Big Brother

Nine Network Big Brother: Secrets

• Please log in to reply
2002 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Reuder7 #21

• 20,038 posts since
  • February 2005

Posted 10 September 2011 - 12:06 AM

Any idea on where the house will be? The dreamworld facility is a complete ruin atm and is used for dreamworlds storage.

I assume they'll go for something alittle cheaper, considering they're going out on a limb reviving it.

OFFLINE   jimbo #22

• 7,516 posts since
  • December 2007

Posted 10 September 2011 - 01:06 AM

I'm excited! Looking forward to having this back, was huuuge back in the day! If this, Celebrity Apprentice and The Voice can take off (or just 2 of those) they've got some solid franchises to use across the year.

OFFLINE   MillerT1 #23

• 1,320 posts since
  • October 2009

Posted 10 September 2011 - 02:00 AM

It's good to see that Nine are taking some risks next year. We've seen with Big Bang Theory and Top Gear repeats that not taking risks is not very good. Yes it costs money. But you're not going to get anywhere if you don't try things.

OFFLINE   southernguy #24

• 1,389 posts since
  • August 2005

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:48 AM

I'm excited! Looking forward to having this back, was huuuge back in the day! If this, Celebrity Apprentice and The Voice can take off (or just 2 of those) they've got some solid franchises to use across the year.

I think it was just a matter of time. p.s bring back Gretel !!
southernguy

OFFLINE   rickie #25

• 281 posts since
  • October 2006

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:54 AM

They will probably screen it on both GO! and Nine. Nine for the main daily shows, noms and evictions and GO! for extra BB footage like an Up Late kind of show and an Uncut show. Thats how it worked on Channel 4 in the UK for years. Could do well if they create the old feel of the show and don't super cheap it. CBB returned on a different channel, FIVE, in the UK a few weeks ago, starting off well and lost half its audience, but still gave the channel some of its best ratings ever. So Nine could be on the right track here, especially with reality taking back off here in Aus.

OFFLINE   Genocyst #26

• Capture Contributor

• 4,214 posts since
  • January 2004

Posted 10 September 2011 - 08:22 AM

I assume they'll go for something alittle cheaper, considering they're going out on a limb reviving it.

Perhaps they will house them in the 9 Studio in Sydney as they are the kings of cross promotion.... it is much easier to cross promote when you have the participants wandering around the studio in the middle of the Today show in order to make breakfast for the day.

Or maybe link series with "The Block" - have them remodel the future Big Brother compound....

OFFLINE   rickie #27

• 281 posts since
  • October 2006

Posted 10 September 2011 - 08:38 AM

Or maybe link series with "The Block" - have them remodel the future Big Brother compound....

Don't give Nine any ideas...

OFFLINE   go_russ_go #28

• 1,019 posts since
  • January 2004

Posted 10 September 2011 - 08:52 AM

Dreamworld is too expensive and too far away from 9's base of operations in Sydney or Melbourne. If this rubbish is actually going to be made - then it has to be in a purpose built set in one of those two cities. The old Bendigo studios in Melbourne would have been perfect - so much unused studio space.
Hey - speaking of Bendigo St - what about Daryl Somers-Schultz as the host? "Coming soon - Daryl Somers hosts Big Brother with Daryl Somers". And he could have a secret too!
SPOILER ALERT - It's that he's an egomaniac.

OFFLINE   bettestreep2008 #29

• 314 posts since
  • July 2009

Posted 10 September 2011 - 10:23 AM

The only reason Big Brother tanked in it's final year on Ten was because of the woeful Kyle and Jackie O.

Gretel was the anchor of that show and Ten destroyed it when they dumped her.

Ideally Nine will hire her - and Mike Goldman - but I am guessing one of their "stars" will be the host.

Eddie? Jules Lund? Karl Stefanovic? Scott Cam? Shelley Craft? Hamish and Andy?

Any one of them will be as bad as Kyle and Jackie O were.

I'm putting a bet on Hamish and Andy though. Nine will have to get some return on the $15 million they wasted on the pair.

OFFLINE   underarm #30

• 2,184 posts since
  • February 2005

Posted 10 September 2011 - 10:44 AM

Dreamworld is too expensive and too far away from 9's base of operations in Sydney or Melbourne. If this rubbish is actually going to be made - then it has to be in a purpose built set in one of those two cities. The old Bendigo studios in Melbourne would have been perfect - so much unused studio space.
Hey - speaking of Bendigo St - what about Daryl Somers-Schultz as the host? "Coming soon - Daryl Somers hosts Big Brother with Daryl Somers". And he could have a secret too!
SPOILER ALERT - It's that he's an egomaniac.

