Macquarie Radio Network

• Please log in to reply
1607 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Mark. #1

• 3,441 posts since
  • February 2003

Posted 06 March 2005 - 06:39 PM

Darryl Brohman has reportedly joined Ray Hadley's 2GB Continuous Call Team, replacing the late Peter Frilingos.

An interesting development considering the big feud that broke out a few years ago when Brohman and John Gibbs walked out on Hadley's then 2UE team to join 2GB, which had acquired the NRL broadcasting rights from 2UE.

OFFLINE   Big Dan #2

• 18,469 posts since
  • July 2003

Posted 06 March 2005 - 08:54 PM

Darryl Brohman has reportedly joined Ray Hadley's 2GB Continuous Call Team, replacing the late Peter Frilingos.

An interesting development considering the big feud that broke out a few years ago when Brohman and John Gibbs walked out on Hadley's then 2UE team to join 2GB, which had acquired the NRL broadcasting rights from 2UE.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It'll be interesting to hear Darryl with Ray, Blocker, Bozo, Magoo Megahey and the rest of the team...
Wake up and smell the maple nut crunch!
Follow me on Twitter at @bigdan1985

OFFLINE   Mark. #3

• 3,441 posts since
  • February 2003

Posted 22 March 2005 - 12:54 AM

2CH have changed their positioner from "Relaxing Easy Favourites" to "Greatest Memories, Sydney's Easy Listening Hits".

According to the SMH Guide, the playlist has been tightened - with some of the more "obscure" songs that are unfamiliar to older listeners being cut. There will also be short lifestyle segments on cooking and gardening in the Bob Rogers morning show, as well as more weekend music retrospectives.

The moves are an attempt to increase 2CH's popularity among the target 45-plus audience.

In Bob Roger's words, "We're not going to become a talk station but people want more than just music from their radio station".

Edited by Mark, 22 March 2005 - 12:56 AM.

OFFLINE   Mark. #4

• 3,441 posts since
  • February 2003

Posted 10 April 2005 - 01:10 AM

I don't know what has happened to Steve Murphy's numerology show that normally follows the football on Saturday evening...

Tonight Dan Mullins and the clairvoyant Bridgette were on between 8pm and 10:30, and then the astrogloger Ed Tamplin took over until midnight.

Maybe someone at 2GB finally worked out that Mr Murphy is a fraud... :eyepopping:

OFFLINE   SydneySider #5

• 5,454 posts since
  • October 2002

Posted 14 April 2005 - 02:12 PM

Ray Hadley went over the top while interviewing Alexander Downer yesterday. And today Crikey has made an audio file of it available for download!

I highly recommend you downloading it and having a listen.....he's gone way over the top.

http://www.crikey.co...10CXWX04700.mp3

Right click, save target as.....

OFFLINE   SydneySider #6

• 5,454 posts since
  • October 2002

Posted 14 April 2005 - 02:21 PM

Yep classic Hadley. If anyone didn't hear his outburst during the 2004 Olympics, then Crikey has also provided the link to that audio file too, if anyone never heard it at the time. Just reply if you want the link.

Actually, someone will end up wanting it.....here's the link

Right click, save target as...

OFFLINE   Big Dan #7

• 18,469 posts since
  • July 2003

Posted 14 April 2005 - 02:33 PM

Oh dear...Ray's stuck his foot in his mouth again...he's turning into a dope! :smirk:

OFFLINE   Big Dan #8

• 18,469 posts since
  • July 2003

Posted 14 April 2005 - 02:40 PM

I only hear him when he's with the other 4 dopes during the footy season his dopiness level peters out a bit. When he's by himself, he's 100% dope.

OFFLINE   Mark. #9

• 3,441 posts since
  • February 2003

Posted 14 April 2005 - 03:55 PM

Ray Hadley went over the top while interviewing Alexander Downer yesterday. And today Crikey has made an audio file of it available for download!

I highly recommend you downloading it and having a listen.....he's gone way over the top.

http://www.crikey.co...10CXWX04700.mp3

Right click, save target as.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's outbursts like that that continue to draw people to his show!

