Triple M Network (Metro)

• Please log in to reply
6674 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Radio_Expert #6201

• 635 posts since
  • January 2006

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:33 PM

Everything that Brian and FM104 has said is true. I have long deleted MMM from my presets. The last straw for me was when I had it playing in a public area with lots of young children nearby - and the b/fast team were talking about oral sex and the like. Not very appropriate at 8am in the morning.

I miss the old FM104 of the 90's. Back when they were a proper rock station! I can remember them playing 'Stereo' by The Watchmen, then Shimmer by Fuel or Everything You Want by Vertical Horizon. Then a few classics like Come Around by Mental as Anything, Department of Youth by Alice Cooper then something a bit random like The Ballad of John And Yoko by the Beatles.

Remember the old days of Sammy and Dean at Breakfast, Blood Sweat and Tears of an afternoon, The Harley Davidson Motorcycle Club (with Tony Moclair and Julian Schiller), proper music during the day (none of this talk rubbish), and the most part was live and local.

Later on we had other great programs, including my favourite 'Get This'. Ok I know Get This was mostly talk but it was very very well scripted and Richard Marsland (RIP), Tony Martin and Ed Kavalee worked very well together.

OFFLINE   Brianc68 #6202

• 1,244 posts since
  • June 2007

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:25 PM

Everything that Brian and FM104 has said is true. I have long deleted MMM from my presets. The last straw for me was when I had it playing in a public area with lots of young children nearby - and the b/fast team were talking about oral sex and the like. Not very appropriate at 8am in the morning.

I miss the old FM104 of the 90's. Back when they were a proper rock station! I can remember them playing 'Stereo' by The Watchmen, then Shimmer by Fuel or Everything You Want by Vertical Horizon. Then a few classics like Come Around by Mental as Anything, Department of Youth by Alice Cooper then something a bit random like The Ballad of John And Yoko by the Beatles.

Remember the old days of Sammy and Dean at Breakfast, Blood Sweat and Tears of an afternoon, The Harley Davidson Motorcycle Club (with Tony Moclair and Julian Schiller), proper music during the day (none of this talk rubbish), and the most part was live and local.

Later on we had other great programs, including my favourite 'Get This'. Ok I know Get This was mostly talk but it was very very well scripted and Richard Marsland (RIP), Tony Martin and Ed Kavalee worked very well together.

Yep I miss all that too, but I miss the 104 from the late 80s most of all.

I've finally given up and deleted them from my presets - after 27 odd years! It's kind of liberating :-) Oh, and don't get too comfortable 97.3, you're next! LOL

OFFLINE   finetuneit #6203

• 137 posts since
  • August 2006

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:45 PM

Yes, with the takeover of Austereo by media giant Southern Cross, the axing of the Cage and a new format (active rock - a US/Canadian format) MMM has no longer the appeal to me that it had from 05' to 10'. And the ratings are no where what they used to be.

With a harder edged format gone is Joel, Simply Red, Elton John, ELO, Pat Benatar, Spandau Ballet, Thompson Twins, Mike And The Mechanics etc etc. Gone is the 80s lunchhour and Cold 30, pretty much everything that was successful during those five years at the top in Brisbane has dissapeared.

While I welcome a change of format with a faster growing/changing lifestyle I reckon it was a mistake to drop all those artists that we all grew up with in the 70s and 80s.

And you can see who's number one in Brisbane presently - 97FM, who just happen to play most of the music MMM dropped!

Wow, so 5MMM are the only ones playing that stuff now...?

OFFLINE   mattrobts #6204

• 4,472 posts since
  • December 2004

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:46 AM

Merrick Watts will be joined by Rachel Corbett & Julian Schiller.

OFFLINE   -David- #6205

• 3,973 posts since
  • September 2008

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:08 AM

Finally a regular female on Triple M Weekdays

Ten News

Wake Up || Studio 10 || Ten News at Five || The Project || Ten Late News || The Bolt Report || Meet the Press

OFFLINE   far_side_of_crazy #6206

• 113 posts since
  • November 2009

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:01 PM

Schiller escapes from Adelaide!

OFFLINE   mal #6207

• 1,222 posts since
  • March 2006

Posted 18 February 2012 - 07:15 PM

Heard a promo for today on RadioWest, doesn't sound to bad. Hope it's good!

OFFLINE   Mark #6208

• 16,178 posts since
  • July 2005
  • Location:all over the Hunter and Central Coast, and sometimes in Taree

Posted 18 February 2012 - 07:24 PM

geez you're slow mate :P

Posted 24 November 2011 - 07:20 PM

Julian Schiller and Rachel Corbett are likely to be a part of the new Merrick show, which will air from February 27.

