2SM 1269

• Please log in to reply
327 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   shire_lsnr #101

• 252 posts since
  • February 2006

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:04 PM

I've noticed the John Laws podcasts have not been updated since before he went on holiday. Is this a cheapness thing thats stopping them from being available or something?

OFFLINE   SydneyCityTV #102

• 6,489 posts since
  • November 2011

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:59 PM

Is this a cheapness thing thats stopping them from being available or something?

Probably. You could say the same thing about the audio quality on DAB+, at 32kbps it isn't much better (and that's being nice!) than online streaming from what I've heard. And the 2SM website isn't the best I've ever seen, the promos on the home page look like they've gone to town with the Windows fonts!

OFFLINE   Big Dan #103

• 18,546 posts since
  • July 2003

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:03 PM

This may explain why you rarely hear male newsreaders on 2SM... and when they ask you to apply they say you must submit a photo!

I've got tits and can put on a falsetto voice, anyone reckon I could pull off a performance ala Dustin Hoffman in Tootsie to get a job with Billy Boy? :laugh: :blink: :laugh:
Wake up and smell the maple nut crunch!
Follow me on Twitter at @bigdan1985

OFFLINE   Mark #104

• 16,227 posts since
  • July 2005
  • Location:all over the Hunter and Central Coast, and sometimes in Taree

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:34 AM

I've got tits and can put on a falsetto voice, anyone reckon I could pull off a performance ala Dustin Hoffman in Tootsie to get a job with Billy Boy? :laugh: :blink: :laugh:

I was about to say that there's a few staffers in the network who I'm sure already have... but that would be rude and crude of me, and I'm not like that........

............. PIGS ARSE!!!!!!!!!!!!

OFFLINE   shire_lsnr #105

• 252 posts since
  • February 2006

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:39 PM

Probably. You could say the same thing about the audio quality on DAB+, at 32kbps it isn't much better (and that's being nice!) than online streaming from what I've heard. And the 2SM website isn't the best I've ever seen, the promos on the home page look like they've gone to town with the Windows fonts!

And whooshka - they appeared! It would seem people in the right places do read this forum!

OFFLINE   newtaste #106

• News Contributor

• 5,215 posts since
  • January 2007

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:53 PM

The John Laws Morning Show - 2SM Facebook page is somewhat popular, for a staton that has next to no profile in Sydney these days.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-John-Laws-Morning-Show-2SM/153330874723918

OFFLINE   matthewl #107

• 57 posts since
  • September 2012

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:01 PM

Today 2SM (and Super Networked stations) ended Straight Talk with Poppy early at 4PM to have a special on the band INXS.

Edited by matthewl, 30 September 2012 - 05:01 PM.

OFFLINE   Rossco #108

• 118 posts since
  • July 2006

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:31 PM

Today 2SM (and Super Networked stations) ended Straight Talk with Poppy early at 4PM to have a special on the band INXS.

Do some of the network stations still take the League from 2GB?, this might have been the reason

OFFLINE   IanG #109

• 1,261 posts since
  • October 2008

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:32 AM

No idea to be honest. Some may. but I know 2HD don't.

Also interesting that John Caroll this morning has declared his show an "Alan Jones Free Zone" Doesn't want to give him any publicity. (John is filling in on Breakfast and Mornings)
"To The Memory of Ian Craig, The Legacy of Des Hoistead and the ghost of 2KY" - Tommy from Campbelltown

OFFLINE   Sub #110

• 1,377 posts since
  • June 2008

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:56 AM

Do some of the network stations still take the League from 2GB?, this might have been the reason

No Super Radio Network stations take league from 2GB/CCT.

My guess is this was just a one-off music special. Good to have an alternative to the NRL for Sydneysiders.

OFFLINE   matthewl #111

• 57 posts since
  • September 2012

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:03 PM

Just a small error i noticed on the 8 AM news on Sunday.

http://luchterhand.i...AM-News-dst.m4a

there was a apology on Straight Talk later on in the day.

