AFL/NRL Ratings

886 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   1169 #461

• 815 posts since
  • March 2006

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:26 PM

Massive failure fot eh "Q Clash" or whatever they call it. 56K in Brisbane is shocking.

OFFLINE   duke #462

• 753 posts since
  • January 2007

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:47 PM

Especially with no NRL on. Crowd looked disappointing too.

Edited by duke, 22 April 2012 - 02:49 PM.

OFFLINE   parano1a #463

• 2,061 posts since
  • December 2003

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:13 PM

Disappointing to see Queenslanders not supporting their teams, especially with Karmichael Hunt now one of the Suns' best players...

OFFLINE   Googly #464

• 39 posts since
  • April 2012

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:16 PM

The Q-Clash averaged about 90k on channel ten last year so 57k is about the usual drop from main-to-multi. Not a great result but not unexpected.

The lack of Rugby League wouldnt have affected the FTA figures. Why would League fans that are use to watching foxsports 2 on a saturday night watch an AFL game on FTA that was shown in HD and without ads on Fox Footy?

OFFLINE   duke #465

• 753 posts since
  • January 2007

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:40 PM

Disappointing to see Queenslanders not supporting their teams, especially with Karmichael Hunt now one of the Suns' best players...

They support The Roar. Queenslanders just can't get into AFL and shouldn't have to just because the AFL wants them to.

OFFLINE   parano1a #466

• 2,061 posts since
  • December 2003

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:50 PM

They support The Roar. Queenslanders just can't get into AFL and shouldn't have to just because the AFL wants them to.

Gold Coast Suns seem to be a lot more popular than the Titans NRL club however (Titans offered free entry to one of their recent games and still couldn't get more than 15k to turn up)

OFFLINE   thesundoesnotspit #467

• 90 posts since
  • October 2009

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:33 PM

How many Queenslanders watch Brisbane Roar on television?I wouldn't imagine their regular ratings would be that high either.

OFFLINE   duke #468

• 753 posts since
  • January 2007

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:11 PM

Gold Coast Suns seem to be a lot more popular than the Titans NRL club however (Titans offered free entry to one of their recent games and still couldn't get more than 15k to turn up)

No they didn't. They offered free tickets to those who had been sitting in General Admission seats at the previous home game when they lost.

And sitting there in Melbourne you have no idea about the popularity of any sport in Queensland as can be seen by your ratings predictions. The AFL is a distant fourth.

Edited by duke, 22 April 2012 - 08:12 PM.

OFFLINE   Matlock #469

• News Contributor

• 6,076 posts since
  • September 2011

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:13 PM

Roar is only popular (if one could call them that) because they can win. Even die-hard fans have admitted that to me. If the Lions could kick a footy straight every beergut in the city would be in the Gabba. Same with the Reds. As soon as the Roar/Reds begin to decline we'll be raving about NRL even more.

It's just what us typical Queenslanders do: follow the winner :D

Edited by tmorgan96, 22 April 2012 - 08:14 PM.

OFFLINE   Forty #470

• 237 posts since
  • April 2007

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:24 PM

agreed, Queenslanders are bandwagoners. if their team is winning they will go watch. if not, bye bye.
there is alot of support through Qld for aussie rules, just not the Lions in general, most are southerners that have moved north and follow other sports. most of the ones i know watch paytv as they have better chance of seeing their southern team on paytv than fta.

OFFLINE   Googly #471

• 39 posts since
  • April 2012

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:37 PM

How many Queenslanders watch Brisbane Roar on television?I wouldn't imagine their regular ratings would be that high either.

A-League has trouble beating Simpsons repeats. Rarely did they pass 70k across the country, most of the ratings werent shown because the didnt make the top 10.

OFFLINE   thesundoesnotspit #472

• 90 posts since
  • October 2009

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:56 PM

A-League has trouble beating Simpsons repeats. Rarely did they pass 70k across the country, most of the ratings werent shown because the didnt make the top 10.

So basically,if they get less than 70k across the country,then the figure for Queensland must be significantly less than that,which backs up my argument that there can't be too many people watching the Roar on television in Queensland.

Roar is only popular (if one could call them that) because they can win. Even die-hard fans have admitted that to me. If the Lions could kick a footy straight every beergut in the city would be in the Gabba. Same with the Reds. As soon as the Roar/Reds begin to decline we'll be raving about NRL even more.

