The Laxative Thread

Things that give U the shits

• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Big Dan #1

• 18,568 posts since
  • July 2003

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:10 PM

A thread for things that give you the shits...

Here's one...when certain members of my family eat the majority of dinner, including the vegetables, don't bother telling you that dinner is out and then expect you to clean up after them...why the hell should I? Get off your fat arse and do it for once...
Wake up and smell the maple nut crunch!
Follow me on Twitter at @bigdan1985

OFFLINE   jimbo #2

• 7,516 posts since
  • December 2007

Posted 08 November 2011 - 02:01 AM

Food in general gives me the 'shits' ;)

OFFLINE   Mark #3

• 16,246 posts since
  • July 2005
  • Location:all over the Hunter and Central Coast, and sometimes in Taree

Posted 08 November 2011 - 04:56 AM

being coeliac I can understand jimbo's issue :D

Things that give me the shits include people who don't obey rules, especially on the road.

OFFLINE   Swanny #4

• Retired Admin

• 4,337 posts since
  • April 2008

Posted 08 November 2011 - 12:55 PM

Things that give me the shits include people who don't obey rules, especially on the road.

I agree!

Sent from Tapatalk on the iPhone via the Pacific Motorway

OFFLINE   TJ. #5

• 10,723 posts since
  • June 2007

Posted 08 November 2011 - 01:40 PM

Cyclists on the road - riding two or even three a breast or just one in the lane so cars can't pass.

OFFLINE   Racer25 #6

• News Contributor

• 4,496 posts since
  • September 2008

Posted 08 November 2011 - 02:25 PM

Sent from Tapatalk on the iPhone via the Pacific Motorway

Hahaha, is that what I think it is Swanny?

OFFLINE   bacco007 #7

• Deputy Chief Administrator

• 9,178 posts since
  • February 2005

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:01 PM

Cyclists on the road - riding two or even three a breast or just one in the lane so cars can't pass.

I suggest you either keep that to yourself or only share it with people who arent cyclists - I ended up an pretty big argument with someone over this point exactly.

Cyclists are permitted to ride two abreast, but only if they are within a specified distance (at least in NSW)

OFFLINE   Reuder7 #8

• 20,037 posts since
  • February 2005

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:17 PM

I suggest you either keep that to yourself or only share it with people who arent cyclists - I ended up an pretty big argument with someone over this point exactly.

Cyclists are permitted to ride two abreast, but only if they are within a specified distance (at least in NSW)

What do you ride bacco?

OFFLINE   bacco007 #9

• Deputy Chief Administrator

• 9,178 posts since
  • February 2005

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:21 PM

I dont!

OFFLINE   Moe #10

• 8,402 posts since
  • August 2004

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:21 PM

My only problem with cyclists on the road is being nervous about passing them, I try perhaps too hard to get far away from them.

Biggest thing that shits me on the road is people who can't be bothered crossing at the lights, no matter how close they are. An amusing situation happened to me back in high school, there was a semi class trip, which essentially involved walking 500 metres down the road. On the way back, I was the only person out of a group of about 30 who walked the 50 metres to the lights to cross the road, everyone else cut across (including the teacher).

OFFLINE   TJ. #11

• 10,723 posts since
  • June 2007

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:23 PM

I don't have a problem when they stay in their bike lane. But I do when they ride directly on the line or creep into the regular traffic lanes.

OFFLINE   Ryan #12

• Senior Site Administrator

• 12,166 posts since
  • September 2005

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:47 PM

I always wonder why on earth cyclists elect to ride on the road when there's generally a perfectly good cycle path a literal stone's throw from the road. If I go out for a ride, I will go out of my way to avoid riding on any roads.

Cyclists do frustrate me when they choose to ride on the road, but don't stop for red lights and fail to give way at pedestrian crossings.
Ryan

Site Administrator

ryan@mediaspy.org

OFFLINE   bambbbam #13

• 4,128 posts since
  • March 2007

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:09 PM

Do the cyclists still do that Sydney Harbour Bridge pack ride at 5pm on a Friday night?

