscoe, and saying how lazy and money-lacking Prime were in updating them. :)

OFFLINE   antzzz #15

• 2,091 posts since
  • December 2003

Posted 02 January 2010 - 05:27 PM

Seven could not take over Prime as it would take them over the 75% audience reach limit. They currently hold 72% of the limit.

I think if Nine, Seven or Ten made a tilt for their regional affiliates - they could push to have this rule gone.
Do you like Australian grown grapes?
If so, how would you rather purchase fresh grapes from a supermarket? Vote Now!

OFFLINE   TelevisionAU #16

• Forum Administrator

• 11,547 posts since
  • November 2005

Posted 02 January 2010 - 05:39 PM

I think if Nine, Seven or Ten made a tilt for their regional affiliates - they could push to have this rule gone.

why would they want to though? As it is they're getting a guaranteed income from the regionals for re-broadcasting their programming with none of the responsibility attached. If they buy up the regionals they have to then take on the commitments that come with that (eg. infrastructure, staffing, local news quotas, playout facilities, etc.) As it is now they're in a win-win situation.

OFFLINE   Con #17

• 1,711 posts since
  • September 2009

Posted 02 January 2010 - 05:50 PM

why would they want to though? As it is they're getting a guaranteed income from the regionals for re-broadcasting their programming with none of the responsibility attached. If they buy up the regionals they have to then take on the commitments that come with that (eg. infrastructure, staffing, local news quotas, playout facilities, etc.) As it is now they're in a win-win situation.

Yes. Regional stations are in a lucky situation atm. As you just mentioned above all they have to do is re-broadcast as shown in the city and make profit.

OFFLINE   bacco007 #18

• Deputy Chief Administrator

• 9,180 posts since
  • February 2005

Posted 02 January 2010 - 06:14 PM

there was a yarn in the Sunday papers last week that Prime around Tamworth still have the old double-header billboards around the area with Fiona and Roscoe, and saying how lazy and money-lacking Prime were in updating them. :)

Not to mention the bus! Given the number of times in recent months Fiona hasnt been on the news - it's not been the best advert

OFFLINE   Moe #19

• 8,402 posts since
  • August 2004

Posted 02 January 2010 - 09:22 PM

If the rules ever went it would be the regionals buying the metros, not the other way around. WIN and Southern Cross would be in perfect position to buy one of their metro counterparts should the rules ever change. Prime are probably the exception, but I don't see Seven wanting to expand.

OFFLINE   Aurora #20

• 2012 NRL Tipping Champion

• 6,034 posts since
  • February 2009

Posted 02 January 2010 - 09:32 PM

Yes. Regional stations are in a lucky situation atm. As you just mentioned above all they have to do is re-broadcast as shown in the city and make profit.

Huh? Where in that post you quoted did he express that? Please re-read that post.

Edited by cpandilo, 02 January 2010 - 10:58 PM.

Please note: any comments in posts made by myself are mine only and may apply only to the specific conditions and situations of the time of posting. Any opinions or comments expressed do not represent any organisation(s) which may have previously been or may currently be affiliated with myself in any way.