BBC Radio

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Mike Retter #1

• 3,438 posts since
  • May 2008

Posted 08 November 2009 - 01:45 PM

Heard a story today about many American towns dont allow clthes lines. It cheapens the towns look apparently. This makes the use of clothes dryers widespread. In the country of freedome no clothes lines are allowed in many towns! Someone made a doco about it and I heard it on the earth beat program played on ABC news radio from the BBC's Earthbeat program.

OFFLINE   dbrmuz #2

• 6,539 posts since
  • June 2009

Posted 08 November 2009 - 05:14 PM

I musta missed that story.Did you check out my post in the SBS thread? That was a story BBC World Wide had on this morning.
I love listening to BBC overnight on News Radio.Absolutely fantastic programs-except the soccer snore-fest most of Sunday morning.

Anyone else enjoying the 20 year celebration stories on the collapse of Communism & fall of the Berlin wall?
For those interested that haven't caught any of it,have a link:BBC 1989

Edited by dbrmuz, 08 November 2009 - 05:14 PM.

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong

OFFLINE   Mike Retter #3

• 3,438 posts since
  • May 2008

Posted 08 November 2009 - 09:09 PM

What are you talking about?

Woverhampton 1

Norich 1

Coventry Nil

Notingham Forrest Nil

Luten Town 2

Oldem Nil

THATS NOT EXCITING ENOUGH FOR YA!!!!????

Yeah I heard on DW radio about a festival celebrating traditions from East Germany - food, fashions, music, products and aesthetics.

OFFLINE   dbrmuz #4

• 6,539 posts since
  • June 2009

Posted 08 November 2009 - 09:14 PM

Oh,the "joy" of the classified football results.:hypnotized:

Still,it's better than listening to "hit" radio at 4am on a Sunday morning.

OFFLINE   bacco007 #5

• Deputy Chief Administrator

• 9,185 posts since
  • February 2005

Posted 09 November 2009 - 05:38 AM

I quite enjoy listening to Radio 1 and Five Live - two stations that the ABC should consider bringing the format to Australia.

OFFLINE   Mike Retter #6

• 3,438 posts since
  • May 2008

Posted 09 November 2009 - 12:35 PM

I like hard talk when I can catch it.

OFFLINE   IanG #7

• 1,341 posts since
  • October 2008

Posted 06 December 2009 - 08:35 PM

I listen to a show called Sports World. Even though it should be called Football World since about 85% of the show's content is soccer
"To The Memory of Ian Craig, The Legacy of Des Hoistead and the ghost of 2KY" - Tommy from Campbelltown

OFFLINE   dbrmuz #8

• 6,539 posts since
  • June 2009

Posted 06 December 2009 - 08:45 PM

I disagree with that.At least 95% of the show is about soccer.Plus they have the 5 minutes of hell they call the Classified Results. :hypnotized:

OFFLINE   IanG #9

• 1,341 posts since
  • October 2008

Posted 07 December 2009 - 06:14 AM

I disagree with that.At least 95% of the show is about soccer.Plus they have the 5 minutes of hell they call the Classified Results. :hypnotized:

LOL well I was being generous with my guess. Also the e-mails and texts they read out all seem to be from those countries where those e-mail scams come from.
"To The Memory of Ian Craig, The Legacy of Des Hoistead and the ghost of 2KY" - Tommy from Campbelltown

OFFLINE   Paul in Melbourne #10

• 110 posts since
  • September 2006

Posted 07 May 2010 - 11:16 PM

What has happened to SBS 6 on digital doing the BBC World Service? I liked listening to it especially when ABC Newsradio was not broadcasting the World Service.

OFFLINE   7HD #11

• 996 posts since
  • July 2008

Posted 08 May 2010 - 11:00 AM

What has happened to SBS 6 on digital doing the BBC World Service? I liked listening to it especially when ABC Newsradio was not broadcasting the World Service.

SBS Radio 6 is now broadcasting 24/7 Eurovison
"SBS Eurovision"

More here
http://www.mediaspy....ndpost&p=693270

I say it's unlikely that SBS will ever bother with SBS Radio 6 once the eurovision is over.
Let alone why they even bothered with migrating to DAB+ and should have stayed on analog

OFFLINE   Cyril Washbrook #12

• Retired Admin

• 9,531 posts since
  • November 2006

Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:29 PM

Bit of a bizarre story:

Chris Moyles, a high-profile radio DJ on BBC Radio 1, has used his breakfast show to launch a lengthy on-air rant against the broadcaster, telling listeners that he had not been paid for two months.

http://www.mediaspy....n-air-pay-rant/

OFFLINE   IanG #13

• 1,341 posts since
  • October 2008

Posted 07 November 2010 - 12:23 PM

They've been on strike. So I didn't get to hear Sports World last night. Reminded me of the times in the 80s when ABC TV went on strike and they had a slide on the screen with tone

OFFLINE   Cyril Washbrook #14

• Retired Admin

• 9,531 posts since
  • November 2006

Posted 26 November 2010 - 10:09 AM

I suspect that the English-language service probably won't be affected so much, but some of the services in other languages could be put under some strain.

Mark Thompson, the BBC's director general, has confirmed that the BBC World Service will be subjected to major cuts to both services and jobs as a result of funding decreases over the coming years.

http://www.mediaspy....c-chief-admits/

OFFLINE   Cyril Washbrook #15

• Retired Admin

• 9,531 posts since
  • November 2006

Posted 07 December 2010 - 09:00 PM

To say the least, not the best of days for Radio 4... two presenters accidentally call the culture secretary by the name "Jeremy C--t", while another ends up interviewing the wrong person.

The Spy Report:

BBC Radio 4 has apologised for a series of embarrassing incidents on Monday, in which two presenters botched the name of a government politician with obscene consequences, and another accidentally interviewed an imposter claiming to be an MP.

OFFLINE   mcappa #16

• 363 posts since
  • June 2010

Posted 17 March 2011 - 10:18 AM

On Radio 1 at the moment is Chris Moyles attempting to set a world record for the longest show ever for Comic Relief. He's entering his 18th hour on air and they're trying to stay on for nearly 52 hours! The BBC is showing this on the red button on TV as well. It's also being livestreamed on their site: www.bbc.co.uk/radio1