70 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Valkyrie #21

• 2,394 posts since
  • March 2005

Posted 19 October 2005 - 07:43 AM

Homes in-house
Daily Telegraph
19 October 2005

Seven is taking the production of Better Homes And Gardens in-house. The remaining episodes of the 2005 season will stay with the Seven-owned Pacific Magazines but next year's will be produced entirely by Seven, with Craig Walsh, network EP of the show, maintaining his role.

Debbie Cuell will be the supervising producer of the (pictured) hosted show next year.

OFFLINE   antzzz #22

• 2,091 posts since
  • December 2003

Posted 19 October 2005 - 07:56 AM

Seven is taking the production of Better Homes And Gardens in-house.

Very good to hear.
Do you like Australian grown grapes?
If so, how would you rather purchase fresh grapes from a supermarket? Vote Now!

OFFLINE   Reuder7 #23

• 20,038 posts since
  • February 2005

Posted 16 May 2008 - 03:38 PM

One thing I'd like to see Better Homes and Gardens incorporate is the celebrity home/garden sticky peak. It worked well on Burke's Backyard, and with news that it won't be returning anytime soon, Better Homes and Gardens should consider taking it up.

[Guest] matt94 #24

• --

Posted 04 May 2009 - 04:18 PM

Hi, I was just wondering does anyone have to extentded song of 'better homes and gardens' like the one they played at the logies last night
Thanks. smile.gif

OFFLINE   Palmer #25

• 862 posts since
  • August 2008

Posted 04 May 2009 - 08:45 PM

I've seen idents featuring the song "Friday" with them all standing and smiling, then "Better Fridays".

[Guest] matt94 #26

• --

Posted 05 May 2009 - 02:06 PM

QUOTE (Palmerz @ May 4 2009, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've seen idents featuring the song "Friday" with them all standing and smiling, then "Better Fridays".

Hi, thanks, would you know who the artist is?

OFFLINE   BoyWonder #27

• 134 posts since
  • January 2010

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:39 AM

I can smell a BH&G themed channel. How is this different from 'Gardening Australia LIVE!'? I suppose the difference is for this we are treated to the bubbly Joanna Griggs.

OFFLINE   TelevisionAU #28

• Forum Administrator

• 11,427 posts since
  • November 2005

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:48 AM

I can smell a BH&G themed channel.

how come? How does one event lead to a themed channel?

OFFLINE   BoyWonder #29

• 134 posts since
  • January 2010

Posted 22 March 2010 - 12:54 PM

how come? How does one event lead to a themed channel?

It's a huge success on tv. If it can demonstrate that it can pull an audience off screen it may lead to bigger and better things. Also America has a BH&G channel, and Australian television networks have clearly demonstrated they can not come up with anything original (very few exceptions) and love all things American. Lifestyle is rumoured to be what 7's next sub channel will be, mind you there is a lot of rumours but if they go "LifeStyle" it would make sense to brand it BH&G.
That being said, I am always cynical and suspicious, sometimes I am way off (It's an ugly word "wrong").

ONLINE   Johnson28 #30

• 2012 & 2014 NRL Tipping Champion

• 11,566 posts since
  • October 2010

Posted 31 January 2011 - 08:46 PM

Better Homes and Gardens returns for its 17th season on Friday with a monster home makeover challenge featuring three of Australia’s top fashion designers.
Charlie Brown, Camilla Franks and Peter Morrissey turn their hand to renovating using the latest in outdoor trends and interior design to transform an everyday bedroom, living room and backyard. Will their flash for fashion translate to the home and garden?
Viewers can vote for their favourite makeover for the chance to win an all new stylish Suzuki Swift with $5,000 in the glovebox.
Whose design will be voted "most fashionable"? Will it be Charlie Brown’s "Beach Safari" living room, Camilla Franks’ summer holiday inspired "Island Resort" courtyard or Peter Morrissey’s bedroom sanctuary featuring Johanna Griggs’ favourite DIY project of all time.
Also in Friday’s show, Dr Harry visits flood ravaged Queensland to support local pet owners and to meet the animals still lost and unclaimed by their owners. Dr Harry shows how you can help those affected, plus prepare yourself and your beloved animals for a natural disaster.
Better Homes and Gardens was awarded its 8th Logie for Australia’s Most Popular Lifestyle Program in 2010.
New segments for 2011 include Fast Ed exposing the fact or fiction behind food and health myths and RENO 101 where the presenters go back to basics to show you what it takes to renovate areas big and small of your home and garden.
Host Johanna Griggs will continue to take us inside the homes of some famous faces including My Kitchen Rules host Manu Feildel, swimmer Geoff Heugill, Conviction Kitchen host Ian Curley and Aussie dance superstars Justice Crew.
Better Homes and Gardens returns Friday, February 4 at 7.30pm on Seven.