OFFLINE   TV_Expert #10

• 8,278 posts since
  • August 2004

Posted 27 April 2005 - 08:06 PM

This week on Media Watch, there has been a story about Ray Hadley, not only about his outburst with Alexander Downer, but also his negativity to his listeners regarding his complaints received about his daughters' song "Daddy's Gone" by The Robertson Brothers.

The full story here: http://www.abc.net.a...ts/s1353007.htm
TV_Expert - Now clocked 1,500 posts & still counting!

OFFLINE   Big Dan #11

• 18,469 posts since
  • July 2003

Posted 07 May 2005 - 12:40 PM

Usually I like the parodies the Continous Call Team do of a weekend, but they've just released a new one based on Anthony Calleja's "The Prayer"....OMG it's f***en' annoying! It drags, and drags, and drags on... :smirk:

[Guest] shaansewak #12

• --

Posted 11 May 2005 - 10:44 PM

Ray Hadley may go over the top, but he's good to listen to. Well, better than Laws and the other riff-raff

OFFLINE   Big Dan #13

• 18,469 posts since
  • July 2003

Posted 11 May 2005 - 10:48 PM

Ray Hadley may go over the top, but he's good to listen to. Well, better than Laws and the other riff-raff

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

All of them are just as bad as each other. :))

OFFLINE   Big Dan #14

• 18,469 posts since
  • July 2003

Posted 14 May 2005 - 12:40 PM

Channel Nine have approached Ray Hadley to do a show with Rebecca Wilson...he's yet to make a decision, but he's told listeners to the Continous Call Team that a decision may be made by tomorrow afternoon.

OFFLINE   Mark. #15

• 3,441 posts since
  • February 2003

Posted 14 May 2005 - 11:04 PM

Channel Nine have approached Ray Hadley to do a show with Rebecca Wilson...he's yet to make a decision, but he's told listeners to the Continous Call Team that a decision may be made by tomorrow afternoon.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Does this mean the Footy Show is going? Apparently there's going to be an article in the Sunday Tele about some drama/trouble brewing at the Footy Show.

If Ray Hadley accepts, I imagine he'd be handing over the reigns of the Continuous Call team to Andrew Moore.

OFFLINE   Mark. #16

• 3,441 posts since
  • February 2003

Posted 15 May 2005 - 03:05 PM

2GB would be relieved that Ray Hadley has decided not to take up the Footy Show offer. He couldn't possibly have handled The Footy Show gig, and keep up his 7 day a week workload with 2GB.

If Andrew Moore had taken over as GB's chief Rugby League caller, they'd be left very short staffed as there are no backup callers AFAIK, and they wouldn't be able to put on dual broadcasts.

OFFLINE   j5o6hn #17

• 423 posts since
  • April 2005

Posted 15 May 2005 - 06:22 PM

In this world of ours there are 3 people I reguard as over rated, over paid and a total waste of space, in order Jones Alan,Hadley Ray and last but not least Laws John,and the thing thats gets me is that people listen to them,they are not entertaining,amusing, intellengent or for that matter even bright,they cater for what I call the lowest common denominator or radio for the brain dead I very much doubt if any of them has had an original Idea since the day they were born.

OFFLINE   jason120au #18

• 561 posts since
  • July 2004

Posted 18 May 2005 - 09:22 AM

Well, I bet that thanks to Hadley Downer will probably never again choose to go onto his program ever again thanks to his stupid behaviour. He'll be lucky if he goes on 2GB ever again and if I were him I would choose 2UE over 2GB anyday.

I also think that thanks to that also he would of lost quite a few listeners as well.

OFFLINE   Big Dan #19

• 18,469 posts since
  • July 2003

Posted 04 June 2005 - 03:45 PM

Ever since Darryl Brohman joined the 2GB Continous Call team, the show has gone way down hill. They've spent hours discussing things such as women's g-strings (and why men wear them), women's hair, giving himself a wrap, attempting to take over Bob Fulton's role on the show, trying to get a pay rise...all thanks to that fat gibbering idiot. What do you guys think? Vote in the poll.

BTW: This is a joke smile.gif

OFFLINE   j5o6hn #20

• 423 posts since
  • April 2005

Posted 04 June 2005 - 05:26 PM

Er How can the radio version of TVs the Footy Show go downhill i would have thought it was way past down hill and up to it neck in irrelevance