OFFLINE   -David- #6209

• 3,973 posts since
  • September 2008

Posted 18 February 2012 - 07:33 PM

That Rachel chick gets tossed around a lot

Ten News

Wake Up || Studio 10 || Ten News at Five || The Project || Ten Late News || The Bolt Report || Meet the Press

OFFLINE   Matlock #6210

• News Contributor

• 6,080 posts since
  • September 2011

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:15 PM

David, how many times have you changed your display picture today? There was one of Ten News, Peter Overton and now a big red Seven.

OFFLINE   -David- #6211

• 3,973 posts since
  • September 2008

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:40 PM

David, how many times have you changed your display picture today? There was one of Ten News, Peter Overton and now a big red Seven.

I'm just seeing what fits and what doesn't! :laugh:

Ten News

OFFLINE   Matlock #6212

• News Contributor

• 6,080 posts since
  • September 2011

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:12 PM

Glad to see you've stopped on Sheldon.

OFFLINE   timmy #6213

• 99 posts since
  • November 2007

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:25 PM

is there a reason why the show has taken so long to start up
and with the show being networked i hope they play the same music across the network

OFFLINE   trentcs #6214

• 189 posts since
  • July 2009

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:45 PM

A 'gardening' clause with Nova which doesn't expire until the 27th of Feb.

Edited by trentcs, 19 February 2012 - 02:46 PM.

OFFLINE   Radio_Expert #6215

• 635 posts since
  • January 2006

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:16 PM

Same reason that Wil Anderson took so long to come over to Triple M.

Sounds like it might be a decent show....I'm willing to give it a listen and give it some time.

OFFLINE   mal #6216

• 1,222 posts since
  • March 2006

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:35 PM

is there a reason why the show has taken so long to start up
and with the show being networked i hope they play the same music across the network

From what I'm told, the music will be different depending on what Triple M / Lovalworks you listen to

OFFLINE   Mark #6217

• 16,178 posts since
  • July 2005
  • Location:all over the Hunter and Central Coast, and sometimes in Taree

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:56 PM

Australia’s 2012 drive home is about to get a whole lot more entertaining with Triple M’s Merrick & The Highway Patrol launching weekdays from Monday 27 February.

Expect the ride of your life as radio favourite and classic funnyman Merrick Watts joins the Triple M network with on-air pros Rachel Corbett and Julian Schiller by his side to deliver a show that celebrates raw Aussie humour.

Merrick & The Highway Patrol is set to be broadcast on Triple M across Southern Cross Austereo’s metro and Localworks stations so tune in wherever in the country you are to be taken down the road of the unexpected.

Merrick & The Highway Patrol can be heard in prime time drive on Triple M Sydney and Brisbane from 4-6pm. This builds on the ratings success of breakfast show The Grill Team with Matty Johns, Mark Geyer and Gus Worland in Sydney, as well as Triple M Brisbane’s new number one start to the day, The Grill Team with Marto, Pete and Michelle.

The show will also feature in Melbourne from 6-8pm, plus in Adelaide and around the country on Southern Cross Austereo’s regional network from 5-7pm.

Merrick, Rach and Jules said, “We’ll be going full throttle with the hazard lights on and we’re hoping all of Australia joins the convoy that is the Highway Patrol on Triple M. We’re the fried dim sim in the bain marie of life, you know we’re a little bit wrong but we’re just what you need to get you home.”

Craig Bruce, Head of Content for Southern Cross Austereo said, “We’re so excited about this new show. I’m confident that Merrick and the Highway Patrol will quickly become one of the funniest shows on Australian radio. Listeners from Brisbane to Bunbury and just about everywhere in-between are about to get a genuine laugh on their way home.”

Merrick & The Highway Patrol comes to Triple M from Monday 27 February 2012. Catch up with the latest at www.triplem.com.au

Join the pursuit of Merrick & The Highway Patrol on your local Triple M station (Mix in Perth):

4-6pm: 104.9FM Sydney and 104.5FM Brisbane

5-7pm: 104.7FM Adelaide and Triple M Localworks regionally

6-8pm: 105.1FM Melbourne

10-12pm: Mix 94.5FM Perth

OFFLINE   timmy #6218

• 99 posts since
  • November 2007

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:34 PM

so melbourne doesnt take the dave gleeson show

OFFLINE   Radio_Expert #6219

• 635 posts since
  • January 2006

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:19 PM

Will it be replayed into Melbourne? Or will Melbourne get their own version of the show live. Looks as though Mix in Perth will get a replayed version from the night before??

OFFLINE   Sub #6220

• 1,377 posts since
  • June 2008

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:38 PM

My guess is it will be the same material on all stations. Triple M will do the same as what they do with The Rock Show... which is the same as what MixFM does with Ryan Seacrest.

It is recorded in one hit and then edited to suit each market (so I'm guessing Merrick will say 'Triple M', 'Mix94.5' or GOLDFM, etc. depending on the market).

... You can always tell when things like, "It's The Rock Show with Dave Gleeson on Triple M" have been edited in at the end of a mic break ...