Used to really give me the shits!

OFFLINE   Reuder7 #14

• 20,037 posts since
  • February 2005

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:19 PM

I always wonder why on earth cyclists elect to ride on the road when there's generally a perfectly good cycle path a literal stone's throw from the road. If I go out for a ride, I will go out of my way to avoid riding on any roads.

Cyclists do frustrate me when they choose to ride on the road, but don't stop for red lights and fail to give way at pedestrian crossings.

I'm the same, but really, there aren't that many cycle ways, and what often happens is, you're on a cycle path and all of a sudden it just ends in the middle of nowhere, where you're then forced onto the road.

OFFLINE   jimbo #15

• 7,516 posts since
  • December 2007

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:52 PM

I'm the same, but really, there aren't that many cycle ways, and what often happens is, you're on a cycle path and all of a sudden it just ends in the middle of nowhere, where you're then forced onto the road.

There is a cycle path around my park, yet all that happens is pedestrians and their dogs decide to walk on it, rather than walk on the pedestrians path! Drives me mad when I go for a cycle.

And people that take their dogs for a walk yet don't put them on a leash, so the dogs just end up jumping in front of the bike! RAAARR

OFFLINE   Reuder7 #16

• 20,037 posts since
  • February 2005

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:03 PM

And people that take their dogs for a walk yet don't put them on a leash, so the dogs just end up jumping in front of the bike! RAAARR

I hate that, especially when I go out for a run. I don't know if the dog is going to get spooked by me coming up beside it or if it will start chasing me, and the owner seems totally blase about it.

Edited by Reuder7, 08 November 2011 - 10:04 PM.

OFFLINE   Mark #17

• 16,246 posts since
  • July 2005
  • Location:all over the Hunter and Central Coast, and sometimes in Taree

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:38 AM

the only good thing about cyclists is they can check the underside of your car for you when you run over the bastards. I hate them.

OFFLINE   dbrmuz #18

• 6,539 posts since
  • June 2009

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:22 PM

As a human being,I am appalled at the thought that it's fine to just run down other human beings,just because they're on a bike,and have possibly cost you 20 or 30 seconds of your obviously-precious time.

As a cyclist,one who has been deliberately run down,just because I was on a bike (well on the shoulder,OFF the actual road),I take great offence to being run down by some fat fuck in his 2-tonne car.Hardly a fair match for my (then) 70kg frame & sub-8kg bicycle.Are your 20 or 30 seconds really worth more than the LIFE of another human being? Even if you "only" injure them,what about the cyclists' time off work (lost income etc),or the emotional distress caused to them and/or their families?

I came across Media Spy whilst recovering from said "accident" (HA!),of which I now have one leg shorter than the other (nasty break,you see),as well as the probable brain damage that comes from rather nasty head injuries.I managed to nab a good description of the car too,but due to only being able to clearly recall four of the six characters from the number plate,well...there was no way the fuzz could positively ID the prick,was there? Perhaps his name was Mark from Maitland? :scratchchin:

So it absolutely shits me that a cyclists life is worth far less than a few seconds of inconvenience to some arsehole in a car.It also shits me that a supposedly intelligent MS member is on here actively encouraging the running down of other human beings.Go fuck yourself Spy Reporter.

EDIT:yes,I was wearing a helmet,Doesn't protect your face much though.

Edited by dbrmuz, 09 November 2011 - 08:37 PM.

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong

OFFLINE   Moe #19

• 8,402 posts since
  • August 2004

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:31 PM

As a cyclist,one who has been deliberately run down,just because I was on a bike (well on the shoulder,OFF the actual road),

Anything happen to the driver?

OFFLINE   dbrmuz #20

• 6,539 posts since
  • June 2009

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:35 PM

Anything happen to the driver?

Oh,he probably got pissed at having to wipe the scratches off his car.Then got pissed again having a few laughs at my expense.I apparently didn't "provide enough information" for a positive ID.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong