Today Network (Metro)

• Please log in to reply
2271 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   dirtydog #1541

• 468 posts since
  • February 2006

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:40 PM

Switched on the show for the first time ever today and found out about "bulbing". I am off to woolworths to get high. Thanks Kyle and $o. More tips please.

OFFLINE   Fabs06 #1542

• 50 posts since
  • May 2009

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:35 PM

Yes, you are right but we dont listen. But they do not desrve to be on they airwaves if they pollute it with the abuse of others. Quite frankly, we cant just turn to the other channel because it annoys me and many others thay they are on the air in the first place. They do not deserve to get on there and abuse people at their will. You and many others may be listening in terms of ratings but as I said before if the advertisers wont pay to advertise on their show SCA cannot afford to keep them on the air. They are a highrating but toxic brand which is lossing money and thereofre there is no justifcation to keep these talentless hacks on on the air.

Talentess hacks? They are tried and tested stars of radio. They have lasted for a long time in an industry where many do not, consistently pulling big ratings in every timeslot they have been in. 2day fm's breakfast ratings were awful when they took on the slot and they turned them around.
They clearly have mass appeal. Surely that's one of the most important things in commercial radio.

Why does it annoy you so much that they are on the air? There are a lot of people in the media that I don't like/ agree with, but that doesn't mean I think that they shouldn't be on the air. I simply don't listen to them. I don't condone the offensive comments that Kyle has made, but people that don't even listen to the show bullying companies so that they won't advertise on the show is ridiculous. (because it's not the listeners who have a problem, if they did they wouldn't still be listening).

If the show does get pulled of the air it will be because of people pushing this anti- K&J agenda and I will be one of the thousands of listeners who will be disappointed.

OFFLINE   cmo #1543

• 6,069 posts since
  • March 2007

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:49 PM

But they are not making any money. So you cant justify their existance on ratings alone. In my opinion they are talentless. They offer nothing to society. I really dont care if people like to listen to them. They just need to go away. People are sick of their crude and toxic behaviour.

To reiterate...ratings are not enough. They need to generate income to justify their huge salaries. If the maths doesnt work they have to go.

Yes advertisers are getting bullied to withdraw their sponsorship and rightly so. Brands cant be associated with the bad press that Vile and Tacky O generate. SCA better watch themselves becuase eventually advertisers will disappear across the entire 2dayfm schedule.

Edited by cmo, 27 January 2012 - 10:49 PM.

OFFLINE   Big Dan #1544

• 18,568 posts since
  • July 2003

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:03 PM

I'm surprised the shareholders haven't told them to sack those two clowns. It's their bottom line that will be the big losers with all the sponsors jumping off.
Wake up and smell the maple nut crunch!
Follow me on Twitter at @bigdan1985

OFFLINE   Mark #1545

• 16,244 posts since
  • July 2005
  • Location:all over the Hunter and Central Coast, and sometimes in Taree

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:36 AM

I agree that Smith and Jones should be off air...but the difference is they have shows that companies want to advertise on. They are vile human beings with some extreme right wing agenda and collectively jizz at the sight of Tony Abbott, however, they are making money for 2gb and not losing it. Hadley is good on the football but should not talk about politics. Indeed that whole station deserves to be shot. But again they make alot of money.

People might be listening to Vile and Tack O but they are losing money for SCA. So they should be off air. Simple as that.

think about this for a second...

K&J rate. Simple.

The advertisers leave K&J.. fine.

The station axes K&J and its likely ratings would suffer, not just in breakfast but across all dayparts, which then in turn causes advertisers to leave across the whole day or have ads at discounted or lower rates.

2Day loses either way.

Their answer is simple... stick to their guns and maintain the breakfast ratings. If you rate, there will always be businesses that will advertise because they're in it for the dollar/profit as well.

OFFLINE   Bulldogs #1546

• 215 posts since
  • May 2008

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:01 AM

Spot on Mark

OFFLINE   Reuder7 #1547

• 20,037 posts since
  • February 2005

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:04 AM

Their answer is simple... stick to their guns and maintain the breakfast ratings. If you rate, there will always be businesses that will advertise because they're in it for the dollar/profit as well.

Agree. As much as I don't like Kyle and Jackie O, from a ratings point of view, they are a force on the airwaves. This advertiser 'boycott' will pass, the only one really losing is them.
On another point, I don't think you can put Kyle in the same category as the extremist of AM talkback. Kyle is morning 'entertainment', there's really no political agenda being pushed, compared to AM's extremist preachings!

Edited by Reuder7, 28 January 2012 - 09:10 AM.

OFFLINE   Big Dan #1548

• 18,568 posts since
  • July 2003

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:58 PM

The only way you can get rid of Vile and Jackie Ho would be a well placed sniper in and around World Square with no one about. :ph34r: :laugh:
Wake up and smell the maple nut crunch!
Follow me on Twitter at @bigdan1985

OFFLINE   -Mark- #1549

• 266 posts since
  • April 2007

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:37 PM

Good. I really hope "Vile & Tacky O" get the sack. I really loathe them, their breakfast show and 2DAYFM with a passion. Of course, I doubt ACMA will give them the six or seven figure fine they deserve or better yet, suspend or pull the plug on 2DAY or even both of SCA's Sydney licences, but I can dream? Right?

