Levy Quits

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

[Guest] sevenfan #1

• --

Posted 10 March 2006 - 05:29 PM

Sandra Levy has quit the Nine Network after 6 months due to constant budget cuts at the network! eyepopping.gif

OFFLINE   The Big Walbowski #2

• 2,160 posts since
  • February 2006

Posted 10 March 2006 - 05:45 PM

Well, I'm not really surprised by that. What say the rest of you? idea.gif
"G'day! I'm Mike Moore, and welcome to Frontline!"

OFFLINE   bugz #3

• 2,869 posts since
  • December 2005

Posted 10 March 2006 - 07:24 PM

I personally don't think it is that big of a loss. She is going to stay on as a consultant so her experience is not totally lost, and there are many other, dare I say it, younger and fresher people who would jump at the oppourtunity.

She knew there wasn't a lot of money to go around, why she waited this long is a little strange.

Edited by bugz, 10 March 2006 - 07:24 PM.

Censorship at its finest.

I will now use the site to shamelessly plug my own website and interests.

OFFLINE   modecko #4

• 3,090 posts since
  • November 2002

Posted 10 March 2006 - 07:43 PM

This was a 90% eyepopping.gif budget cut and no matter what spin Eddie tries to put on it, like she's still consulting, Levy is a huge loss, and how can any entity do it's job with a 90% cut. 10-20% I could understand but that's ridiculous and is really asking Nine to become a second rate network.

Edited by modecko, 10 March 2006 - 07:44 PM.

All content is from the author's twisted mind and does reflect his bent personality. He is seeking professional help.

OFFLINE   bugz #5

• 2,869 posts since
  • December 2005

Posted 10 March 2006 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE (modecko @ Mar 10 2006, 08:43 PM)
This was a 90% eyepopping.gif  budget cut and no matter what spin Eddie tries to put on it, like she's still consulting, Levy is a huge loss, and how can any entity do it's job with a 90% cut. 10-2-% I could understand but that's ridiculous and is really asking Nine to become a second rate network.

Terry Tv doesn't know what he is talking about.

No offence but the guy has one big chip on his shoulder.

[Guest] sevenfan #6

• --

Posted 10 March 2006 - 08:28 PM

eyepopping.gif 90% is huge! No one can work with that sort of money! You see as much as Eddie would love to get rid of Ian he knows he can't because he would loose his job! Let's face it Eddie is a puppet for Park Street! They (JA) are giving all the directions! He has hardly any say! How can you possibly have $100,000 for a budget! Put it this way Seven has 10x that! James and co. are cutting Nine's costs for a sale! The thing is who would be so desperate to take on this underperforming network! cheerful.gif

Bugz is I recall correctly you said Sandra was a legend of Australian TV and would be bringing Nine back to the top! Nine have no chance in hell of getting to the top on $100,000! biggrin.gif

OFFLINE   Sharpy #7

• 5,866 posts since
  • December 2003

Posted 10 March 2006 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE (sevenfan @ Mar 10 2006, 08:28 PM)
Bugz is I recall correctly you said Sandra was a legend of Australian TV and would be bringing Nine back to the top!

Yeh so do I and now to say she is no big loss :flamed:

Edited by Sharpy, 10 March 2006 - 08:43 PM.

OFFLINE   modecko #8

• 3,090 posts since
  • November 2002

Posted 11 March 2006 - 10:01 AM

Move to Aunty mooted for ex-Nine chief

By John Lehmann

March 11, 2006

JAMES Packer's struggling Nine Network suffered another hit yesterday when drama and development chief Sandra Levy resigned only five months after being appointed.
The surprise move leaves newly installed chief executive Eddie McGuire searching for an executive to lead the creation of popular shows at a time when Nine is losing viewers and advertising revenue to Kerry Stokes's Seven Network.

Ms Levy's resignation sparked speculation she plans to mount a campaign to return to the ABC as its new managing director, although she maintains to friends she is not interested.

Ms Levy, 58, left her post as ABC TV director to take up a $500,000-a-year job at Nine after being hired by acting chief Sam Chisholm in September.

Earlier this week, she told Mr McGuire, who took over from Mr Chisholm last month, that her foray into commercial television was "not working out".

Sources said she was unhappy with cuts to the drama budget and with having to fix holes in Nine's programming schedule.

Mr McGuire convinced her to stay on as a consultant in charge of three specific projects. Ms Levy could not be contacted.

Nine is set to lose the first four weeks of the ratings season and its earnings for the first half of the 2005-06 financial year were overtaken by Seven for the first time. So far this year, Nine's audience has fallen an alarming 5 per cent, while Seven's has increased by 4 per cent.

A programming shake-up is expected at Nine, with Mr McGuire to move Melbourne-based Cos Cardone, who recently produced the controversial Allan Border Medal presentation, into a senior position in Sydney within weeks.

The very fact that Eddie went out of his way to convince Levy to stay on as a consultant (wonder for how much?) demonstrates how important Nine thinks she is. If she was "no great loss" they would have just let her go, slamming the door on her way out. That they left the door ajar and she is still welcome says a lot.
All content is from the author's twisted mind and does reflect his bent personality. He is seeking professional help.

OFFLINE   bugz #9

• 2,869 posts since
  • December 2005

Posted 11 March 2006 - 10:10 AM

Of course they need her, she would have probably been the one who organised the new Australian Drama.

OFFLINE   Jimmy James #10

• 4,884 posts since
  • January 2005

Posted 12 March 2006 - 09:30 AM

Just quietly maybe they should be recruiting someone new (this goes for all the nets) to head drama rather than all these washed up ABC hacks who only know how to spend money rather than make it!
Words to live by...
Follow the RANT
TELEVISION RANT