• Please log in to reply
2095 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Ryan #1

• Senior Site Administrator

• 12,158 posts since
  • September 2005

Posted 16 March 2010 - 06:19 PM

The on-air promotions have begun..

What are people expecting from this season? Stick to the winning formula? (minus the host) Mix it up?
Ryan

Site Administrator

ryan@mediaspy.org

OFFLINE   turdall #2

• 9,336 posts since
  • March 2008

Posted 16 March 2010 - 06:33 PM

Stick with the formula. I think getting rid of the host was silly but I'd stick with the format as much as possible - mixing it up didn't work for TBL this season.

OFFLINE   Racer25 #3

• News Contributor

• 4,493 posts since
  • September 2008

Posted 16 March 2010 - 06:56 PM

There shall need to be at least some small alterations - keep things fresh and all the rest. Viewers are unlikely to see all the same tactics used over. Question is, will contestants be continually brought back as per last season?

OFFLINE   Mark #4

• 16,187 posts since
  • July 2005
  • Location:all over the Hunter and Central Coast, and sometimes in Taree

Posted 16 March 2010 - 07:28 PM

I read somewhere Ten was considering not showing the "crap" and going straight to Top 50.

OFFLINE   turdall #5

• 9,336 posts since
  • March 2008

Posted 16 March 2010 - 07:34 PM

I read somewhere Ten was considering not showing the "crap" and going straight to Top 50.

I think one of the judges said the auditions won't be shown and its going to be on for 13 weeks this year. Stefan Denis is also going to be on the show some how as a guest. Apparently a guest judge - he has had experience in the food industry apparently.

OFFLINE   LSK9 #6

• 2010 TV Ratings Tipping Comp Winner

• 953 posts since
  • January 2007

Posted 16 March 2010 - 08:35 PM

MasterChef Australia 2010

Edited by nine'09, 16 March 2010 - 08:44 PM.

OFFLINE   turdall #7

• 9,336 posts since
  • March 2008

Posted 16 March 2010 - 08:36 PM

Just saw the ad. Noticed there is 24 contestants this year instead of 20.

OFFLINE   Mr. J #8

• 9,232 posts since
  • January 2009

Posted 16 March 2010 - 08:45 PM

how exciting. can't wait to see a full promo.

why the new thread?

Edited by Jerome, 16 March 2010 - 08:46 PM.

OFFLINE   Swanny #9

• Retired Admin

• 4,318 posts since
  • April 2008

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:02 PM

Because the original was locked and a separate thread was started for Celebrity MasterChef.

OFFLINE   LSK9 #10

• 2010 TV Ratings Tipping Comp Winner

• 953 posts since
  • January 2007

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:15 PM

MasterChef Australia 2010 Ident

Edited by nine'09, 01 April 2010 - 06:28 PM.

OFFLINE   Swanny #11

• Retired Admin

• 4,318 posts since
  • April 2008

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:56 PM

Not sure if this has been mentioned but there's already an official Junior MasterChef Australia group on Facebook. Hopefully it can expand beyond the ton of merchandising they seem to be doing on the page :P.

OFFLINE   feedtheflame. #12

• 151 posts since
  • July 2008

Posted 17 March 2010 - 09:47 PM

So George said Mid April for the show's return on The Circle. I know it's not new information but at least it's further confirmation of the date.

OFFLINE   Rockvegas #13

• 966 posts since
  • April 2008

Posted 25 March 2010 - 02:51 PM

MasterChef Season Two: Sneak Peek

OFFLINE   NewsWeary #14

• Forum Moderator

• 3,628 posts since
  • October 2009

Posted 28 March 2010 - 10:35 PM

TEN is considering legal action against Seven for ripping off elements of MasterChef.

OFFLINE   kyall #15

• 447 posts since
  • January 2010

Posted 01 April 2010 - 11:00 AM

What's everyones predicitions on the ratings this year at 7:30? This year it'll be going up against:
Sunday: 60 Minutes, Border Security + Another Factual
Monday: New Two and a Half Men + New Big Bang Theory, and whatever Seven put here
Tuesday: New Top Gear, Australia's Got Talent
Wenesday: Hey Hey It's Saturday, and probably factuals from Seven
Thursday: Getaway, The Bounce/The Matty Johns Show
Friday: Better Homes & Gardens
If TEN had of gotten rid of The 7pm Project: Two and a Half Men ®, Home & Away

Edited by kyall, 01 April 2010 - 11:01 AM.

