Gold Coast Radio

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Mark #1

• 16,149 posts since
  • July 2005
  • Location:all over the Hunter and Central Coast, and sometimes in Taree

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:20 PM

Matty Acton, "Matty" from The Hit List, is moving to a capital city station.

Hence, SEA is looking for someone to host The Hit List on SEA Network and The Hit List TV

OFFLINE   dano33 #2

• 168 posts since
  • June 2008

Posted 05 May 2010 - 04:35 PM

Matty Acton, "Matty" from The Hit List, is moving to a capital city station.

Hence, SEA is looking for someone to host The Hit List on SEA Network and The Hit List TV

Really, which station? :scratchchin:

OFFLINE   Mark #3

• 16,149 posts since
  • July 2005
  • Location:all over the Hunter and Central Coast, and sometimes in Taree

Posted 05 May 2010 - 04:48 PM

I hear NOVA Perth suddenly have a gig for someone who doesn't give $10,000 away to friends? ;)

OFFLINE   Time & Temp #4

• 221 posts since
  • June 2009

Posted 05 May 2010 - 05:51 PM

Really, which station? :scratchchin:

Nova in Perth could be one contender as could 2Day-FM as the on air floater and assistant music bloke

OFFLINE   Sub #5

• 1,374 posts since
  • June 2008

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:13 PM

I thought I'd kick off the Hot Tomato board by saying they no longer mention 80's, 90's and today on their website. Instead, at http://www.1029.com.au it now says, "No repeats all day at work".

Just wondering, does Hot Tomato still use "the hottest songs of the 80's, 90's and today" slogan?

OFFLINE   Spbeck #6

• 337 posts since
  • July 2005

Posted 13 May 2010 - 03:11 PM

I thought I'd kick off the Hot Tomato board by saying they no longer mention 80's, 90's and today on their website. Instead, at http://www.1029.com.au it now says, "No repeats all day at work".

Just wondering, does Hot Tomato still use "the hottest songs of the 80's, 90's and today" slogan?

Haven't heard that slogan for ages on Hot Tomato

OFFLINE   eBlog42 #7

• 1,165 posts since
  • July 2005

Posted 01 October 2010 - 12:54 PM

Paul,Moyra and Baggs from SeaFM's breakfast show have appeared as guests on the Ellen DeGeneres show(the episode will air on Monday in Aus).

SeaFm have a nickname EllenFM

OFFLINE   TV_Expert #8

• 8,319 posts since
  • August 2004

Posted 27 March 2011 - 10:53 AM

From "Southern Cross buys Austereo" thread:

I've been listening to Hot Tomato a lot lately and I'm loving their format. They mix old and new, but they seem to be able to pick "cool" songs people want to hear, but dont' hear all the time. I'm impressed.

Hot Tomato's current positioner is simply "The Gold Coast's Best Music", implying that they're playing a wide variety of music from the 80s to today, pretty similar to C91.3 in South-Western Sydney. If you look at the Just Played feature on their website or listen online, you'll understand what I mean.

I've just noticed on their website that Hot Tomato are doing "80s Lunch", presumably at Midday. If rival station Gold FM are also doing an 80s lunch at the same time, then I would imagine that Hot Tomato's version would be significantly more adventurous than Gold FM's, considering that Gold is owned by SC Media. ;)
TV_Expert - Now clocked 1,500 posts & still counting!

OFFLINE   TV_Expert #9

• 8,319 posts since
  • August 2004

Posted 01 April 2011 - 11:47 AM

According to Jock's Journal, Gold FM will be broadcasting all the Gold Coast Suns' home games live & local from Carrara Stadium & The Gabba. They will have its own call team, to be presented by Bill McDonald (Ten News Brisbane) and Peter 'Spida' Everitt.

OFFLINE   TV_Expert #10

• 8,319 posts since
  • August 2004

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:46 PM

According to Jock's Journal, Al Dobie, who is currently the Assistant PD/Announcer at KOFM Newcastle, will be joining Gold FM as Assistant Content Director & afternoon announcer from Monday 6th June.

OFFLINE   TV_Expert #11

• 8,319 posts since
  • August 2004

Posted 03 July 2011 - 05:54 PM

According to Jock's Journal, Mikey Robins & Fiona O’Loughlin, who have recently filled in for Jono & Dano on the ARN Classic Hits Network (+ selected regional stations), will be hosting the Gold FM breakfast show, filling in for Richard, Bridge & Spida.

OFFLINE   jbrooke #12

• 409 posts since
  • August 2006

Posted 15 July 2011 - 05:57 AM

The rollouts have began with Sea Fm Gold Coast adopting the 'Today Network' logo - www.seafm.com.au. Looks like its the only station to change at this stage, but no doubt more will be stylising over the next few months.

OFFLINE   dbrmuz #13

• 6,539 posts since
  • June 2009

Posted 15 July 2011 - 07:38 AM

Like the world didn't have enough stations using that boring,uninspired lifeless dud of a logo already. :melting:
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong

OFFLINE   NQ75 #14

• 206 posts since
  • August 2008

Posted 15 July 2011 - 08:24 PM

The rollouts have began with Sea Fm Gold Coast adopting the 'Today Network' logo - www.seafm.com.au. Looks like its the only station to change at this stage, but no doubt more will be stylising over the next few months.

That is one awful logo :vomit:

OFFLINE   skartel #15

• 241 posts since
  • July 2006

Posted 15 July 2011 - 09:44 PM

Still better than the one they had.

OFFLINE   hoppo #16

• 173 posts since
  • March 2004

Posted 15 July 2011 - 09:54 PM

I actually think the logo really suits the Sea brand... more so than the original Today Network stations.

OFFLINE   jbrooke #17

• 409 posts since
  • August 2006

Posted 16 July 2011 - 02:48 PM

I agree Hoppo. I was never a fan of the old 'Sea Fm' logo.. it yelled late 80s/early 90s. I think if Southern Cross didn't get bought out by Austereo they really really needed to have a lot at getting a logo redesign as they were starting to look really daggy IMHO.

OFFLINE   mal #18

• 1,222 posts since
  • March 2006

Posted 17 July 2011 - 12:09 AM

I agree Hoppo. I was never a fan of the old 'Sea Fm' logo.. it yelled late 80s/early 90s. I think if Southern Cross didn't get bought out by Austereo they really really needed to have a lot at getting a logo redesign as they were starting to look really daggy IMHO.

SC bought out austereo (tho im just being technical and it dosn't really matter)

ONLINE   TelevisionAU #19

• Forum Administrator

• 11,240 posts since
  • November 2005

Posted 17 July 2011 - 02:10 AM

SC bought out austereo (tho im just being technical and it dosn't really matter)

It is an important point to make, though. While many might think this is the Today network giant 'taking over' the regionals, it is in fact due to Macquarie Southern Cross (with largely a regional network of radio and television outlets, e.g. Sea FM, Star FM, Southern Cross Ten, Southern Cross Television, etc.) taking over the Austereo group (which includes Today/MMM) and obviously making its move with regards to a more uniform branding.

OFFLINE   Big Dan #20

• 18,501 posts since
  • July 2003

Posted 17 July 2011 - 08:16 AM

I wouldn't put it past them to integrate the networks though. The Sea/Star/CFM/Hot FM networks could be combined into the Today network, while Triple M and some of the LocalWorks stations would be combined.
Wake up and smell the maple nut crunch!
Follow me on Twitter at @bigdan1985