Austar

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
58 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   johnny #1

• 147 posts since
  • January 2010

Posted 08 January 2010 - 09:27 PM

austar now has mystar hd but they dont carry discovery hd or nat geo hd, what do people that have mystar hd think about it? hows the free to air set up on it does it work well?

OFFLINE   Mark #2

• 16,098 posts since
  • July 2005

Posted 09 January 2010 - 05:16 AM

austar now has mystar hd but they dont carry discovery hd or nat geo hd, what do people that have mystar hd think about it? hows the free to air set up on it does it work well?

Nat Geo HD and Discovery HD are slated for March, along with some other stuff.

Love MyStarHD. Works great, the FTAs are all fine on it too.

OFFLINE   johnny #3

• 147 posts since
  • January 2010

Posted 10 January 2010 - 04:13 PM

do you think that all austar viewers will ever get all fta stations or only the my star customers. i bet discovery hd an nat geo will look good in hd, i wonder if they will launch any more new channels in 2010?

OFFLINE   bacco007 #4

• Deputy Chief Administrator

• 9,173 posts since
  • February 2005

Posted 10 January 2010 - 04:37 PM

I dont understand why it takes so long for them to add the FTA channels - why cant they ingest the broadcast EPG

OFFLINE   William Walker #5

• 317 posts since
  • April 2008

Posted 10 January 2010 - 08:54 PM

do you think that all austar viewers will ever get all fta stations or only the my star customers. i bet discovery hd an nat geo will look good in hd, i wonder if they will launch any more new channels in 2010?

My dad is a austar customer and he doesn't own a Mystar. It's looking increasingly likely that only Mystar customers will get FTA stations at a DVB-T level and not by satellite. I aksed my dad for advice on Pay tv, but then I decided at the end of the day I have no plans to sign up with Austar.

William Walker

OFFLINE   antzzz #6

• 2,091 posts since
  • December 2003

Posted 11 January 2010 - 01:20 AM

My dad is a austar customer and he doesn't own a Mystar. It's looking increasingly likely that only Mystar customers will get FTA stations at a DVB-T level and not by satellite. I aksed my dad for advice on Pay tv, but then I decided at the end of the day I have no plans to sign up with Austar.

William Walker

'Regular' Austar customers can not receive the terrestrial stations because their STBs do not have built in DVB-T tuners! Duh!

-In fact, your whole post made absolutely zero sense... Your dad is an Austar subscriber without MyStar - ok.
-It looks increasingly likely that only MyStar customers will receive DVB-T stations - correct, as it has been from the beginning.
-You've decided not to sign up to Austar.

Ok, why did I bother replying to that post? :wacko:
Do you like Australian grown grapes?
If so, how would you rather purchase fresh grapes from a supermarket? Vote Now!

OFFLINE   johnny #7

• 147 posts since
  • January 2010

Posted 15 January 2010 - 06:20 PM

got mystar hd today and its very good from what ive seen so far. all local channels but no 7two on prime yet they say feb but dont know why. is there any way to get other fta tv stations from other areas like 7,9,10, or thats impossible?

OFFLINE   Mark #8

• 16,098 posts since
  • July 2005

Posted 15 January 2010 - 06:38 PM

got mystar hd today and its very good from what ive seen so far. all local channels but no 7two on prime yet they say feb but dont know why.

they might tell you that, but I got an email last week that said "Prime hasn't commenced broadcast of 7Two yet and this is why Austar is not broadcasting it" - I gave them an email back with both barrels and told them to pull their finger out.

Austar = useless.

Wish I could sign with Foxtel.

OFFLINE   johnny #9

• 147 posts since
  • January 2010

Posted 15 January 2010 - 06:47 PM

yeah its amazing where not able to choose our provider foxtel or austar, i dont think this will change any time soon. i wonder if there are more new channels coming this year.

OFFLINE   antzzz #10

• 2,091 posts since
  • December 2003

Posted 16 January 2010 - 12:03 AM

they might tell you that, but I got an email last week that said "Prime hasn't commenced broadcast of 7Two yet and this is why Austar is not broadcasting it" - I gave them an email back with both barrels and told them to pull their finger out.

Austar = useless.

Wish I could sign with Foxtel.

Ermm... IQ isn't DVB-T compatible... So it would actually make things worse for you.
Do you like Australian grown grapes?
If so, how would you rather purchase fresh grapes from a supermarket? Vote Now!

OFFLINE   Mark #11

• 16,098 posts since
  • July 2005

Posted 16 January 2010 - 03:42 AM

Ermm... IQ isn't DVB-T compatible... So it would actually make things worse for you.

no it wouldn't. I'd be rid of Austar. Best event ever!

OFFLINE   johnny #12

• 147 posts since
  • January 2010

Posted 20 January 2010 - 04:41 AM

i recently emailed austar about getting free to air channels for all customers on there service and i got a different response than usual. AUSTAR RESPONSE:
At this stage the implications of how the minister's announcement that the Rudd Government will implement a satellite service to provide digital television to viewers in regional blackspot areas has not been fully addressed.
I am sure that if this falls under the government's analog switch off program, AUSTAR will be involved in some way. THE USUAL RESPONSE IS NO IT WOULD BE TO DIFFICULT.

OFFLINE   Mark #13

• 16,098 posts since
  • July 2005

Posted 20 January 2010 - 05:22 AM

Austar has now added the 4 SD and HD Vancouver 2010 Games channels.

OFFLINE   fletch #14

• 532 posts since
  • January 2010

Posted 10 February 2010 - 03:58 PM

rang austar today they have know idea when 7two will be on sd an hd mystar, there working on it, :blink:

OFFLINE   fletch #15

• 532 posts since
  • January 2010

Posted 04 March 2010 - 04:03 PM

is nat geo and discovery hd still coming in march?

OFFLINE   Mark #16

• 16,098 posts since
  • July 2005

Posted 04 March 2010 - 04:15 PM

is nat geo and discovery hd still coming in march?

i was told when they have their Download service available, similar to Foxtel's, that it would be offered. They said tentatively "March-ish".

OFFLINE   fletch #17

• 532 posts since
  • January 2010

Posted 05 March 2010 - 08:51 AM

ok i think they would look great in hd

OFFLINE   Cyril Washbrook #18

• Retired Admin

• 9,531 posts since
  • November 2006

Posted 27 May 2010 - 11:10 PM

Shareholders of the subscription television provider Austar have expressed their discontent with executive remuneration at the company, with nearly one-third of votes at today's annual general meeting opposing this year's remuneration report.

http://www.mediaspy....er-agm-protest/

OFFLINE   Cyril Washbrook #19

• Retired Admin

• 9,531 posts since
  • November 2006

Posted 29 October 2010 - 12:43 PM

Q3 results:

Regional subscription television provider Austar has posted improved results across the board for the three months ending September 30 after having a worse than expected first half of the year.

http://www.mediaspy....ter-for-austar/

OFFLINE   bambbbam #20

• 4,068 posts since
  • March 2007

Posted 29 October 2010 - 07:39 PM

Will Austar be getting all the new channels from Nov 1, same as Foxtel viewers?