It's just what us typical Queenslanders do: follow the winner :D

That is so true.I lived in Brisbane during the years that the Lions were winning premierships,and i remember them regularly selling out the Gabba and getting respectable ratings on tv.Obviously support drops off when a team isn't doing well and the Lions haven't been doing well for a number of years now.Everyone likes to back a winner and Queenslanders are no different than anyone else in that sense.

Edited by thesundoesnotspit, 22 April 2012 - 08:57 PM.

OFFLINE   Johnson28 #473

• 2012 NRL Tipping Champion

• 11,076 posts since
  • October 2010

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:25 PM

From Mediaweek:

Sun FTA #AFL Seven/7mate 380k + 72k (Syd 50k Mel 248k Bris 22k Ade 75k Per 57k) #GameDay 174k Seven + 8k 7mate
Sun FTA Nine's Sunday football #NRL 478k + 39k (#Nine: Syd 316k Mel 18k Bri 128k Ade 9k Per 8k #GEM : Mel 25k Ade 2k Per 12k)

Edited by Johnson28, 23 April 2012 - 09:25 PM.

OFFLINE   ben78 #474

• 64 posts since
  • September 2010

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:02 PM

I reckon the adding of simulcasted figures from two separate channels on two separate media is an absolute joke

Added to that the adding of regional pay figures and no regional fta figures is statistically a disgrace.

How do they know it's not the same people flicking between fox footy and channel 7 during the ads

One person will still only buy 1 carton of beer

And remember NRL still has the chance to lay this sneaky little golden egg

They might simulcast the next que clash on sbs I view Espn setanta Xbox live apple tv boxee t box
Fix play. And add them all together

And yes it will still suck

OFFLINE   thesundoesnotspit #475

• 90 posts since
  • October 2009

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:46 PM

I reckon the adding of simulcasted figures from two separate channels on two separate media is an absolute joke

Added to that the adding of regional pay figures and no regional fta figures is statistically a disgrace.

How do they know it's not the same people flicking between fox footy and channel 7 during the ads

One person will still only buy 1 carton of beer

And remember NRL still has the chance to lay this sneaky little golden egg

They might simulcast the next que clash on sbs I view Espn setanta Xbox live apple tv boxee t box
Fix play. And add them all together

And yes it will still suck

Why is it a joke?People are watching the same game at the same time on different channels,they're not being counted twice.I'm sure if the N.R.L was simulcast on Foxtel,you and other league fans here would insist on the total figure being reported,not just the free to air figures.

Edited by thesundoesnotspit, 24 April 2012 - 12:48 PM.

OFFLINE   duke #476

• 753 posts since
  • January 2007

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:03 PM

<p>They are saying it's a joke because regional ratings for every AFL game are being included with metro. AFL supporters condemn regional ratings as AFL doesn't rate well regionally so therefore never accept the figures given for NRL games from sources like Think TV.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Now these same people are quite happy to add the regional STV numbers in for every game and then start championing themselves saying &quot;record ratings round&quot;.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So they are comparing previous years metro ratings with combined metro and regional ratings for this year.</p>

OFFLINE   duke #477

• 753 posts since
  • January 2007

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:05 PM

over 600k watched the Anzac test in regional markets according to crikey.

Apparently these people don't count if you ask AFL supporters.

OFFLINE   duke #478

• 753 posts since
  • January 2007

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:19 PM

http://www.thinktv.c...2016%202012.pdf

617,000 to be precise.

Great figures but according to AFL supporters advertisers don't care about those numbers and it's all double counting so forget about them unless it's for STV. LOL

Edited by duke, 24 April 2012 - 01:21 PM.

OFFLINE   thesundoesnotspit #479

• 90 posts since
  • October 2009

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:21 PM

Just a simple question to the N.R.L types who always seem to dispute the figures when it doesn't suit their arguments.Wouldn't you add the free to air figures to pay tv figures if N.R.L games were simulcast on two networks?.If for example the N.R.L got 600k on channel nine and another 300k on Foxtel,,while 800k watched the A.F.L on Seven, wouldn't you add the two figures so that your code could 'beat' the figures for the A.F.L.Knowing how ultra competitive you are,i'd say that it is exactly what you would do.And yet when the A.F.L does it,it's not fair apparently.

OFFLINE   duke #480

• 753 posts since
  • January 2007

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:35 PM

It's the AFL types who dispute figures, not NRL supporters.

All of asudden certain regional figures have become accepted by AFL types but others are rubbish.

Edited by duke, 24 April 2012 - 02:37 PM.

Reply to this topic