Winners and Losers

• Please log in to reply
514 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   yola10go #21

• 10 posts since
  • July 2010

Posted 06 July 2010 - 01:55 PM

The school reunion was a 2001 reunion... so i guess that means if you add 10 years it would be 2011... thus starting next year. I think it should get the go ahead. They haven't replaced All Saints yet and the American shows like Desperate Housewives, Greys Anatomy, Brothers and Sisters and Private Practice can't last for too much longer and the ratings continue to drop.

OFFLINE   underarm #22

• 2,165 posts since
  • February 2005

Posted 06 July 2010 - 04:52 PM

The school reunion was a 2001 reunion... so i guess that means if you add 10 years it would be 2011... thus starting next year. I think it should get the go ahead. They haven't replaced All Saints yet and the American shows like Desperate Housewives, Greys Anatomy, Brothers and Sisters and Private Practice can't last for too much longer and the ratings continue to drop.

Could it be a replacement for City Homicide, which started to struggle in ratings last year?

OFFLINE   Racer25 #23

• News Contributor

• 4,496 posts since
  • September 2008

Posted 06 July 2010 - 06:44 PM

If 'Homicide' falls any further this season, we would expect to see either another crime drama replace it or a new medical series instead. This seems more like a play into the audience TEN's 'Offspring' is hoping to attract.

OFFLINE   tv guy2 #24

• 3,943 posts since
  • November 2008

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:00 PM

So has this show got the go ahead? could we see maybe a start this year?

It will probably premiere in February next year if picked up.

OFFLINE   underarm #25

• 2,165 posts since
  • February 2005

Posted 07 July 2010 - 02:52 PM

If 'Homicide' falls any further this season, we would expect to see either another crime drama replace it or a new medical series instead. This seems more like a play into the audience TEN's 'Offspring' is hoping to attract.

I think you're right. I can't see this or Offspring being a success, though. I'm not necessarily saying that they won't be any good, but that I can't see there being a big enough audience for them.

OFFLINE   mowarz #26

• 2,053 posts since
  • September 2004

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:20 PM

this show looks lame
i see offspring doing better heaps better
they should change around the plot a little - no school reunion

OFFLINE   Racer25 #27

• News Contributor

• 4,496 posts since
  • September 2008

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:23 PM

I think you're right. I can't see this or Offspring being a success, though. I'm not necessarily saying that they won't be any good, but that I can't see there being a big enough audience for them.

Considering there are usually more females watching TV, you would think these programs would have a built-in audience. 'Offspring' does sound far more interesting though. I assume this pilot will receive a fair bit of work before it gets the go ahead (if it does that is). 'Rafters' & 'Homicide' both received the same treatment when their pilots were reviewed.

OFFLINE   turdall #28

• 9,340 posts since
  • March 2008

Posted 10 July 2010 - 08:09 PM

I'm really looking forward to this one

OFFLINE   gazzalovesu #29

• 1 posts since
  • July 2010

Posted 12 July 2010 - 12:01 AM

The characters were okay, though more episodes needed to form an opinion. However they have gone for the "blonde, red head, brunette" formula!

Virgina Gaye (ex All Saints) is the successful city business girl. She is very carefree in this a lot different to her All Saints role.

Melanie Vallejo (ex Packed to the Rafters/Dare Ice Coffee Ads) is the party girl/unemployeed sleeps around type.

Red head girl, (Ive seen her before but don't know her name) is the serious type, not sure of anything else about her character but she is dating Blair McDonough.

Overweight "Ugly Betty" type girl (never seen her before on TV but very good actor) is the IT support girl, still lives at home with parents concious of her looks etc.

There was a bit of sex and drug taking in this pilot so I would say it could be a 9:30pm timeslot, but I fail to see how the mid-30s age bracket could warm to the characters since none of the girls were married or had kids and a bit immature for their age. Also it felt like a teen movie like Hating Alison Ashely or Looking for Alabrandi.

Who did Eliza Taylor-Cotter play and what was she like in it?