Yep, I'm right with you on that one, I can't say in words how much I loathe Vile and Tacky, and 2Day. pull both 2MMM and 2DAY, be interesting to see what kind of stations would take there place. :) :) :)

The only way you can get rid of Vile and Jackie Ho would be a well placed sniper in and around World Square with no one about. :ph34r: :laugh:

Ha hahahahahaha :) I can imagine the news-story breaking too. :)

This is considering what 2Day once was 30 years ago. :(

Edited by -Mark-, 28 January 2012 - 04:39 PM.

Pure 70s 80s 90s Retro:  http://www.2prfm.com

OFFLINE   TV_Expert #1550

• 8,376 posts since
  • August 2004

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:05 PM

According to Jock's Journal, Will McMahon & Woody Whitelaw ("Will & Woody") have been signed by SCA to host their own national weekend show on the Austereo network. Unsure if it will also include its regional stations (Sea, Star, Hot).
TV_Expert - Now clocked 1,500 posts & still counting!

OFFLINE   Matlock #1551

• News Contributor

• 6,134 posts since
  • September 2011

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:07 PM

B105 is utter rubbish. Can't stand listening to it. Are all the other affiliates (right word?) this bad?

Edited by tmorgan96, 30 January 2012 - 07:08 PM.

OFFLINE   SydneyCityTV #1552

• 6,552 posts since
  • November 2011

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:14 PM

I'm pretty sure B105 is a SCA O&O, not an affiliate. And yes, I wouldn't put 2DAYFM on my recommended Sydney radio station list. Can't stand listening to it. It might be Sydney's #1 Hit Music Station, (Yes, 2DAY's current slogan) but it's nowhere near #1 in my books.

Edited by SydneyCityTV, 30 January 2012 - 07:14 PM.

OFFLINE   TV_Expert #1553

• 8,376 posts since
  • August 2004

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:20 PM

I wouldn't put 2DAYFM on my recommended Sydney radio station list. Can't stand listening to it. It might be Sydney's #1 Hit Music Station, (Yes, 2DAY's current slogan) but it's nowhere near #1 in my books.

I'm with you on this. The same goes for all SCA 'Hit Music' stations, both metro & regional.

OFFLINE   mal #1554

• 1,222 posts since
  • March 2006

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:25 AM

B105 is utter rubbish. Can't stand listening to it. Are all the other affiliates (right word?) this bad?

B105 is the rockiest if the today stations

OFFLINE   Mark #1555

• 16,244 posts since
  • July 2005
  • Location:all over the Hunter and Central Coast, and sometimes in Taree

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:34 AM

B105 is the rockiest if the today stations

bull. NX is. Newcastle's a rock town, and NX is more rocky than any other Today station.

OFFLINE   PZ. #1556

• Senior Forum Moderator

• 7,722 posts since
  • August 2007

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:39 AM

I would have thought the Canberra station... 104.7 was the rockiest? Haven't heard it for a while though.

OFFLINE   TV_Expert #1557

• 8,376 posts since
  • August 2004

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:52 AM

I would have thought the Canberra station... 104.7 was the rockiest? Haven't heard it for a while though.

104.7 was indeed the rockiest of the Today Network stations. In fact, up until the end of 2005, it sounded more like Triple M than 2Day! :o

OFFLINE   dano33 #1558

• 168 posts since
  • June 2008

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:01 PM

At the risk of getting criticised, I am going to admit that I actually like Kyle and Jackie O.
Judging by their ratings, I'm guessing that I'm not the only one.

People here and in the media are so determined to have them fired and I'm getting tired of hearing it.
People are just waiting for kyle or jackie to say something else that they can be attacked for.

If people are so offended then I suggest they change the station. No-one is making you listen.

My guess is that the people who complain the loudest don't even listen at all...

I don't want to see Kyle and Jackie O off the airwaves, and either does their large listener base, I wish that those who don't listen to K&J would go back to listening to whatever station it is that they listen to and just leave us to enjoy an entertaining show

I also enjoy listening to them. The show is generally quite entertaining. Some things Kyle has said are in poor taste (such as the rape comments and the threats toward that journo) but I found others absolutely hilarious! I suspect many others did too but don't want to go against the grain on sensitive issues.

With the exception of the issues I mentioned above I think everyone needs to relax and get a sense of humour..

OFFLINE   dano33 #1559

• 168 posts since
  • June 2008

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:03 PM

bull. NX is. Newcastle's a rock town, and NX is more rocky than any other Today station.

I have to agree with this, although not as rocky as it used to be.

OFFLINE   mal #1560

• 1,222 posts since
  • March 2006

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:18 AM

Sorry, I should have said metro Today stations

I class NX and 104.7 as regional today stations