OFFLINE   ryaneco #16

• 2,931 posts since
  • February 2006

Posted 01 April 2010 - 11:11 AM

What's everyones predicitions on the ratings this year at 7:30? This year it'll be going up against:
Sunday: 60 Minutes, Border Security + Another Factual
Monday: New Two and a Half Men + New Big Bang Theory, and whatever Seven put here
Tuesday: New Top Gear, Australia's Got Talent
Wenesday: Hey Hey It's Saturday, and probably factuals from Seven
Thursday: Getaway, The Bounce/The Matty Johns Show
Friday: Better Homes & Gardens
If TEN had of gotten rid of The 7pm Project: Two and a Half Men ®, Home & Away

Sunday - Masterchef will kill it as seen last year - 60 minutes was no competition for it neither were the factuals; same competition it had last year
Monday - Nine will still do well; I think it will be Seven who struggle here Masterchef will still do fine.
Tuesday - Tuesday night is one of Ten's best nighst; Top Gear may fall a little as it isn't 'must-see' and airs on Go Sunday and Thursday nights. AGT will still do well.
Wednesday - Nine will likely win against Masterchef here; unfortunately; Seven's factuals aren't must see either so I don't think Masterchef will be scared of them
Thursday - No competition
Friday - Same as last year.

So really the only night I see it struggling is Wednesday but I don't see it doing terribly; I really see Seven as the key loser against Masterchef. Especially if all they slot in the 7.30 timeslots is factuals.

OFFLINE   CJM #17

• 2,801 posts since
  • April 2008

Posted 01 April 2010 - 12:12 PM

I've heard that Seven are putting Australia's Got Talent to Monday, and there are not that many episodes of new Two & A Half Men and Big Bang Theory left...so Masterchef should do well on Mondays. With all the talent shows dropping recently, I would think that AGT will follow the trend, especially with Kyle now on it, as he alienates Seven's core 50+ audience.

Last year Seven put Thank God You're Here on Wednesday and Masterchef still managed to beat it, so even though I think Hey Hey will do well, I think that Masterchef will give it a run for its money. Even up against the big return of Hey Hey last year the not as popular Celebrity Masterchef still managed around 1.3 million didn't it?

Tuesdays and Wednesdays Seven will probably have factuals, which have not been doing anywhere near the figures they were doing last year, and Masterchef and Top Gear/Hey Hey will push them very old. Top Gear hasn't that many new eps left has it? If they go into repeats then it will not do the numbers it is doing now.

It's going to be interesting, but given what My Kitchen Rules did for Seven 7.30pm Monday and Tuesday, Masterchef could be a lot bigger than anyone is expecting. Last year it took a few weeks to become popular, whereas this year viewers will be watching immediately. Just like the second season of Idol and Big Brother, it could be bigger than last year.

OFFLINE   Racer25 #18

• News Contributor

• 4,493 posts since
  • September 2008

Posted 01 April 2010 - 12:30 PM

I've heard that Seven are putting Australia's Got Talent to Monday

Physical advertisements for AGT show that the series is moving to Tuesdays. Mondays shall be a massive sore point for Seven, but Nine has built up a very strong following with it's coemdy block - will those viewers quickly dump the sitcoms for more reality? They'll still provide some very strong demographic competition. Wednesday's could go either way, but both TEN & Seven have got be hoping that their two key series ('Pacific & 'MC') are able to dent 'Hey Hey'.

OFFLINE   MATTB #19

• 3,022 posts since
  • May 2009

Posted 01 April 2010 - 12:47 PM

That would be good if they are. They should consider that for Australian Idol.
Matt.B

OFFLINE   Go Wallabies #20

• 238 posts since
  • September 2009

Posted 01 April 2010 - 03:41 PM

I've heard that Seven are putting Australia's Got Talent to Monday, and there are not that many episodes of new Two & A Half Men and Big Bang Theory left...so Masterchef should do well on Mondays.

Big Bang Theory has eleven episodes left - Masterchefs run? - and I think there's five for Two & A Half Men.

Even up against the big return of Hey Hey last year the not as popular Celebrity Masterchef still managed around 1.3 million didn't it?

Yes, it did 1.35m first ep but dropped 300k the next ep.

Top Gear hasn't that many new eps left has it? If they go into repeats then it will not do the numbers it is doing now.

This non ratings week and next week they are showing a repeats and they're still doing 1.36m, but yes only two new episodes left - including the Bolivia special.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: MasterChef, Season 4