NCIS

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Jac2287 #1

• 2,215 posts since
  • August 2003

Posted 30 August 2005 - 09:40 PM

Anyone else a fan of the show? It's my favourite biggrin.gif I've been watching it from the start cheerful.gif Not many episodes left though no.gif

Edited by Jac2287, 30 August 2005 - 09:49 PM.

OFFLINE   Mawk #2

• 4,829 posts since
  • December 2004

Posted 30 August 2005 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE (Jac2287 @ Aug 30 2005, 09:40 PM)
Anyone else a fan of the show? It's my favourite biggrin.gif  I've been watching it from the start cheerful.gif Not many episodes left though no.gif

I have watched it a few times, I like it better than Law and Order

Edited by mawk, 30 August 2005 - 09:50 PM.

[b]Love you Queensland!
Mawk @ MediaSpy
Your regular video contributor from Brisbane

OFFLINE   Jac2287 #3

• 2,215 posts since
  • August 2003

Posted 30 August 2005 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE (mawk @ Aug 30 2005, 09:45 PM)
I have watched it a few times, I like it better than Law and Order
didn't know there was a dy called suday?

Thanks for that cheerful.gif It's much better than Law and Order biggrin.gif

OFFLINE   Super Simpsons #4

• 4,559 posts since
  • July 2004

Posted 30 August 2005 - 11:40 PM

QUOTE (Jac2287 @ Aug 30 2005, 09:49 PM)
Thanks for that cheerful.gif It's much better than Law and Order biggrin.gif

The characters have a good time and aren't wooden - that's good to see. yes.gif

OFFLINE   leedham #5

• 1,061 posts since
  • May 2005

Posted 30 August 2005 - 11:54 PM

It is one of the better American shows I think and definitely has some of the best mix of characters on television. I am looking forward to the season finale as it is going to be big but I should not spoil anyone's viewing of the program

OFFLINE   TheFiend #6

• 2 posts since
  • August 2005

Posted 01 September 2005 - 04:46 PM

Not only are the story arcs in this show well thought out - it's characters are fleshed out really well and the actors all seem to enjoy themselves as well.
Unlike other crime shows - such as CSI NewYork - NCIS has good actors and great stories (not wooden actors and ripped off stories).
The humour for the show is also a stand out feature. It is just as any office is with ongoing gags, tensions, agro and wit. I love it and dispise 10 for dropping it for so long due to Big Brother.
Why is it that decent shows always seem to get shuffled around programming schedules because of damn sport and rotten movies and/or specials.
Come on commercial TV - you work hard to gain viewers and then shuffle the program to a rotten time slot. SCRUBS is a prime example.

OFFLINE   mcp #7

• 1,894 posts since
  • May 2003

Posted 01 September 2005 - 05:40 PM

QUOTE (Jac2287 @ Aug 30 2005, 09:40 PM)
Anyone else a fan of the show? It's my favourite biggrin.gif  I've been watching it from the start cheerful.gif Not many episodes left though no.gif

fantastic show... i heard kate is leaving though

OFFLINE   Vee #8

• 662 posts since
  • September 2004

Posted 29 October 2005 - 10:20 PM

omg they killed kate

will this be back?

OFFLINE   Jac2287 #9

• 2,215 posts since
  • August 2003

Posted 30 October 2005 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE (Vee @ Oct 29 2005, 11:20 PM)
omg they killed kate

will this be  back?

I was so not happy when they killed Kate no.gif It rates pretty well so I think it will be back next year, but it won't be the same frown.gif

OFFLINE   leedham #10

• 1,061 posts since
  • May 2005

Posted 30 October 2005 - 07:40 PM

It was disappointing they killed Kate but Sasha wanted out I think. Anyway season 3 is still pretty good IMO as the writers continue to try and spice things up in there own little ways.

OFFLINE   Gilbo #11

• Senior Forum Administrator

• 2,498 posts since
  • November 2003

Posted 30 October 2005 - 08:55 PM

QUOTE (leedham @ Oct 30 2005, 08:40 PM)
It was disappointing they killed Kate but Sasha wanted out I think. 