I think it will be made in Melbourne because Nine only ever makes "made in Melbourne" promos (which are made in Sydney)

OFFLINE   Leostar #31

• 4,751 posts since
  • December 2007

Posted 10 September 2011 - 11:22 AM

Well that house at dreamworld does still exist according to nearmap.com. The ganes arena tarp thing has been removed, however the rest of the house seems to still exist.

But in terms of the scheduling I would put the launch and evictions on 9 and the daily shows and update etc on GO! Or just have update/games show (heaven forbid if it returns)

Edited by Leostar, 10 September 2011 - 11:39 AM.

OFFLINE   Tane04 #32

• 799 posts since
  • October 2004

Posted 10 September 2011 - 11:49 AM

One question: WHY?

OFFLINE   storm #33

• 75 posts since
  • August 2009

Posted 10 September 2011 - 11:52 AM

I hope there is nothing like the Friday night games thing as it was way more cringe worthy than the other shows.

OFFLINE   Big Dan #34

• 18,596 posts since
  • July 2003

Posted 10 September 2011 - 01:20 PM

Two things...

A ) Big Brother must have a more than adequate amount of female nudity to keep it in line with all the other seasons of BB.

B ) Don't bring back Gretel...or Kyle...or Jackie O.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Wake up and smell the maple nut crunch!
Follow me on Twitter at @bigdan1985

OFFLINE   easygoing777 #35

• 47 posts since
  • March 2011

Posted 10 September 2011 - 02:44 PM

A show for brain dead morons,on a channel run by the same,if McChins hosts it even more so, it should rate it socks off,why are we such a bunch of fools cant we think up anything better,or is the entire viewing audience consisting of people with an IQ of 8 and I am being generous with that

OFFLINE   SKaVeN #36

• 1,570 posts since
  • January 2005

Posted 10 September 2011 - 03:12 PM

Is it April 1?

In Season 1, one of my work colleagues asked for x months off to appear on 'a tv show' and was told no. He resigned(!), went on the show, bombed out and sadly achieved fame (and a new nickname) solely on the basis of the size of his appendage.

But I'll still watch it if/when it reappears ;)

No love for Gretel? :laugh:

Would that be a certain someone who also went to the Middle East to join some other Australians to be human shields & a few years after that committed suicide?

The only reason Big Brother tanked in it's final year on Ten was because of the woeful Kyle and Jackie O.

Gretel was the anchor of that show and Ten destroyed it when they dumped her.

My understanding was it was already tanking which is the reason why they replaced her. Gretel has her fans, I understand that. Couldn't stands the woman personally. Wasn't really a fan of watching her tell the live audience to "Shut up!" & her overt nepotism toward female house mates & rude, unnecessary contempt for the male house mates. Whatever personal issues she feels toward the male gender she should keep to herself, not while hosting the show & remember what hat she's wearing.

I agree Jackie & Kyle were worse but surely there's got to be other options then just either them or Gretel?
There are three types of people in this world; those who can count, & those who can't.

OFFLINE   Leostar #37

• 4,751 posts since
  • December 2007

Posted 10 September 2011 - 03:13 PM

Whos McChins?

I just have a bad feeling it will be shelly craft or Karl stefanovic....

Edited by Leostar, 10 September 2011 - 03:16 PM.

OFFLINE   MATTB #38

• 3,022 posts since
  • May 2009

Posted 10 September 2011 - 03:51 PM

I just have a bad feeling it will be shelly craft or Karl stefanovic....

Don't forget Eddie Mcguire.
Matt.B

OFFLINE   Rus92 #39

• 1,428 posts since
  • January 2009

Posted 10 September 2011 - 04:07 PM

They can't use those people for hosts, they need someone with a bit of an edge, who's good with all types of people, like how Gretel was, fantastic for this kind of show.

I was also thinking, if they were smart, they'd give it a 'jersey shore' type of edge to it, maybe let them go out of the house , to clubs and bars, let the drama unfold between them, have on screen cutaways of what the housemates are thinking and feeling and express it to the audience. I know it sort of the defeats the purpose of the entire original concept but I think, this time around it needs to be modernized and altered to fit in with todays audience. Who's to say people will tune in if its the exact, same old thing ?

OFFLINE   J Bar #40

• 15,025 posts since
  • May 2006

Posted 10 September 2011 - 10:39 PM

Nine wants to be the new Ten with a new version of Idol and a new version of BB? Next they'll have another "new" show called "MasterCook" and then "The 7pm Program". :tongue:

Edited by J Bar, 10 September 2011 - 10:42 PM.

J Bar

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Nine Network, Big Brother: Secrets