Winners and Losers

• Please log in to reply
538 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   J Bar #521

• 16,534 posts since
  • May 2006

Posted 03 December 2014 - 07:41 PM

We still have half of the last season to screen yet and in my opinion that would have been enough.
J Bar

OFFLINE   Johnson28 #522

• 2012 & 2014 NRL Tipping Champion

• 14,169 posts since
  • October 2010

Posted 23 March 2015 - 12:52 PM

Former Home and Away star Demi Harman, who became a member of Better Homes and Gardens late last year, has moved to Melbourne and is set to join the cast of W&L.

Edited by Johnson28, 23 March 2015 - 12:53 PM.

OFFLINE   BJT #523

• 4,047 posts since
  • February 2008

Posted 23 March 2015 - 01:18 PM

Is Better Homes and Gardens a Melbourne based production? 

OFFLINE   kazzac #524

• 426 posts since
  • February 2013

Posted 23 March 2015 - 03:28 PM

Does anyone know when it will be returning?

OFFLINE   Johnson28 #525

• 14,169 posts since
  • October 2010

Posted 23 March 2015 - 04:10 PM

Is Better Homes and Gardens a Melbourne based production? 

It is mainly filmed in Sydney that's why Adam Dovile and his partner Lisa Lamond (last year's winning team on House Rules) had to move to Sydney when he got the new gig. However, Karen Martini's cooking segment is filmed in her Melbourne home as she and her husband owns a restaurant here.

If Demi is to continue her role on BH&G she will either have to film her segment in Melbourne or fly frequently between the two cities.

Edited by Johnson28, 23 March 2015 - 04:12 PM.

OFFLINE   J Bar #526

• 16,534 posts since
  • May 2006

Posted 24 March 2015 - 07:31 AM

Does anyone know when it will be returning?

Probably after How To Get Away With Murder ends in a few weeks.
J Bar

OFFLINE   Matt_Melb #527

• Formerly Mike.S

• 14,357 posts since
  • August 2011

Posted 18 June 2015 - 02:19 PM

Just noticed promo saying coming soon.

OFFLINE   kazzac #528

• 426 posts since
  • February 2013

Posted 03 July 2015 - 09:14 PM

Just noticed promo saying coming soon.

i saw a promo for it today too.I can't remember how the final episode ended last year I'll have to watch it again .I still have it stored on my PVR

OFFLINE   tbop #529

• 2,521 posts since
  • March 2011

Posted 03 July 2015 - 10:49 PM

Returns Tuesday 14th July at 9.15pm.

OFFLINE   TV Cynic #530

• News Contributor

• 15,762 posts since
  • July 2010

Posted 09 July 2015 - 04:56 PM

House Rules returns Tuesday 14 July at 9.20pm

Series 4 Ep 14 "Luke is rushed to hospital fighting for his life. After his mother's death, Cory moves into the Gross house. Izzy’s offer to become a surrogate for Doug and Carla’s baby sends everyone into a tailspin"

OFFLINE   atefooterz #531

• 1,982 posts since
  • December 2004

Posted 15 July 2015 - 01:52 PM

This show is normally a social media goldmine, with excited fans plus the lure of several cast members sharing their time with scene imput, as it airs. Last night was the slowest  i have seen for W&L, even with three cast tweeting along! Hopefully fans will return not only the chosen few with meter boxes but also the community of fandom that nowdays forms part of enjoying a drama.

OFFLINE   TV Cynic #532

• News Contributor

• 15,762 posts since
  • July 2010

Posted 23 July 2015 - 04:19 PM

Recent addition to next week:

Tuesday 28 July  - Midday - Winners and Losers, encore x 2

OFFLINE   Harriet #533

• 132 posts since
  • March 2015

Posted 06 August 2015 - 03:04 AM

With nothing better to do I actually recorded this weeks worth of episodes. Dear god, was it bad. Within in the first few minutes it was plainly obvious why the show is tanking.

The storylines. The couldn't be more cliched if they tried. Sister wants sister's husband. Check. Marriage falling apart for the sake of drama. Check. Estranged mother comes back seeking redemption. Check. Angsty teenager causing drama. Check. Doctor has relationship troubles and eyes another doctor which will mean another affair. Check. I really detest the red-headed Jenny; completely annoying idiotic Mary-sue. 

Then it was the horrendous music. It was totally overused in the endless montages they had, probably to eat up time as they were struggling to fill the episode with actual content. Honestly the music sounded like a post modern feminist with a chip on her shoulder screeching about her latest melodrama. I guess it fits the show but tone the damn music down.

I feel sorry for the actors because the talent is there, just a shame the scripts aren't.

OFFLINE   Chris #534

• 4,389 posts since
  • February 2006

Posted 06 August 2015 - 08:22 AM

^ Are you for real? I thought this weeks episodes were some of the best. The first couple weeks of the season I was struggling to get back into it but I really enjoyed these two episodes and it gave a lot of the secondary characters some time to shine. I am back into W&L again now. I just wish Seven didn't persist with double episodes as it's killing off the show. I usually watch the first episode and record the second and watch on Wednesday night.

OFFLINE   Harriet #535

• 132 posts since
  • March 2015

Posted 07 August 2015 - 11:59 AM

^ Are you for real? I thought this weeks episodes were some of the best. The first couple weeks of the season I was struggling to get back into it but I really enjoyed these two episodes and it gave a lot of the secondary characters some time to shine. I am back into W&L again now. I just wish Seven didn't persist with double episodes as it's killing off the show. I usually watch the first episode and record the second and watch on Wednesday night.

How awkward. Yes. I would hardly go to the trouble and write a BS post. I am truly shocked that this weeks were supposed to be ''some of the best.'' If this was the show firing on all cylinders I would hate to see the show plodding along.

Speaking of awkward that's exactly how the episodes felt, like the writers were out of touch. Take Jenny standing up in front of a group of boys. The only putdowns were puns on her name. Really. In a high school environment where you're morbidly obese, dress like an op shop and have bright red hair? Get real. She wouldn't have lasted a day.

No, the show was DOA. No matter what 7 does with it now it's dead.

OFFLINE   greysfan #536

• 2,222 posts since
  • July 2007

Posted 07 August 2015 - 01:21 PM

I hate to agree but i kinda do. Yes the episodes were an improvement from what i have seen this season but the show has become bland, boring and predictable :( I love supporting good Aussie drama but when it gets to this stage i think why do i bother. I think the cast are fantastic but the writing is letting them down.

OFFLINE   kazzac #537

• 426 posts since
  • February 2013

Posted 15 August 2015 - 07:51 PM

Does anyone know if this the last season of W and L?.I'll miss it when it finishes,have just started watching it again.

OFFLINE   tbop #538

• 2,521 posts since
  • March 2011

Posted 15 August 2015 - 07:54 PM

I agree. I'm really enjoying this season. I hope it's renewed.

OFFLINE   Johnson28 #539

• 14,169 posts since
  • October 2010

Posted 15 August 2015 - 10:49 PM

Does anyone know if this the last season of W and L?.I'll miss it when it finishes,have just started watching it again.

No, filming for the fifth season finished last month and should air next year.

Edited by Johnson28, 15 August 2015 - 10:51 PM.