• 652 posts since
  • January 2006

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:19 PM

And Peaches by Presidents of the USA

OFFLINE   far_side_of_crazy #6242

• 113 posts since
  • November 2009

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:15 PM

Really impressed with MMM's track selection this afternoon. :yes: ACDC and Cold Chisel really makes for great listening, especially when JJJ is playing deathmetal :yuck:

Great! :irked: Just what we need more of on Radio, Cold Chisel and AC/DC...... Spare me......

No, I just had an idea why don't we get all FM Radio stations to flog Cold Chisel, Jimmy Barnes, Midnight Oil and AC/DC..... Sorry I forgot..... That already happens.....

Edited by far_side_of_crazy, 17 April 2012 - 03:15 PM.

OFFLINE   Brianc68 #6243

• 1,267 posts since
  • June 2007

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:18 AM

Great! :irked: Just what we need more of on Radio, Cold Chisel and AC/DC...... Spare me......

No, I just had an idea why don't we get all FM Radio stations to flog Cold Chisel, Jimmy Barnes, Midnight Oil and AC/DC..... Sorry I forgot..... That already happens.....

Hehe so true.

I've given up on mainstream FM radio completely. Only listen to rebel, breeze, river 949 and occasionally 96five.

OFFLINE   Matlock #6244

• News Contributor

• 6,183 posts since
  • September 2011

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:33 AM

Hehe so true.

I've given up on mainstream FM radio completely. Only listen to rebel, breeze, river 949 and occasionally 96five.

b105 and Nova are just shocking, I know. I've retreated to JJJ but MMM does make a good alternative IMO. River 949 occasionally have good music, but 96five is far too tame for my interests.
my :twocents: if anyone cares...

Edited by tmorgan96, 18 April 2012 - 11:34 AM.

OFFLINE   roosterboy60 #6245

• 245 posts since
  • January 2006

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:47 AM

Agree with the thinking about ACDC and Chisel - they need to cut more of that. They still seem obsessed with the two bands and while every now and again is fine, it's going against the station's new sound really.

Which I just wanted to comment on. 2MMM is sounding probably the best it's sounded in the last decade or so. They have expanded the playlist to such an extent that you can listen for more than thirsty minutes at a time! And they aren't playing the obvious songs either. Still think they could do with a bit more 90's in the playlist but I'm very happy to be listening to them at the moment. Hope they keep it up!

OFFLINE   mal #6246

• 1,222 posts since
  • March 2006

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:23 PM

Agree with the thinking about ACDC and Chisel - they need to cut more of that. They still seem obsessed with the two bands and while every now and again is fine, it's going against the station's new sound really.

Which I just wanted to comment on. 2MMM is sounding probably the best it's sounded in the last decade or so. They have expanded the playlist to such an extent that you can listen for more than thirsty minutes at a time! And they aren't playing the obvious songs either. Still think they could do with a bit more 90's in the playlist but I'm very happy to be listening to them at the moment. Hope they keep it up!

They need to play I think it's 15 or 20% aus music, you will never not here chisel or ACDC on Triple M while this rule is in play

OFFLINE   Matlock #6247

• News Contributor

• 6,183 posts since
  • September 2011

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:03 AM

They need to play I think it's 15 or 20% aus music, you will never not here chisel or ACDC on Triple M while this rule is in play

'Beds are Burning' was the first thing I heard yesterday arvo when I turned the radio on. I somehow think this is a great rule- very little Aussie music is played on stations such as b105 or Nova. Then again, sorta clashes with their 'new music' rule.

Edited by tmorgan96, 22 April 2012 - 09:08 AM.

OFFLINE   dk32 #6248

• 2,670 posts since
  • October 2003

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:02 AM

In terms of the new drive/night shows, I haven't heard much of Merrick's show, but for me, Dave Gleeson's show is a bit of let down in that it's not even live.. and that the version of this program that airs on 'Localworks' stations plays completely different music for me detracts from the 'integrity' of the program. I think it has the potential to be a very good 'serious' music program if it was done properly.

OFFLINE   mal #6249

• 1,222 posts since
  • March 2006

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:33 AM

'Beds are Burning' was the first thing I heard yesterday arvo when I turned the radio on. I somehow think this is a great rule- very little Aussie music is played on stations such as b105 or Nova. Then again, sorta clashes with their 'new music' rule.

