MasterChef Australia

MasterChef Season 4

• Please log in to reply
2111 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   bettestreep2008 #41

• 314 posts since
  • July 2009

Posted 19 April 2010 - 09:43 PM

I eat my words - just saw the first ep and it was fabulous!

Fast paced , exciting AND plenty of positive criticism and praise for all the contestants!

I'm sure the constestants who were eliminated still went away feeling good about themselves.

Congrats to the judges for once again showing how to give CONSTRUCTIVE criticism!

Take note you trolls at Australia's got talent!!!

OFFLINE   Splashmo #42

• 11,390 posts since
  • February 2005

Posted 19 April 2010 - 09:45 PM

It was the exact same as the MasterChef I saw last year - and that's only a good thing. The second season will be a ratings winner.

OFFLINE   tv guy2 #43

• 3,943 posts since
  • November 2008

Posted 19 April 2010 - 09:46 PM

It was the exact same as the MasterChef I saw last year

Without the host.

OFFLINE   turdall #44

• 9,347 posts since
  • March 2008

Posted 19 April 2010 - 09:49 PM

Without the host.

The host last season was a waste of space, no offence intended. You just never saw her and she did hardly any hosting anyway.

OFFLINE   Swanny #45

• Retired Admin

• 4,351 posts since
  • April 2008

Posted 19 April 2010 - 11:41 PM

Didn't feel any different without Sarah there, so that can only be a good thing. It reminded me when watching the '09 recap that with Gary declaring Julie as the winner, you knew there and then Sarah wasn't needed.

But yeah, great episode to start off. Stuck with it the whole way through, which I haven't done with any reality show in years. The judges were as good as ever, literally got excited when they "unveiled" Matt as the third judge (obviously you knew he was coming, but just the fact he made such a grand entrance, lol). And the constructive criticism allows the show to continue as enjoyable viewing, when you know they're not blasting the contestants for no apparent reason. Gonna be a good series I reckon.

OFFLINE   Firetorch #46

• 6,807 posts since
  • September 2006

Posted 20 April 2010 - 02:38 AM

Fast paced? I actually got sick watching it. There is so much that could be edited out. They go over the same ground again and again.

And why couldn't they simply eliminate all ten contestants that performed the worst in the cooking challenge, if the aim is to get down to 24?

George continues to be the most annoying person on Australian television.

OFFLINE   ryaneco #47

• 2,956 posts since
  • February 2006

Posted 20 April 2010 - 06:51 AM

I think 90 mins is a tad too long for the type of episode last night; the 90 minutes worked really well last year for the group challenge on Wednesday nights which is where I think Ten should have a long running time. Last nights episode could've gone into 1 hour; I'm assuming the same for tonight.

If they must have 2 90 minute eps a week I'm ok with Masterclass being longer as it teaches the contestants as well as the viewers.

A bit of an overload but nonetheless still a very entertaining opening episode.

OFFLINE   Racer25 #48

• News Contributor

• 4,497 posts since
  • September 2008

Posted 20 April 2010 - 06:54 AM

I think viewers will accept the longer running episodes for the first week, but beyond that, TEN need to be careful that they don't over-expose the series on their schedule. Keeping it to a short 30-60 minutes a night allows viewers to access the series and also feel free to watch other programs. Once they start feeling as though they need to sacrifice too much time for the series, they're going to leave (or at least I would with any series played that often). 'MC' might be an addictive reality series, but like all addicitions, it only goes so far.

Edited by racerboi25, 20 April 2010 - 06:55 AM.

OFFLINE   Mark #49

• 16,310 posts since
  • July 2005
  • Location:all over the Hunter and Central Coast, and sometimes in Taree

Posted 20 April 2010 - 07:25 AM

loved it, loved it, loved it - although if I see Adele cry one more time I'll punch her head in!

OFFLINE   mattrobts #50

• 4,518 posts since
  • December 2004

Posted 20 April 2010 - 07:54 AM

Fantastic episode last night and it was great to have it back for another season.

OFFLINE   Reuder7 #51

• 20,038 posts since
  • February 2005

Posted 20 April 2010 - 07:54 AM

George continues to be the most annoying person on Australian television.

Oh I absolutely hate him. SO over enthusiastic with the way he talks.

I think viewers will accept the longer running episodes for the first week, but beyond that, TEN need to be careful that they don't over-expose the series on their schedule. Keeping it to a short 30-60 minutes a night allows viewers to access the series and also feel free to watch other programs. Once they start feeling as though they need to sacrifice too much time for the series, they're going to leave (or at least I would with any series played that often). 'MC' might be an addictive reality series, but like all addicitions, it only goes so far.

I think you're absolutely right. There's only so much of a commitment viewers can make.

OFFLINE   Aslan #52

• 1,950 posts since
  • December 2007

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:36 AM

loved it, loved it, loved it - although if I see Adele cry one more time I'll punch her head in!

Can't have a reality show without at LEAST one person crying per week.
Do that sexy thing you do with your tongue. Yeah. Talk intelligently and at length. Reow

OFFLINE   Mark #53

• 16,310 posts since
  • July 2005

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:51 AM

Can't have a reality show without at LEAST one person crying per week.

yes but she cried the whole time, even when they said hello to her she was bawling (creative licence taken by me there).

And she has a disabled son, ok, we get it, no need for cut-aways every 3 minutes reminding us of it.

OFFLINE   MATTB #54

• 3,022 posts since
  • May 2009

Posted 20 April 2010 - 01:55 PM

I liked it although it maybe 60min would have been enough. It shows having a host was a waste of time.
Matt.B

OFFLINE   feedtheflame. #55

• 151 posts since
  • July 2008

Posted 20 April 2010 - 07:44 PM

Watching now, when will some people learn that being wacky or "inventive" such as making a chocolate avocado mousse will not guarantee them a win. Less is more.

Edited by feedtheflame., 20 April 2010 - 08:34 PM.

OFFLINE   Squee! #56

• Forum Moderator

• 11,115 posts since
  • December 2005

Posted 20 April 2010 - 08:50 PM

Watching now, when will some people learn that being wacky or "inventive" such as making a chocolate avocado mousse will not guarantee them a win. Less is more.

Lots of restaurants need to learn this as well.

OFFLINE   Mark #57

• 16,310 posts since
  • July 2005

Posted 21 April 2010 - 06:53 AM

new MasterChef Australia drinking game - everytime Adele looks like she's about to cry, or mentions her bloody son, you take a swig. You'll be brahms and list by the first ad break.

OFFLINE   ryaneco #58

• 2,956 posts since
  • February 2006

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:48 AM

new MasterChef Australia drinking game - everytime Adele looks like she's about to cry, or mentions her bloody son, you take a swig. You'll be brahms and list by the first ad break.

God I hope Adele does not make it through to the top 24; she has to be the most annoying contestant I've seen so far.

OFFLINE   Mark #59

• 16,310 posts since
  • July 2005

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:54 AM

God I hope Adele does not make it through to the top 24; she has to be the most annoying contestant I've seen so far.

total agreement here.

OFFLINE   cmo #60

• 6,104 posts since
  • March 2007

Posted 21 April 2010 - 08:36 PM

What cow that woman was to leave mid-challenge tonight.

But yet again this show has shown through its diverse casting and great challenges that it is must see every night. I am ennjoying this even more so than last year.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: MasterChef, Season 4