From the rumours I've heard, that's correct. As far as I know, she found the schedule too demanding and it got to the point where she was being forced to make decisions between the show and aspects of her personal life like visiting friends in other countries. She was great on the show and its sad to see her go, not the best ending in my opinion though... no.gif

OFFLINE   Jac2287 #12

• 2,215 posts since
  • August 2003

Posted 30 October 2005 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE (Gilbo @ Oct 30 2005, 09:55 PM)
From the rumours I've heard, that's correct. As far as I know, she found the schedule too demanding and it got to the point where she was being forced to make decisions between the show and aspects of her personal life like visiting friends in other countries. She was great on the show and its sad to see her go, not the best ending in my opinion though... no.gif

That's right cheerful.gif I wasn't happy with tthe ending either frown.gif But the producer said that he wanted her to go out with a big ending, but that was just to much no.gif NCIS won't be the same sorry.gif

OFFLINE   leedham #13

• 1,061 posts since
  • May 2005

Posted 30 October 2005 - 09:13 PM

QUOTE (Jac2287 @ Oct 30 2005, 08:59 PM)
That's right cheerful.gif I wasn't happy with tthe ending either frown.gif But the producer said that he wanted her to go out with a big ending, but that was just to much no.gif NCIS won't be the same sorry.gif

I don't think there were too many fans happy with the ending if any that is and the other thing about it was nobody knew who it was until the episode aired from what I read with them shooting a double ending as well. I can't see the show slipping back though thanks to good character replacement and anyway we still have Kate's memory.

OFFLINE   mathew #14

• 1,304 posts since
  • September 2005

Posted 01 November 2005 - 12:50 PM

It was a shock ending, it wont be the same, i think i read somewhere the new character will be 'jenny' but i cant find this info now, well without spoiling the next season for myself but if someone wants to check go to tv.ocm and search NCIS
ACTV Now Open! CLICK HERE TO VISIT

OFFLINE   Vee #15

• 662 posts since
  • September 2004

Posted 02 November 2005 - 08:37 PM

'jenny'

could be Coates from JAG?

OFFLINE   Jac2287 #16

• 2,215 posts since
  • August 2003

Posted 02 November 2005 - 08:42 PM

QUOTE (Vee @ Nov 2 2005, 09:37 PM)
'jenny'

could be Coates from JAG?

No no.gif Jenny is Gibbs' new boss she is played by Lauren Holly, the new girl is Agent Ziva David played by Cote De Pablo

OFFLINE   Tntnnbltn #17

• 864 posts since
  • January 2005

Posted 20 November 2005 - 11:46 PM

I've noticed something weird on the episodes of NCIS aired on WIN Television WA. I was wondering if someone could tell me if this is meant to happen (ie, it's intentional) or whether WIN is screwing stuff up...

aa bb cc dd ee ff gg - (Ad break) - hh ii jj kk ll mm nn - (Ad break) - etc
Above is a crude representation of the format of a standard show, progressing in a linear order with ad breaks seperating it into blocks.

Now this is how NCIS airs on WIN WA...
gg aa bb cc dd ee ff gg - (Ad break) - nn hh ii jj kk ll mm nn - (Ad break) - etc
Coming back from each ad break, they play around half a second of footage (both video and audio) from the very end of each block.

So is it meant to do this? embarrassed.gif
No sig - No bias

OFFLINE   mcp #18

• 1,894 posts since
  • May 2003

Posted 21 November 2005 - 08:06 AM

QUOTE (Tntnnbltn @ Nov 20 2005, 11:46 PM)
I've noticed something weird on the episodes of NCIS aired on WIN Television WA. I was wondering if someone could tell me if this is meant to happen (ie, it's intentional) or whether WIN is screwing stuff up...

aa bb cc dd ee ff gg - (Ad break) - hh ii jj kk ll mm nn - (Ad break) - etc
Above is a crude representation of the format of a standard show, progressing in a linear order with ad breaks seperating it into blocks.

Now this is how NCIS airs on WIN WA...
gg aa bb cc dd ee ff gg - (Ad break) - nn hh ii jj kk ll mm nn - (Ad break) - etc
Coming back from each ad break, they play around half a second of footage (both video and audio) from the very end of each block.

So is it meant to do this? embarrassed.gif

Yes. it is just a flashback style image that shows up out of a break. It's how the show is made. I downloaded an ep i missed off the net (US Broadcast) and it was also featured in that episode.

OFFLINE   Vee #19

• 662 posts since
  • September 2004

Posted 29 March 2006 - 08:58 PM

its good to have normal programming resume on wednesday

I notice 9 stuffed up Tuesday's again with a repeat csi then a i don't know what csi: ny - I didn't stick around to find out

OFFLINE   Philrose Inc #20

• 762 posts since
  • April 2005

Posted 28 June 2006 - 09:57 PM

I would have to say that Ten has a good line up on Wednesday nights and NCIS managed to rate well after House which is better than on Sunday night. NCIS is till doing well in the US and I hope CBS Paramount will bring out more new episodes.

At the moment Ten must be worried about the Wednesday night ratings since Thank God You're Here is finished and we still have Big Brother Special and other specials at 7:30 ,I know ratings might be low for both House and NCIS especially with what happen 2 weeks ago but last week they have bounced back as normal.

Back on topic, NCIS is still a great show with good storylines and characters and actors but at least it's more better than CSI: NY.

Edited by Philrose Inc, 28 June 2006 - 10:05 PM.

Jericho. 8:30pm Thursday on TEN.