Kath and Kim

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
660 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   thwaity #1

• 3 posts since
  • October 2005

Posted 28 October 2005 - 02:36 AM

Hi

This is my first post, so I hope Ive put it in the right place. Apologies if I havent.

Im from the UK and Ive been loving KATH AND KIM since I watched it on BBC2. So much so I bought the Australian 3 series DVD boxset. Its ace!

I would like some help if at all possible. I know the feature length KATH AND KIM is going to be shown in November, and as a poor UK citizen I'm not going to see this for ages sorry.gif

Is there anyone who would be willing to do me a DVD of it when it is shown over there? I would reimburse anyone with any costs incurred.

I would love a reply from anyone.

Many thanks.

Steve

OFFLINE   Woz #2

• 4,966 posts since
  • May 2005

Posted 29 October 2005 - 06:49 PM

Might be able to.
I'd just have to remember when it's on is all.
IPB Image

OFFLINE   thwaity #3

• 3 posts since
  • October 2005

Posted 31 October 2005 - 01:31 AM

Hi WOZ

Cheers for this. I would really appreciate this. I could email you closer to the time if that is okay?

Regards
Steve

OFFLINE   icat #4

• 7,170 posts since
  • February 2005

Posted 31 October 2005 - 06:33 AM

Never really got into the Kath and Kim craze. Seen a couple of episodes but that was it.
Nine reasons to watch Titus Pollo on Rome.
Prison Break on 7

OFFLINE   thwaity #5

• 3 posts since
  • October 2005

Posted 18 November 2005 - 08:38 PM

Hi Woz

Just wanted to let you know that I got an email from ABC TV to say that the DVD of Da Kath & Kim Code is coming out before Xmas, so Ive ordered that. So I dont need a copy of the programme anymore.

Thanks for offering to record it for me. I really appreciate it.

Regards
Steve

OFFLINE   networkten #6

• 2 posts since
  • November 2005

Posted 19 November 2005 - 03:35 PM

i love kath & kim look at moyie good stuff hyper.gif

OFFLINE   Woz #7

• 4,966 posts since
  • May 2005

Posted 19 November 2005 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE (thwaity @ Nov 18 2005, 09:38 PM)
Hi Woz

Just wanted to let you know that I got an email from ABC TV to say that the DVD of Da Kath & Kim Code is coming out before Xmas, so Ive ordered that. So I dont need a copy of the programme anymore.

Thanks for offering to record it for me. I really appreciate it.

Regards
Steve
Haha no probs at all.
IPB Image

OFFLINE   Mawk #8

• 4,829 posts since
  • December 2004

Posted 24 November 2005 - 01:30 PM

I certainly will be watching the Telemovie
[b]Love you Queensland!
Mawk @ MediaSpy
Your regular video contributor from Brisbane

OFFLINE   Mawk #9

• 4,829 posts since
  • December 2004

Posted 24 November 2005 - 01:32 PM

sort of a Spoiler more like a Preview but it's in White Below

Kel and Kath have just been on an overseas tour based on the international blockbuster, The Da Vinci Code. They return to Fountain Lakes refreshed and ready to gear up for Christmas Day in just two weeks' time. But it will be the most harrowing two weeks of their lives. Kath's admiration for another man causes an outbreak of jealousy in Kel. The result is a shocking incident that could lead to a ruined marriage and possible legal proceedings.

Meanwhile Brett and Kim have serious issues. Brett's recent promotion at Computacity has gone to more than just his head. And who is the new man in Sharon's life? No-one seems to know! Could this lead to Sharon's dream wedding at Captain Cook's cottage?

More exciting than any airport thriller, Da Kath & Kim Code is an excursion into the unexplored crannies of life at Lagoon Court, Fountain Lakes. It's a tale of corporate greed, a puzzle of biblical proportions, and an emotional roller coaster that will churn your stomach... iterally.

Edited by mawk, 24 November 2005 - 01:32 PM.

[b]Love you Queensland!
Mawk @ MediaSpy
Your regular video contributor from Brisbane

OFFLINE   Sharpy #10

• 5,866 posts since
  • December 2003

Posted 24 November 2005 - 02:29 PM

Did anyone get the DVD from last weekends paper (well I am assuming it was in all states - it was in Queenslands weekend papers at least). I got it, but have only watched a little bit. It has a bit of a preview for the movies yes.gif

OFFLINE   Jac2287 #11

• 2,215 posts since
  • August 2003

Posted 24 November 2005 - 10:42 PM

QUOTE (Sharpy @ Nov 24 2005, 03:29 PM)
Did anyone get the DVD from last weekends paper (well I am assuming it was in all states - it was in Queenslands weekend papers at least). I got it, but have only watched a little bit. It has a bit of a preview for the movies yes.gif

Yeah, I got it but haven't gotten around to watching it yet :flamed: Eventually!

OFFLINE   Chuppa Chupp #12

• 64 posts since
  • August 2005

Posted 25 November 2005 - 11:11 AM

yep, i got the dvd from last sundays hun.
actually watched the dvd instead of readinging all the advertisements, er, i mean articles in the paper. was really funny.

it's basically the 3 series that have been shown on abc, and they have been cut down into one 40 minute episode so that by the screening of the telemovie, everyone is up to date with kath and kim.

OFFLINE   Splashmo #13

• 11,390 posts since
  • February 2005

Posted 27 November 2005 - 08:30 PM

Just finished watching the telemovie. It was pretty ordinary. You can only take so much - the humour gets very tiring. And it was so far-fetched! Give me a 20 minute episode any day.

OFFLINE   Blue Mountains #14

• 3,253 posts since
  • October 2004

Posted 27 November 2005 - 09:09 PM

I loved the movie! Hilarious!
Lies to tell small kids: milk feels pain

OFFLINE   Moses #15

• 1,360 posts since
  • June 2003

Posted 27 November 2005 - 09:23 PM

I loved it! It was absolutely fantastic! And a Christmas theme...how can you go wrong with a Christmas theme?

OFFLINE   Matt01 #16

• 1,628 posts since
  • November 2005

Posted 27 November 2005 - 09:44 PM

Overated crap - and the thing is the girls themselves know it too... is why they dont want to make another series!

First season was Brilliant - but then that was just a rehash of the earlier 7 stuff.

Second, Third seasons - were woeful - as infact will be much of the subsequent works - they got no material!

OFFLINE   Ryan #17

• Senior Site Administrator

• 12,176 posts since
  • September 2005

Posted 27 November 2005 - 10:18 PM

I watched it. Nothing special at all really. It was ok, it just wasnt very funny.
Ryan

Site Administrator

ryan@mediaspy.org

OFFLINE   Sharpy #18

• 5,866 posts since
  • December 2003

Posted 27 November 2005 - 10:20 PM

I got bored after about 20 minutes frown.gif

OFFLINE   K #19

• 3,461 posts since
  • December 2004

Posted 28 November 2005 - 12:16 AM

I watched it as well and found it quite entertaining.

OFFLINE   routemarker #20

• 5,353 posts since
  • July 2004

Posted 28 November 2005 - 12:28 AM

QUOTE (MorningDude @ Nov 28 2005, 01:00 AM)
I watched it. I enjoyed it.

And I can see why it wouldnt appeal to people here on MediaSpy. MediaSpyers are generally more interested in whether Channel 7 is using digital signals or not, and whether the Network 10 idents are in a 16:9 format. They wouldnt really get the humour.

Whats there to get? It's all in the accents.

I watched the gymastics and locusts, not dissapointed at all silly.gif I didn't see one ID tonight either.
You're going nowhere fast, like a moose without legs; tied to a truck with no petrol!