OFFLINE   IanG #112

• 1,261 posts since
  • October 2008

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:40 AM

Lawsy had another "day off" today according to Leon Delaney who filled in for him today. Didn't say why.

Seems despite Ray Hadley's attempt to aid in the fixing the phones it hasn't made much difference. Still has problems. Makes me wonder how much longer he'll keep at it for.
"To The Memory of Ian Craig, The Legacy of Des Hoistead and the ghost of 2KY" - Tommy from Campbelltown

OFFLINE   Bulldogs #113

• 215 posts since
  • May 2008

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:18 PM

Lawsy had another "day off" today according to Leon Delaney who filled in for him today. Didn't say why.

Seems despite Ray Hadley's attempt to aid in the fixing the phones it hasn't made much difference. Still has problems. Makes me wonder how much longer he'll keep at it for.

No one thought he would last a few months but it has been nearly 2 years !

OFFLINE   Mike #114

• 18,494 posts since
  • January 2006

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:37 PM

What happened to the phones? Where is the show done from? It looks like a wood cabin.

OFFLINE   motosenokia #115

• 186 posts since
  • April 2012

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:46 PM

Haven't they had problems with the telephone hybrids in that place since day 1 of Lawsie come back?

I actually wonder if it's the equipment or the operators?

OFFLINE   RF Burns #116

• 779 posts since
  • April 2008

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:57 AM

What happened to the phones? Where is the show done from? It looks like a wood cabin.

Phones often don't work to air (various reasons). Depends, & what photo are you looking at?

2SM & network regular programs either come out of the 2SM studio 1, or the 2HD Studio in Newcastle, both have the 13 1269 phone number, but are different phone systems, same number directed to either place. The 2SM studio is heavily carpeted including the walls, the entire ceiling in the 2SM office & studios is wood paneling though, 2HD studio has a lot of wood paneling on the walls.

The Laws show comes out of a specially build studio (just for him) which is in the general office area next to reception. It has a large wood desk, but the walls are floor to ceiling glass, (fish tank studio). This studio has a separate phone number, 1300 564 652 (1300 John Laws), not sure if it's the same phone system as the 2SM 13 1269 one or totally separate?

When Leon Delaney fills in for Laws, he's usually in the Radio 97 studios in Tweed Heads, & also uses the 13 1269 number, again different phone system with the number re-directed to Tweed Heads.

2SM is the theoretical on-air hub for the network, but very few people actually work there, 2SM is mostly run from 2HD Newcastle. Radio 97 in Tweed Heads is the Super Network HQ, but very little on-air comes out of there.

OFFLINE   matthewl #117

• 57 posts since
  • September 2012

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:04 PM

The Podcasts for the John Laws show have started being uploaded again ;)

Theres also been a link placed on the http://2sm.com.au/laws.html for clips from the "Vault".

Now they just need to restart Grant Goldmans podcasts and i will be happy :)

OFFLINE   IanG #118

• 1,261 posts since
  • October 2008

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:57 PM

I've noticed the John Laws podcasts have not been updated since before he went on holiday. Is this a cheapness thing thats stopping them from being available or something?

Well I think they've started uploading them regularly again. When I heard on Tuesday that on Monday that "Norman" rang in I had to download it. Always good for a laugh. Wonder if he hates Lawsy so much why does he listen? Mind you since he also calls into Sky Sports Radio caling himself "The Nark" they're probably the only 2 stations he hasn't been barred from.

Also for those of you wondering about the 2HD Studios. Have a look at this

It's a few years old though

Edited by IanG, 22 November 2012 - 01:45 PM.

OFFLINE   ghee #119

• 5 posts since
  • August 2009

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:06 PM

Wow, seems such a long time ago. Nice to see that funny video again with Luke. Emma and Brooke.

Edited by ghee, 22 November 2012 - 06:07 PM.

OFFLINE   IanG #120

• 1,261 posts since
  • October 2008

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:22 AM

Leon Delaney filling in for Lawsy again today.

He's well an truley nailed his colours to the mast. Hell bent on defending Juliar Gillard.