Not sure about B105 but I know other Today stations used to run blocks of Aussie music in less listened to day parts (Monday-Thursday 10pm-Midnight, 6-8am Saturday and Sunday mornings) to make sure they play 25%. I believe Radar (now on 10-midnight Monday-Thursday) plays a fair chunk of Aussie music.

Nova play a lot of Aussie music between 10 and Midnight as well.

Triple M don't do this as much, so they need to play aus rock that fits the format across the day, that's why ACDC, Chisel, Midnight Oil get flogged
I will say that I am enjoying Triple M more now than I have in a long time!

OFFLINE   Radio_Expert #6250

• 652 posts since
  • January 2006

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:08 PM

Triple M Brisbane are doing 'the wheel of countdowns' this week. Monday we had deceased artists and today we had all america artists. Sadly, still alot of double ups between today and yesterday :( but its been good for something different.

OFFLINE   FM104RocksBrisbane #6251

• 119 posts since
  • December 2007

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:14 PM

Absolutely terrific two weeks of music on 4MMM. Loved it how they didn't stick to their current format (active rock) but played stuff like Falco, A-Ha, Deep Purple, Michael Jackson and everything in between. Pretty much all the stuff that took MMM to the top of the ratings between 2005-2010.

OFFLINE   Matlock #6252

• News Contributor

• 6,183 posts since
  • September 2011

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:19 PM

Absolutely terrific two weeks of music on 4MMM. Loved it how they didn't stick to their current format (active rock) but played stuff like Falco, A-Ha, Deep Purple, Michael Jackson and everything in between. Pretty much all the stuff that took MMM to the top of the ratings between 2005-2010.

Could not agree more. It's the only station I am willing to listen to other than JJJ. Tons of Aussie music in the playlist too.

The Ruck is a great show too :thumbsup:

OFFLINE   Mark #6253

• 16,306 posts since
  • July 2005
  • Location:all over the Hunter and Central Coast, and sometimes in Taree

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:58 PM

Maroon will be back on 2MMM from 1pm tomorrow after being axed at Soft Cock 95.3

OFFLINE   Barnseys Ballbag #6254

• 4 posts since
  • May 2012

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:59 PM

I have been a lifelong listener to 2MMM, but it has totally lost its way. What does the station stand for anymore? Is it a league station, a rock station or light entertainment station?

OFFLINE   Brianc68 #6255

• 1,267 posts since
  • June 2007

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:27 PM

I have been a lifelong listener to 2MMM, but it has totally lost its way. What does the station stand for anymore? Is it a league station, a rock station or light entertainment station?

Same for me with 4MMM. All the sport and entertainment shows and talking are not why I listen to the radio. Only Rebel and Breeze offer what I want to listen to. And I don't think I'm that unusual. Wish Triple M would concentrate on music, and become like Absolute Radio in the UK.

OFFLINE   Nickatnights #6256

• 770 posts since
  • May 2010

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:39 AM

I was listening to the 2MMM breakfast show this morning. Spoonman used to sound cool and alternative. Now he is sounding "up himself" and arrogant.

Does anyone else agree?
Posted Image

OFFLINE   Sportsguy #6257

• 99 posts since
  • July 2006

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:15 AM

I was listening to the 2MMM breakfast show this morning. Spoonman used to sound cool and alternative. Now he is sounding "up himself" and arrogant.

Does anyone else agree?

Spoonman for me has always sounded like that IMO. He never has any research for his comments only his personal views. He was good late night................
I fought you, I lost, I had a drink, I took a shower. 'Cause that's how it is in the NBA. You know what I do when I win? Two drinks

OFFLINE   Brianc68 #6258

• 1,267 posts since
  • June 2007

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:02 AM

Spoonman for me has always sounded like that IMO. He never has any research for his comments only his personal views. He was good late night................

Agree, except I don't even think he should be on late at night. IMO unreseached and uninformed comment is dangerous.

Edited by Brianc68, 10 May 2012 - 11:03 AM.

OFFLINE   utaussiefan #6259

• 223 posts since
  • October 2007

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:34 PM

As quoted in The Advertiser in Adelaide 5MMM is extending The Rush Hour now to air 3-6pm, moving The Highway Patrol to another time slot.

OFFLINE   TV_Expert #6260

• 8,416 posts since
  • August 2004

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:36 PM

According to Radio Today, 2MMM in Sydney will be launching a new Saturday afternoon NRL show called 'The Offload', starting from this weekend. It will air at 12-3pm Saturdays during the NRL season, straight after Dead Set Legends, and will be anchored by Anthony Maroon.
TV_Expert - Now clocked 1,500 posts & still counting!