OFFLINE   TJ. #30

• 10,723 posts since
  • June 2007

Posted 19 July 2010 - 02:21 PM

The Seven Network has given its new female-centered drama pilot, Winners and Losers, the green light to commence production, the Herald Sun reports.

http://www.mediaspy....he-green-light/

OFFLINE   J Bar #31

• 14,874 posts since
  • May 2006

Posted 19 July 2010 - 03:29 PM

Good. About time they were producing more drama.
J Bar

OFFLINE   underarm #32

• 2,165 posts since
  • February 2005

Posted 19 July 2010 - 06:40 PM

Good. About time they were producing more drama.

Too right. Any more word on the alleged second new drama that seven was talking about earlier in the year?

OFFLINE   Mr. J #33

• 9,277 posts since
  • January 2009

Posted 19 July 2010 - 06:51 PM

Too right. Any more word on the alleged second new drama that seven was talking about earlier in the year?

the other drama was about the walsh street shootings. it was announced before Winners and Losers early in the year but hasn't had any word since. i'd say it wasn't picked and will turn up on a foxtel channel like spirited and killing time. underbelly is making a movie about it.

Edited by Jerome, 19 July 2010 - 06:52 PM.

OFFLINE   tv guy2 #34

• 3,943 posts since
  • November 2008

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:45 PM

Seven should air Winners & Losers during the first half of the year at 8:30 Tuesdays, then have Packed to the Rafters in the second half. A full year of Australian drama in that slot.

Edited by tv guy2, 19 July 2010 - 07:45 PM.

OFFLINE   turdall #35

• 9,340 posts since
  • March 2008

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:26 AM

YAY!!! Looking forward to this one will definatly download it! I think seven should air it with DH on Monday nights at 8:30.

OFFLINE   J Bar #36

• 14,874 posts since
  • May 2006

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:13 AM

Seven should air Winners & Losers during the first half of the year at 8:30 Tuesdays, then have Packed to the Rafters in the second half. A full year of Australian drama in that slot.

Seven have announced that they are currently filming back to back seasons of Packed to the Rafters. So it's more likely that PTTR season four will screen from February in teh same slot.

Since Winners & Losers hasn't actually started production yet, it may screen later in the year. Otherwise, it could run in a different slot.

Edited by J Bar, 20 July 2010 - 09:15 AM.

J Bar

OFFLINE   Racer25 #37

• News Contributor

• 4,496 posts since
  • September 2008

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:33 AM

Seven have announced that they are currently filming back to back seasons of Packed to the Rafters. So it's more likely that PTTR season four will screen from February in teh same slot.

Since Winners & Losers hasn't actually started production yet, it may screen later in the year. Otherwise, it could run in a different slot.

Filming back-to-back is different to screening back-to-back. 'Homicide' had some of it's current season filmed with Season 3, but is only just screening now. I doubt 'PTTR' will return so quickly for another full season.

This series might do alright, so long as it is tweaked a bit.

OFFLINE   J Bar #38

• 14,874 posts since
  • May 2006

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:39 AM

Filming back-to-back is different to screening back-to-back. 'Homicide' had some of it's current season filmed with Season 3, but is only just screening now. I doubt 'PTTR' will return so quickly for another full season.

This series might do alright, so long as it is tweaked a bit.

Seven need more Aussie drama in the schedule. Most of their imports aren't firing as well as they were.
J Bar

OFFLINE   Racer25 #39

• News Contributor

• 4,496 posts since
  • September 2008

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:44 AM

They do, but too much 'Rafters' will leave audiences with a bitter taste. Better to ramp up interest in each season, rather than oversupply. Hopefully they can get another new drama for the earlier part of next season, but it still seems unlikely at this stage, which is a shame.

OFFLINE   Aurora #40

• 2012 NRL Tipping Champion

• 5,981 posts since
  • February 2009

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:10 PM

Seven need more Aussie drama in the schedule. Most of their imports aren't firing as well as they were.

Perhaps, but they shouldn't rush it in just for the sake of that. Like they've done with other series, they should make sure it's as top notch as possible from the start.

Please note: any comments in posts made by myself are mine only and may apply only to the specific conditions and situations of the time of posting. Any opinions or comments expressed do not represent any organisation(s) which may have previously been or may currently be affiliated with myself in any way.