Kerri-Anne Kennerley

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Hear It First #41

• 352 posts since
  • October 2011

Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:35 PM

Does anyone know what Jamie (sorry don't know his last name) is doing now? Is he going to be apart of the new show?

OFFLINE   jimbo #42

• 7,516 posts since
  • December 2007

Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:58 PM

Does anyone know what Jamie (sorry don't know his last name)

Jamie Malcolm

OFFLINE   tbop #43

• 1,789 posts since
  • March 2011

Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:07 PM

Does anyone know what Jamie (sorry don't know his last name) is doing now? Is he going to be apart of the new show?

I never understood the point of him being there.

I hope they use KAK lots. For everything. Flood the market lol. Stick it to 9 and let her have the reception she deserves.

But thats just me :P

OFFLINE   jimbo #44

• 7,516 posts since
  • December 2007

Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:09 PM

I never understood the point of him being there.

He was just a sidekick to partake in discussion, do some infomercials etc.

OFFLINE   J Bar #45

• 14,373 posts since
  • May 2006

Posted 08 January 2012 - 10:24 PM

I reckon Seven will give her a nice annual paycheck to do nothing. Just so she can't go running to Ten or even back to Nine. Basically like what Nine does with Bert...

I don't think they need to pay her annual paycheque just to do nothing. Seven wouldn't really care if she went back to Nine the following year. Nine already dumped her so they wouldn't find something else for her to do. The only reason they'd want her back would be if Sonia and David flopped spectacularly and tehy were desperate to have her back.

The only time networks sign up a big name star and warehouse them is when they want to damage a successful show. Like when Seven poached Dicko in the 00s to damage hugely successful Australian idol or when Nine poached Greg Evans from the hugely successful Perfect Match in the 80s.

It's not quite the same with Kerri-Anne. This has more to do with making Seven look good for signing up someone that Nine has wronged and making them look bad.

Edited by J Bar, 08 January 2012 - 10:28 PM.

J Bar

OFFLINE   NewsWeary #46

• Forum Moderator

• 3,581 posts since
  • October 2009

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:57 PM

In her first interview since leaving Nine, KAK declares "I was glad to leave sinking ship at Nine" in tomorrow's Sunday Telegraph.

She is a confirmed starter for DWTS and will front a prime time show for Seven later this year.

Edited by NewsWeary, 11 February 2012 - 09:31 PM.

OFFLINE   seanie #47

• 2,444 posts since
  • July 2008

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:33 PM

More from Michael Idato's twitter:

Michael Idato @michaelidato

#kak compares Channel 9 to Costa Concordia: "they veer off course, hit the rocks, sink .. and the captain gets off first." Ouch. #dwts

OFFLINE   MillerT1 #48

• 1,320 posts since
  • October 2009

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:48 PM

I'm glad she's picking on them. Nine really deserve it, especially from her.

OFFLINE   NewsWeary #49

• Forum Moderator

• 3,581 posts since
  • October 2009

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:15 PM

I'm glad she's picking on them. Nine really deserve it, especially from her.

She's trying not to be bitter but you can tell she's pissed at the way things went down. Rightly so.

OFFLINE   MillerT1 #50

• 1,320 posts since
  • October 2009

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:52 PM

She's trying not to be bitter but you can tell she's pissed at the way things went down. Rightly so.

I really cannot believe that no one from Nine told her. It truly makes them look like complete cowards.

OFFLINE   tbop #51

• 1,789 posts since
  • March 2011

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:53 PM

Agreed.

OFFLINE   J Bar #52

• 14,373 posts since
  • May 2006

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:10 AM

She'll be getting her own prime-time show on Seven.

I was glad to be leaving a sinking ship at Nine, says Kerri-Anne Kennerley

http://www.dailytele...9-1226268663956
J Bar

OFFLINE   -David- #53

• 3,967 posts since
  • September 2008

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:19 AM

It also mentions hosts and presents story's for weekend sunrise. I'd watch it to see her host with a team again.

Ten News

Wake Up || Studio 10 || Ten News at Five || The Project || Ten Late News || The Bolt Report || Meet the Press

OFFLINE   jimbo #54

• 7,516 posts since
  • December 2007

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:33 PM

All pretty sour from KAK. Sorry KAK, your show stopped rating good...

OFFLINE   TelevisionAU #55

• Forum Administrator

• 11,091 posts since
  • November 2005

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:40 PM

I don't think she's denying that ratings weren't good, but rather the way she was treated by the network. She had control of the show taken away from her and the show sunk, yet she is the one shown the door and in this instance in an ungracious manner.

You work with someone - whether it's 9 year or for 9 months - and it's not unreasonable to be treated with some respect when you're being shown the door. Finding out that you've lost your job by reading the newspapers is not gracious treatment at all. And Nine did the same to Bert back in the 1980s, the first he found out about his sacking was when he was approached by a TV Week reporter for his reaction.

Showbusiness is harsh, we all know that, but it doesn't mean people can't be treated with some respect.

OFFLINE   Hear It First #56

• 352 posts since
  • October 2011

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:54 PM

I don't think she's denying that ratings weren't good, but rather the way she was treated by the network. She had control of the show taken away from her and the show sunk, yet she is the one shown the door and in this instance in an ungracious manner.

You work with someone - whether it's 9 year or for 9 months - and it's not unreasonable to be treated with some respect when you're being shown the door. Finding out that you've lost your job by reading the newspapers is not gracious treatment at all. And Nine did the same to Bert back in the 1980s, the first he found out about his sacking was when he was approached by a TV Week reporter for his reaction.

Showbusiness is harsh, we all know that, but it doesn't mean people can't be treated with some respect.

Television AU I could not have put it better myself. No matter what industry you are in, respect is something all deserve and should be given.

OFFLINE   joshie_j #57

• 293 posts since
  • July 2011

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:04 PM

Personally I think Kerri-Anne is way too overrated. Yes, I agree her shows' demise was handled disgracefully, but I've always thought of Kerri-Anne as a very false person, and loathed her show. Everyone puts Sonia Kruger down for her fake smiles but Kerri-Anne wasn't much better. Good on her though for taking all this in her stride.

OFFLINE   Mark #58

• 16,087 posts since
  • July 2005
  • Location:all over the Hunter and Central Coast, and sometimes in Taree

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:16 PM

firstly, I love KAK. She was treated like shit. But to say she's not bitter, and then give 3-4 paragraphs of bitterness over it, is just freaking hilarious.

She's gone to the retirement home for TV people now. Network Seven.

OFFLINE   Squee! #59

• Forum Moderator

• 10,924 posts since
  • December 2005

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:25 PM

very bitter.

Whatever her prime-time show will be, its almost destined to fail I'd imagine.

OFFLINE   J Bar #60

• 14,373 posts since
  • May 2006

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:29 PM

The

All pretty sour from KAK. Sorry KAK, your show stopped rating good...

Personally I think Kerri-Anne is way too overrated. Yes, I agree her shows' demise was handled disgracefully, but I've always thought of Kerri-Anne as a very false person, and loathed her show. Everyone puts Sonia Kruger down for her fake smiles but Kerri-Anne wasn't much better.

The Nine fanboys suddenly turn on KAK now that she has defected, :laugh:
J Bar