Edited by Johnson28, 31 January 2011 - 08:46 PM.

OFFLINE   Mr. J #31

• 9,309 posts since
  • January 2009

Posted 11 February 2011 - 06:40 PM

There hasn't been any changes to the team in a while. When was the last time someone was replaced? Gone are the days of a new decorator every few months.

OFFLINE   Johnson28 #32

• 11,566 posts since
  • October 2010

Posted 24 February 2011 - 07:43 AM

Looks like BH&G will get a reprieve and will remain at the Friday 7.30pm timeslot for the next five years.
Herald Sun
Since the program moved to the timeslot in 2005 it has been dominating the ratings ever since (and bringing in lots of advertising dollars as well), so I think in Seven's view, moving BH&G to another timeslot to make way for live AFL will mean declining ratings and potentially a premature end to the show.

ONLINE   Johnson28 #33

• 11,566 posts since
  • October 2010

Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:37 PM

At today's press conference for the 2012-2016 AFL broadcast rights, Seven Network CEO David Lechie said he was a fan of BH&G and believed it would be moved to another timeslot to accommodate live Friday night football in eastern states. I think from next year the program will either be moved to 7.30pm Thursdays nationally, or be shown at different nights (Thursdays for VIC, TAS, SA, WA and NT, and Fridays for NSW, ACT and QLD). Either way the move will affect the rest of Seven's weeknight line-up, especially My Kitchen Rules and How I Met Your Mother, but that's for another topic.

OFFLINE   Leostar #34

• 4,752 posts since
  • December 2007

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:55 PM

It seems BH&G got a bit of a music remix and has gone all techno. Overall it sees to be a good remix, but some bits kinda sound a bit tacky. Here's a montage of the various bit from last night's show although not included, by the second half of the show they were back to using the theme from the last few year.

Edited by Leostar, 18 February 2012 - 09:57 PM.

OFFLINE   SydneyCityTV #35

• 6,728 posts since
  • November 2011

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:05 PM

Not a bad remix of the BH&G theme, but one part sounds like a news theme hybrid!

OFFLINE   Leostar #36

• 4,752 posts since
  • December 2007

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:19 PM

The logies nomination version of the theme reminds me of Viva La Vida by Coldplay actually.

ONLINE   Matlock #37

• News Contributor

• 6,170 posts since
  • September 2011

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:39 PM

I can see the Facebook group now: Aggressively Fistpumping to the Better Homes and Gardens Theme Music.

OFFLINE   Johnson28 #38

• 11,566 posts since
  • October 2010

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:32 AM

BH&G will have live demonstrations from Melbourne's Royal Exhibition Building next week (February 24-26). I reckon some highlights will be shown on TV in March or April.

OFFLINE   Matt_Melb #39

• Formerly Mike.S

• 10,173 posts since
  • August 2011

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:19 AM

The show moves to its new Thursday night timelsot starting tonight,instead of being the lead in to The footy on friday nights.Now The footy can air Live every week.Great news that the show won again the Logie after so many years on tv.

OFFLINE   InTheWild #40

• 4,268 posts since
  • March 2008

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:44 AM

The show moves to its new Thursday night timelsot starting tonight,instead of being the lead in to The footy on friday nights.Now The footy can air Live every week.Great news that the show won again the Logie after so many years on tv.

It hasn't been on Fridays for a few weeks has it? Or did it air on Wednesdays the last few weeks in AFL states?